Speculation: TSN: Dhalliwal : Canuck's backup plan is Kevin Shattenkirk

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Just because he didn’t want to play in Edmonton doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to play in Canada unless I am missing something. I know he refuses to lift to ntc to go to Edmonton when the hall for shattenkirk trade didn’t go through because of that.
It's more than that. He took less money to play for the NYR because he wanted to be closer to home. Florida isn't to far off either. Canada is just another story.
I don't believe it had anything to do with Edmonton other than location. If his options are limited than he has little choice. These rumors are pretty interesting.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Signing a one dimensional role player directly after they win a Stanley Cup is always a good plan. Don't see any way that could go wrong.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
He's got his cup. He's 31. I think he settles for term. 4 years at 2.5-3M.
If he does one year, he'll get more than 3 easily. If he does more, he'll get less.
I'd take him in Colorado if the term is 2-3 years with reasonably low caphit.

Adding another RHS puck-mover would give us a lot of options at 5v5, and also help PP2 and give some contingency for PP1 in the event that Makar would get injured.

Graves -- Makar
Girard -- Shattenkirk
Byram -- Johnson
Cole

Or

Graves -- Makar
Girard -- Johnson
Cole ---- Shattenkirk

Or

Girard -------- Makar
Graves ------- Shattenkirk
Byram/Cole - Johnson

YYCLetangStan

Aug 6, 2020
Calgary
If you're forced to play in Canada when you don't want to then Vancouver is the city to be in.

Vancouver has never been a destination market either though. The travel is the worst in the NHL. For American players/spouses, Vancouver may be preferable to other Canadian cities but it’s still bottom-tier overall.

Luongo’s wife still lived in Miami after the trade. Even when the Canucks were contenders, their free agent signings would were guys like Malhotra and Hamhuis who are from BC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad