Confirmed with Link: Trouba Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Dreger said he thinks Chevy isn't budging as this will set a precedent for players and GMs league wide. Sorry, my mac refuses to ever embed tweets or YT videos.

I am not high on Trouba but I wonder if Chevy would bite on Dekeyser. I used to say this is a lateral move, but DDK sucks this year. He sucks IMO.

DDK would fit their LHD need, pretty much EXACTLY what they want. He is signed also, and is relatively young.

Our D can't get worse at this point, is it possible???

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Dreger said he thinks Chevy isn't budging as this will set a precedent for players and GMs league wide. Sorry, my mac refuses to ever embed tweets or YT videos.

I am not high on Trouba but I wonder if Chevy would bite on Dekeyser. I used to say this is a lateral move, but DDK sucks this year. He sucks IMO.

DDK would fit their LHD need, pretty much EXACTLY what they want. He is signed also, and is relatively young.

Winnipeg doesn't want Dekeyser. And I don't blame them.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Winnipeg would absolutely be interested in DeKeyser.. just not for Trouba.

Dredger hinted we've already tried Dekeyser (everything except Larkin) and Winnipeg wasn't interested.

"So one of the defensemen in Detroit in a package doesn’t fit the bill?

Doesn’t sound like it" replied Dreger. “Doesn’t sound like it. Danny DeKeyser is a pretty good hockey player. I would have thought him and geez – if you have to throw someone else in, I guess you try and sweeten it.

Winnipeg wants a defenseman both younger and better than Dekeyser.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Dredger hinted we've already tried Dekeyser (everything except Larkin) and Winnipeg wasn't interested.

Winnipeg wants a defenseman both younger and better than Dekeyser.

It says they want an elite up and coming LHD for Trouba basically like we all know. If DeKeyser was available, Winnipeg would be interested as they still need LHD and he fits so well there. If he was a free agent, Winnipeg would definitely put in an offer.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

What exactly is this setting a precedent for? GMs for Johansen and ROR have already done this. The guys just move on afterward. Problem is, Trouba doesn't appear to be holding out for money and isn't coming off a good year. If he follows up his holdout with a 1 year deal and another average (partial) year, Chevy looks like a fool.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
What exactly is this setting a precedent for? GMs for Johansen and ROR have already done this. The guys just move on afterward. Problem is, Trouba doesn't appear to be holding out for money and isn't coming off a good year. If he follows up his holdout with a 1 year deal and another average (partial) year, Chevy looks like a fool.

jets are fine if trouba moves on. they are not fine if he moves on and they don't get a good deal out of it.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It says they want an elite up and coming LHD for Trouba basically like we all know. If DeKeyser was available, Winnipeg would be interested as they still need LHD and he fits so well there. If he was a free agent, Winnipeg would definitely put in an offer.

Dreger says point blank in quote I provided that Dekeyser isn't a fit, even though you'd think he might be.

The question was "one of Detroit"s defenseman doesn't fit the bill", and then he says no, specifically mentioning Dekeyser while doing so.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Dreger says point blank in quote I provided that Dekeyser isn't a fit, even though you'd think he might be.

The question was "one of Detroit"s defenseman doesn't fit the bill", and then he says no, specifically mentioning Dekeyser while doing so.

FOR Trouba. They're looking for someone better than DeKeyser FOR Trouba. If they had Trouba still, and DeKeyser was a free agent, they'd make an offer. He's a fit for their needs.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
FOR Trouba. They're looking for someone better than DeKeyser FOR Trouba. If they had Trouba still, and DeKeyser was a free agent, they'd make an offer. He's a fit for their needs.

Gotcha, thought we were strictly talking about in a trade for Trouba. He'd fit them otherwise.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

which essentially means they aren't dealing Trouba to pretty much anyone any time soon. Honestly, best option for Trouba might be going to Europe for a few years.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Well lets be Honest Dekeyser does not Equal Trouba, hence why we would easily do the deal straight up.... so it would be Deksyer + for Trouba

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Maybe a sign and trade, trouba signed at that deal might get teams to up what they were willing to pay compared to an unsigned RFA.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Him signing that contract makes it more likely he is traded.

It also adds significantly to his value - you're no longer worried that you're trading for a guy who wants $6m/year. I think it puts us even further away from a trade, though I agree otherwise.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
They worked out the deal while in Detroit...probably because they wanted Holland there to work out the details of the trade.

We needed a top-9 type player up, but chose Bertuzzi over Mantha.

Incoming trade involving Mantha++

...none of this is actually going to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad