Confirmed with Link: Trouba Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I really don't get the hype for trouba. He's never broken 30 points. And has actually gotten worse. Yeah he's young but he has 3 seasons under his belt now and if it takes larkin or ddk to get him? Lol

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
We have no chance with Ken Holland, even if we were on his short list or whatever the hell he's using.

When was the last time we swung a trade like that?

15 years and roughly 3 months ago.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I really don't get the hype for trouba. He's never broken 30 points. And has actually gotten worse. Yeah he's young but he has 3 seasons under his belt now and if it takes larkin or ddk to get him? Lol

Source? I'm not high on him either, but I'll be damned if I'm not more high on him than pretty much any other defenseman we have or that has hit free agency.

Plus, he's from Michigan, and I've heard that there's something special about Michigan players playing for Detroit.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
You guys are really jumping the guns. We need to hear why he is requesting a trade first.

Nevermind, I didnt even read the article. My bad.

Obviously we need to dive into this. Unless he is requesting some ridiculous salary.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
You guys are really jumping the guns. We need to hear why he is requesting a trade first.

Nevermind, I didnt even read the article. My bad.

Obviously we need to dive into this. Unless he is requesting some ridiculous salary.

He wants to play on the right side and there are 2 guys ahead of him on Winnipeg's depth chart on that side.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
We really have nothing to offer for him. The Jets are going to want a similarly skilled LHD or a Larkin level young center. Who here wants to trade Larkin for Trouba?

But this won't stop people from complaining that Holland didn't get a deal done when Trouba was "available"

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Who gives a rats***. I get excited for no reason over things like this, especially when they benefit our team only to realize this isn't anything near a reality for the Wings.

Sorry, having a crappy night. :/

Still I have absolutely no hope for this even becoming fruition.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
We have nothing to offer, and we have no cap space even if we did.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Source? I'm not high on him either, but I'll be damned if I'm not more high on him than pretty much any other defenseman we have or that has hit free agency.

Plus, he's from Michigan, and I've heard that there's something special about Michigan players playing for Detroit.

Worse as in production. One of those years you could say bad team. But the other one? Nah

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
For all of the talk about what Winnipeg would want in return and how we don't match-up...I want to see the Jets pull in that similar level D or "Larkin level" center. I don't think it will happen unless they either take back someone's problem child or an older player with less long term upside.

I think they will either have to take the best trade available or try to make Trouba want to stay while hoping he doesn't become a distraction.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
For all of the talk about what Winnipeg would want in return and how we don't match-up...I want to see the Jets pull in that similar level D or "Larkin level" center. I don't think it will happen unless they either take back someone's problem child or an older player with less long term upside.

I think they will either have to take the best trade available or try to make Trouba want to stay while hoping he doesn't become a distraction.

agree. why trade someone as good as Trouba so you can get Trouba?

Anyway just read some stories regarding this and it seems there is more to the story than him just wanting to play the right side. Of course that doesn't change whole a lot from our end though.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
agree. why trade someone as good as Trouba so you can get Trouba?

Age, Cost, Handedness. There are reasons.

Or you could be really really high on Trouba, who is super young. If you think he's going to turn into the next Lidstrom in a couple years you'd do it.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
So? He's still would be the best d-man on the team the second he arrived.

Which still isn't a great thing.. Trouba is not a number one D. I get potential but rumours over the past while, the value we'd give, factor all of that in. I don't think he's much better than DeKeyser right now who's cheaper, and we got for free.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Which still isn't a great thing.. Trouba is not a number one D. I get potential but rumours over the past while, the value we'd give, factor all of that in. I don't think he's much better than DeKeyser right now who's cheaper, and we got for free.

He's 23. DD is 26. Trouba slots in as the best d-man this team has brought on the team since Rafalski. And so what if they got DD for free? It's great that he fell in their laps, but that shouldn't be used as a measure of anything.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia

Realistically, we arent getting a number one defender through trade or FA. But I sure as hell would rather a few more #2s/#3s than our current 1x#3 and umpteen 3rd pairing defenceman.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Well from Trouba's PoV, if he was going to be playing in Detroit (not related to the training above) as a reasonably decent defender means hes got 1st pairing RD on lock.

I can see why he would be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad