TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Did anyone else hear the post game show tonight? Campbell went a little ballistic on a caller named Joel. Campbell cut the guy off, wouldn't let him finish his sentence and then preceaded to cut the guy down with Gallo.

Man I miss the days of Dick Irvin and Steve Shutt on the post game show. These two guys suck.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Michael Farber was saying this morning that he would let the officials make the goalmouth calls, including penalties. I think the video review has taken away at least some of their authority.

Is it me or do we see fewer goaltender interference calls lately? You can tap a guys hand and get two minutes but video evidence of assaulting a goaltender results in no penalty?

Welcome to the NHL.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I just want to re-iterate; Molson's interview with Melnick was awful.

Also;
Pierre is 100% right about Price. Professional organizations that actually care about winning would never risk their star player's health in a meaningless game. More proof to my on-going point that Geoff Molson doesn't care about anything other than his wallet.

Silver lining? Multiple reports that the organizations value is starting to slip and profits are WAY down :)

What reports are you referring to Jack? Do you have any links or articles you could point me towards?

Thanks

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Du jamais-vu en près de 20 ans

That's just the most recent one. The Journal has had 3-4 articles detailing similar things; that revenues are down, sales are down and interest is reaching it's worst point since the dark days of Houle.
I would take Houle over Bergevin anyday............Houle was forced to seel things off, because of ownership and a weak CDN dollar..............Bergevin is just a clown...and has done this all by himself.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I would take Houle over Bergevin anyday............Houle was forced to seel things off, because of ownership and a weak CDN dollar..............Bergevin is just a clown...and has done this all by himself.

YES YES YES !!!! 10000 TIMES YES

Marc is the worst, because of these reasons...... Marc is the worst
THE WORST!!!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Campbell is the worst thing to have happened to the station.

And they allow that bland milquetoast manufacturer of empty sentences to pollute several of their shows. The guy literally sits on the fence on most subjects, except when it comes to protect the hand that feeds him his small time Laval broadcasting job.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
The answer is in beginning of your question . If you like him support him that's great.
We obviously disagree about him you think he's worth talking about and I don't my opinion of him isn't going to change.
You can check my post history. I'm not a fan. This is my place in the world to comment on how much I dislike his content...and his fans that call in to kiss up to him.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Cant stand Gallo. Boring and lacks any sort of charisma. My pillow is too much. Campbell is everywhere, cant escape him. Nilan is the only host of a show that doesnt actually run his show. And Tony has the most annoying callers. What the hell is up with that Jimmy guy who is constantly acting angry and shouting over the phone? It's stupid.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Its kinda hilarious when you see TSN Toronto having videos and all their hours broken down in podcasts and MTL has 80 % of their segments uploaded .

Then you add we have to put up with Tony , Gallo Campbell and sometimes Knuckles when he goes hee haw mode

When / if Melnick retires will be a sad day lol because The Drive show will probably go to Campbell or Simon lol

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Du jamais-vu en près de 20 ans

That's just the most recent one. The Journal has had 3-4 articles detailing similar things; that revenues are down, sales are down and interest is reaching it's worst point since the dark days of Houle.

This is stating what we already know or figured, but it is good to see it in the media as often as possible.

It is quite right to compare it to the Houle era. Two fan favourite stars traded ; Houle inherits a team deep in centres and squanders it away so that its a problem, MB never does anything to address the C position so its a problem; Molson Inc. , then, Molson now; mismanagement then, mismanagement now.

Question is whether Molson follows Molson Inc. , and allows for short term measures to try to keep that money flowing in at all costs which delays the inevitable, or does he direct that the foundation needs to be rebuilt which though likely costing us the post season for a couple years more, could lead to a real contending team after that ? I think the media needs to frame the question like that.

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
Its kinda hilarious when you see TSN Toronto having videos and all their hours broken down in podcasts and MTL has 80 % of their segments uploaded .

Then you add we have to put up with Tony , Gallo Campbell and sometimes Knuckles when he goes hee haw mode

When / if Melnick retires will be a sad day lol because The Drive show will probably go to Campbell or Simon lol

I'm guessing they bring in an outsider for the drive show in the event MM calls it a day. If they go in-house, the only one I see capable of filling even one of Mitch's shoes is Mckenna. He's still young, but his opinions - whether you agree or not - are well thought-out and expressed and he's consistant. You know... like a pro.

Tony and Simon are glib, hot-take artists. Knuckles, as much as I respect him, is not interesting in the least. Everyone else at that station - with the exception of Gallo - blends into the woodwork. (and Gallo doesn't have the command of a host). Conor is the only one left.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I just want to re-iterate; Molson's interview with Melnick was awful.

Also;
Pierre is 100% right about Price. Professional organizations that actually care about winning would never risk their star player's health in a meaningless game. More proof to my on-going point that Geoff Molson doesn't care about anything other than his wallet.

Silver lining? Multiple reports that the organizations value is starting to slip and profits are WAY down :)
Honestly, that doesn't make much sense. Otherwise, might as well just give early vacations to all the players you care about. The only ones who should be playing are youngsters that still have to prove themselves and things to learn..?
If Price is healthy, he should play. That's it that's all.

I am not excusing Molson, I think he's an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad