TSN 690 & Other Montreal sports media Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
LOL at anyone thinking we have a chance at Tavares LOL!!!!!!

we have 0% chance....0%

he will not come to an organisation where the defense is as bad as where he is now...

Get that through your heads

Anyone think we have 60% better go get drunk

he will go where he sees a chance to win...and its not here in Montreal, not now and not in 5 years

he will sign somewhere else...i guarantee 100% or my name isnt IKnowNothing
Is it ok if I think we have a 1% chance?

Or is even that too much around here these days?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Pierre sounded quite perturbed and annoyed during his segment with Melnick today about the Habs likely playing Price again this season and other Habs related stuff. I'll link to the audio once it's uploaded on the TSN690 website.

Here's the audio from McGuire's segment today about Price.
McGuire: Fine, just play him

Last edited:
Reactions: Pickles

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Pierre sounded quite perturbed and annoyed during his segment with Melnick today about the Habs likely playing Price again this season and other Habs related stuff. I'll link to the audio once it's uploaded on the TSN690 website.

Bobby Mac was on the morning show and pretty much said the opposite of Pierre (if Price is completely healthy he should play)., which Melnick replayed as well as the Claude Julien clip saying folks don`t know all the internal détails.

It`s usually good radio when Pierre gets ticked but he held it back today. There seems to be some simmering feelings towards the Habs though. Melnick enjoys picking a scab so could be an interesting week.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Curious. Why is he called the flopper? Is it because he continually flip flops on topics? Did he flop on a play in sports? Does he wear flip flops?
The answer is in beginning of your question . If you like him support him that's great.
We obviously disagree about him you think he's worth talking about and I don't my opinion of him isn't going to change.

Last edited:

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017

Wow.... Pierre was so upset... it doesn't make sense. He was getting all defensive and irritated. I guess he really though his buddy Molson would hire him. Not this time Pierre.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I agree with Marinaro on him thinking it's stupid to play Price again this season risking an injury in meaningless games over Campbell who says maybe Price gets hurt again next year so play him now.

Exchange between Campbell and Gallo on twitter about Price playing again this season.

facepalm.gif

Enough with these amateurs. They're best friends, they're bombarding the airwaves with their insanity and now we're going to delve into their twitter pillow talk?

Let them get a room, I want no part of it.
puke.gif

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
What'd he say? I remember them having a twitter beef last year.

Grant is a cranky guy. Doesn't take different opinions well.

He deleted the tweet but something about wondering why SiriusXM would have Conor McKenna on to talk Habs prospects. One of the ticks on his dog knows more about Habs prospects than McKenna. Something like that.

For what it's worth McKenna later tweeted that the point of his spot wasn't to talk about Habs prospects.

Found it:

Reactions: hotcarle

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

He tweeted that tonight. Essentially saying Alzner looked like shit because of Petry and he now looks “good” because of Juulsen. This guy is a buffoon.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He deleted the tweet but something about wondering why SiriusXM would have Conor McKenna on to talk Habs prospects. One of the ticks on his dog knows more about Habs prospects than McKenna. Something like that.

For what it's worth McKenna later tweeted that the point of his spot wasn't to talk about Habs prospects.

Found it:

An "actual authority." :laugh:

More of an actual mediocrity with poor interpersonal skills. A little humility goes a long way but his head is so inflated that he wouldn't know the difference.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I was listening to Tony's show last week about concussions and he had a caller call in named Al. Very hard story to listen to. Anyone know if there were any updates?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I was listening to Tony's show last week about concussions and he had a caller call in named Al. Very hard story to listen to. Anyone know if there were any updates?

I haven't heard any updates on Tony's show since but I was also listening to that call or I think it's the same call you're referring too. I believe he was from the US and it was really tough to listen to him. He was breaking down on the air. He said he had just lost his job. Said he was transgender and had lost all of his friends because of it and had no one to talk to and was going through a very difficult time dealing with depression at times. I believe he also said he contemplated suicide or had ever attempted it but not sure right now. Is this the same caller you're referring too?

Good on Tony for telling him to stay on the line so they could get his number off air to try and get him on the right track for the much needed help he desperately needs and I hope he finally gets it.

Reactions: David Suzuki

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I haven't heard any updates on Tony's show since but I was also listening to that call or I think it's the same call you're referring too. I believe he was from the US and it was really tough to listen to him. He was breaking down on the air. He said he had just lost his job. Said he was transgender and had lost all of his friends because of it and had no one to talk to and was going through a very difficult time dealing with depression at times. I believe he also said he contemplated suicide or had ever attempted it but not sure right now. Is this the same caller you're referring too?

Good on Tony for telling him to stay on the line so they could get his number off air to try and get him on the right track for the much needed help he desperately needs and I hope he finally gets it.

That's the exact one. I remember they lost him for a minute and Tony had the producer try to get him back on the line. Luckily they got him back and hopefully he gets some help.

AntiCHrice

Mar 30, 2016

He tweeted that tonight. Essentially saying Alzner looked like **** because of Petry and he now looks “good” because of Juulsen. This guy is a buffoon.

He didn't say he looks good he said he looks better. Now is it true or not I wouldn't know since I stopped watching the games a long time ago

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He didn't say he looks good he said he looks better. Now is it true or not I wouldn't know since I stopped watching the games a long time ago

No afterwards there was tweet claiming Alzner was good when he had Carlson who never takes risks. Petry is too risky so Alzner looks bad apparently. He just can’t criticize any move by Bergevin out of a desperate attempt to get himself work.

Reactions: jackeymoon

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
No afterwards there was tweet claiming Alzner was good when he had Carlson who never takes risks. Petry is too risky so Alzner looks bad apparently. He just can’t criticize any move by Bergevin out of a desperate attempt to get himself work.

Petry really is not having a great defensive season. He's having a decent offensive season though...

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Petry really is not having a great defensive season. He's having a decent offensive season though...

Good Point Belial.
Petry has always sucked defensively.
Heck even the Oilers knew; that it's obvious why they let him go.
They were already heavily taxed in the D zone.
His D partners having taken a ton of flak for him these last three years or so. F me even The General had his worst stretch ever paired with him.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Good Point Belial.
Petry has always sucked defensively.
Heck even the Oilers knew; that it's obvious why they let him go.
They were already heavily taxed in the D zone.
His D partners having taken a ton of flak for him these last three years or so. F me even The General had his worst stretch ever paired with him.

He can be a beast but sometimes he looks freaking lost or just like a pylon.

He's a more polished Beaulieu with a good shot.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
I just want to re-iterate; Molson's interview with Melnick was awful.

Also;
Pierre is 100% right about Price. Professional organizations that actually care about winning would never risk their star player's health in a meaningless game. More proof to my on-going point that Geoff Molson doesn't care about anything other than his wallet.

Silver lining? Multiple reports that the organizations value is starting to slip and profits are WAY down :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad