TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
I'm guessing they bring in an outsider for the drive show in the event MM calls it a day. If they go in-house, the only one I see capable of filling even one of Mitch's shoes is Mckenna. He's still young, but his opinions - whether you agree or not - are well thought-out and expressed and he's consistant. You know... like a pro.

Tony and Simon are glib, hot-take artists. Knuckles, as much as I respect him, is not interesting in the least. Everyone else at that station - with the exception of Gallo - blends into the woodwork. (and Gallo doesn't have the command of a host). Conor is the only one left.
Yep, people crap on McKenna a lot, but when you compare him to the rest, the guy is a mensa candidate.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
I listened to the post game last night for the first time in two months. He sounds like he's either trying to get a job in the PR staff or he's a complete moron.
I used to like Marc defoy but he also has become the latest habs boot licker or he's just another all pro french media hack.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
In terms of a return he is completely right
No chance we get more at the draft then he would have at the TD
But again, just poor management all around

agreed. I can't believe we passed the TD and all that was moved was pleks.

Like did Marc purposefully ask for the moon for patches so that no one would be crazy enough to bite, he could then throw up his arms and say " I tried" or is he just so THERRIBLE at evaluating talent?

I guess that goes into the whole rebuild vs retool debate and Marc is a believer of the retool.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Like did Marc purposefully ask for the moon for patches so that no one would be crazy enough to bite, he could then throw up his arms and say " I tried" or is he just so THERRIBLE at evaluating talent?

I guess that goes into the whole rebuild vs retool debate and Marc is a believer of the retool.

Well if he wanted Trochek from Florida then there was no chance of moving Patches because that is a delusional ask. The Florida play should have been Borgstrom.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016

I honestly think he is overwhelmed and gun shy. Fittingly for the guy who made the PlayStation comment, I think he now realizes you don’t always win trades.

His next major move is critical, to say the least.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Runner77

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I honestly think he is overwhelmed and gun shy. Fittingly for the guy who made the PlayStation comment, I think he now realizes you don’t always win trades.

His next major move is critical, to say the least.
Can we really expect anything good to come out of letting this clown still manage the team? I have lost all hope. Would love to be wrong...

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Not that I believe it to be true, but the number of teams that would like to bid on Max would be theoretically higher in June. Could up the price.
I don't see it that way, with the way things have unfolded this year and Pacioretty's leadership nowhere to be found, I just don't see it. There also is the Bergevin factor, we need a top center prospect, teams are very reluctant to trade good centers from the roster and apparently that's what he's after.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I don't see it that way, with the way things have unfolded this year and Pacioretty's leadership nowhere to be found, I just don't see it. There also is the Bergevin factor, we need a top center prospect, teams are very reluctant to trade good centers from the roster and apparently that's what he's after.
You are probably right. We won't know who offered what at the deadline and we won't really know much more after he gets dealt. No insiders were surprised he wasn't dealt and I'm guessing we wait and see what shakes out with the UFA market before making any kind of deal at all.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
You are probably right. We won't know who offered what at the deadline and we won't really know much more after he gets dealt. No insiders were surprised he wasn't dealt and I'm guessing we wait and see what shakes out with the UFA market before making any kind of deal at all.
One other thing to consider, the rest of the league have witnessed Pacioretty and his lack of output in the playoffs, he might not be regarded as highly as we would hope.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
One other thing to consider, the rest of the league have witnessed Pacioretty and his lack of output in the playoffs, he might not be regarded as highly as we would hope.
You would think a 30+ goals scorer retained at 50% for 2.25mil for 2 years could get good value. He might get you the same return as Thomas Vanek now.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
More potential customers?
There will definitely be more customers but it probably lowers the price, I was thinking that if a team desperate to get in the playoffs should be willing to pay a higher price than one at the draft. I just don't see any team giving up a roster center and apparently that's what bobble head Bergevin was after.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
In terms of a return he is completely right
No chance we get more at the draft then he would have at the TD
But again, just poor management all around

How do you know this?

If he was traded people here would be complaining that he could have gotten more at the draft...

Any and every move is twisted into a bad decision without anything to back it up

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I've tried various sources, I can't get to the bottom of it. I don't get what Langdeau's involvement is and why he felt compelled to resign.

Here's my understanding of it:

In the spirit of #MeToo, Gary Daigneault recently accused a prominent figure on RDS of using abusing his position a bit like Louis CK was doing, telling women to meet him in hotels so he'd help them become reporters. That included minors, apparently.

He also mentioned he called his sources at RDS who mentioned they weren't surprised and new female employees were told in advance of his behavior.

Apparently, Langdeau didn't take kindly to his collegue being slandered and left a nice, threatening message to Daigneault. He's now under SQ investigation and out of a job.

Obviously, this is all hearsay from Daigneault and TVAsport, but that's what I've read up to now.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here's my understanding of it:

In the spirit of #MeToo, Gary Daigneault recently accused a prominent figure on RDS of using abusing his position a bit like Louis CK was doing, telling women to meet him in hotels so he'd help them become reporters. That included minors, apparently.

He also mentioned he called his sources at RDS who mentioned they weren't surprised and new female employees were told in advance of his behavior.

Apparently, Langdeau didn't take kindly to his collegue being slandered and left a nice, threatening message to Daigneault. He's now under SQ investigation and out of a job.

Thanks so much for that. So Langdeau was helping a friend, however, as far the behavior of this "friend", it has not been the object of any prosecution. It's all alleged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad