TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Except Roy was the main reason for his two rings and Shaw was riding the coattails of far more talented players. No Keith, Kane, Toews, Hossa here in Montreal, and look at the results.

I think you're missing the point. He's talking about using those rings to use as ear plugs to help him block out the noise.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Except Roy was the main reason for his two rings and Shaw was riding the coattails of far more talented players. No Keith, Kane, Toews, Hossa here in Montreal, and look at the results.
We were, and still are thin at centre, and our clown GM trades Eller, for picks, and then trades for a winger in Shaw...

Marc Bergevin, redefining the term stupid, one deal at a time...

Reactions: Pickles and tazsub3

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I'm not one of those who likes to dissect personalities or likes to flame people in general, but godamn Conor McKenna rubs me off in the wrong way.

He just has that wuss demeanor who sounds tough behind a mic but wouldn' do crap if it came to him.

He's' the exact same way on Twitter too. He either hides behind an analytic's past opinion or he's just purposely trying to stir crap up, to pretend like he's not 5 minutes later.

Why in the world did they release Elliot Price of his contrat to replace him with that phoney? Atleast Price had that witty sense of humor that was fun to listen too in the morning.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
We were, and still are thin at centre, and our clown GM trades Eller, for picks, and then trades for a winger in Shaw...

Marc Bergevin, redefining the term stupid, one deal at a time...

The thing about Bergevin is the individual trades aren’t always bad, but they are not part of a larger plan. It’s just a swap meet.

Reactions: BLONG7

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
So what? If Eller gets his name on the Cup he'll be riding Ovie's coattails.

And unlike Shaw he hasn't won anything yet.

McKenna is suffering from recency bias. Sure the Eller of the past 6 weeks is better than a lot of guys. But 6 weeks does not a career make. John Druce had some good playoffs too, probably more of them than the 2 that Eller has had.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Marinaro now: soccer and basketball are two amazing sports. I don't know how anyone can not like basketball. If you're not, explain it to me.

I will, Marinaro. Stop shoving stuff down people's throats.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I woke up this morning listening to a re-run of one of JC Lajoie's segments where he was proposing to trade the 3OA pick for the rights to negotiate with John Tavares. Is this guy on medication?

Reactions: Pickles and Gains

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Marinaro now: soccer and basketball are two amazing sports. I don't know how anyone can not like basketball. If you're not, explain it to me.

Please take that opportunity if you're able.
Soccer is 90+ minutes of waiting for scoring to happen knowing that there's a good chance that the game will end 0-0. Basketball is 47 minutes of tedious scoring followed by 1 minute of drama if you're lucky and the score is close.

Last night as I'm watching the Red Sox-Astros on Sportsnet, I see the NBA score in the crawl at the bottom of the screen and Cleveland is either tied or slightly ahead of Golden State. With about 5 minutes left the crawl showed a tied score of, I think, 96-96. Then I wake up this morning and see that the Warriors won by 10 points....just like you knew they would all along.

Reactions: Runner77

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Shaw putting up that video is the same as Tom Kuhnhackl posting it. He's a marginal player who could've easily been replaced and the funny part is idiot Habs fans getting on their knees for the guy when neither of those cups were won here and he'll never win here while it's all too likely that Eller will be lifting the cup after playing a key role for his club.

Are we the lowest IQ fanbase?

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016

Marinaro talks about basketball like it’s just come out of hiding. Guy is my age. So he missed Jordan, Bird, Magic, peak Lebron, amd a million exciting NCAA games. Now he is lecturing me about it.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Shaw putting up that video is the same as Tom Kuhnhackl posting it. He's a marginal player who could've easily been replaced and the funny part is idiot Habs fans getting on their knees for the guy when neither of those cups were won here and he'll never win here while it's all too likely that Eller will be lifting the cup after playing a key role for his club.

Are we the lowest IQ fanbase?
Eller's role is no more key than Shaw's was in Chicago. Eller is also a marginal player who can be easily replaced. Pretty much any bottom six caliber forward falls into this category and Eller is among them.

The only other thing that Shaw and Eller have in common, aside from their complete irrelevance, is the fact that neither of them will win Cups in Montreal.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Eller's role is no more key than Shaw's was in Chicago. Eller is also a marginal player who can be easily replaced. Pretty much any bottom six caliber forward falls into this category and Eller is among them.

The only other thing that Shaw and Eller have in common, aside from their complete irrelevance, is the fact that neither of them will win Cups in Montreal.

Do you think Bergevin will bring in a better Center than eller before he gets the axe?

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario

Shaw also had multiple concussions when we traded for him, has a very low hockey/personal IQ (headhunting in a meaningless season game against Dallas) and wasn't even close to being as key as Eller in Chicago's cup runs. Shaw never had to replace Toews for a bloody series....

Reactions: Pickles

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Shaw also had multiple concussions when we traded for him, has a very low hockey/personal IQ (headhunting in a meaningless season game against Dallas) and wasn't even close to being as key as Eller in Chicago's cup runs. Shaw never had to replace Toews for a bloody series....

Yeah but dude Shaw plays HARD hurrrrrrr GRIT. Teams will think twice before messing with shawzy ! LMAO

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Well we'll see (if Kuznetsov stays on the injured list) if Eller is able to successfully replace him or not. If Vegas wins the Cup, Eller goes back to being a footnote. Shaw is a footnote with a ring.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Fanbase is pretty dumb. Took this offseason for most fans to turn on bergevin. People with a brain saw this coming from a mile away years ago
This fanbase have been brainwashed by the Canadiens & it's media propaganda partners for decades. Most of the fans lack critical thinking and just repeat what they hear on tv/radio/papers. They are turning on bergevin just because jouernalyssses on tv finaly started to critisize him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Marinaro, how about a smooth snooze transition from your beloved basketball to the CFL and bocce. Can't wait.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Do you think Bergevin will bring in a better Center than eller before he gets the axe?
It shouldn't be difficult, even for Bergevin, to accomplish that. I expect he will overpay for Stastny who is better than Eller. The league is full of centers as good or better than Almost Eller.

That said, with Bergevin you never know. But that's got nothing to do with Eller's talent. It's about Bergevin's lack of ability at his own job.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
He already successfully replaced Backstrom (which is what I was referring to)
An accomplishment which will be forgotten 5 minutes after Vegas takes their victory lap with the Cup, if they win it. For a short period of time, in a desperate situation, a guy like Eller can fill a gap in the top six. But that doesn't make him a top six caliber forward. If the Caps decide based on this small sample of performance to insert him permanently into their top six next season he will revert to the mean and they'll be looking for another center by Christmas. I like Eller but he is what he is: a replaceable bottom six nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad