TSN: TSN radio reporting Pro Scout meeting

Aug 25, 2009
éal
TSN radio is reporting Bergervin has called all pro scouts to Montreal for a meeting. Speculation that Brian Gionta and Josh Gorges might be traded.

I was thinking about that his morning, if this happen, who else rotates the A's? Markov, Prust, Plekanec? Give one to Subban yet?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Hard to get accurate information between you and WestIslander.

Sergio Momesso said that he spoke with Mellanby who told Momesso that the Habs management have scheduled an emergency pro-scout meeting for the next couple of days.

Momesso is speculating, which is based on nothing but his own opinion, that the Canadiens might be looking to make a move. He said in his own opinion, if the habs had to move players, they would probably move Gionta, Bourque, Eller, Gorges, Briere, Leblanc.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Have you seen our defense?

These people who think we can just afford to throw away Gorges with no replacement lined up...what planet are we on?

Not a contender planet. What possible reason do we have for keeping a guy who will never be part of the core until he no longer has any value.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Trading now is like a having a fire sale in a buyer's market. Other GMs know MB is under pressure to make changes and can just hold off and get what they want.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Subban called MB : Fire Therrien or trade me.

MB called his pro scouts : we need to trade Subban, because we need to keep Therrien. Its important to have stability.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com

These people who think we can just afford to throw away Gorges with no replacement lined up...what planet are we on?

You can somewhat argue that Gorges has good enough value that if we add some picks and/or prospects, it might be possible to land a better defenseman. But of course, we need a team that want to sell a top-pair defenseman, which is highly unlikely.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

Well our team is **** with or without Gorges right now. His contract is alright for now but it will be garbage 2 years from now. It opens up a spot and we can let the kid develop. Trade Murray for 4th round pick and call up Tinordi so he can play the rest of the season. Honestly we're not going anywhere in the playoffs this season.

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Like I said before, most fans will not buy into the "build through the draft" concept until MB purges the roster of all players who don't fit the long-term plan (if such plan exists).

Did I just hear Gionta might be traded?

borat-dancing.gif

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hard to get accurate information between you and WestIslander.

Sergio Momesso said that he spoke with Mellanby who told Momesso that the Habs management have scheduled an emergency pro-scout meeting for the next couple of days.

Momesso is speculating, which is based on nothing but his own opinion, that the Canadiens might be looking to make a move. He said in his own opinion, if the habs had to move players, they would probably move Gionta, Bourque, Eller, Gorges, Briere, Leblanc.

Eller doesn't belong on this list. Markov should be added to it for the simple fact he has the most value. Bouillon and Murray might not have value, but they should be on it.

If the pro scouting team doesn't see that Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Eller is the future of the team down the middle, then I just don't know.

PP Subban

Nov 9, 2006
I picture Bergevin blowing in a huge shell, then screaming "Scouting team assemble!!!!".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad