Confirmed with Link: Trouba Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
I don't think Dekeyser has been bad or failing at all. I'm not sure what that's coming from other than corsi numbers, which are extremely flawed when used on individual players and small sample sizes. He's +3, he's logging huge minutes, and I can't recall any major defensive mistakes by him. Green is playing great so far but I see it as a brief luxury we have. Don't think he will keep it up. Same as Vanek looking like an all-star. It will pass. Dekeyser though could keep playing the same steady game he's playing. Add Trouba next to him and I think we would have a pairing we could lean on heavily.

Imagine if a Trouba, Dekeyser and Chykhrun core going forward would have been possible? Future of the Defense would have been the least of our worries. :sarcasm:

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I don't have an issue with his contract, but I do have an issue with his usage. He needs to be played less and against easier competition. This is why I think a trade is an absolute necessity at this point in time.

I think a 2013-ish Kronwall coming back would be a huge boon. Obviously imperfect, compared to some of the available guys, but would at least push most of our guys down to better spots.

That said, it's too bad we don't have any cap space. Offer sheeting Lindholm would've been a really interesting possibility right now. I'd have happily given up the picks to make it happen.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think a 2013-ish Kronwall coming back would be a huge boon. Obviously imperfect, compared to some of the available guys, but would at least push most of our guys down to better spots.

That said, it's too bad we don't have any cap space. Offer sheeting Lindholm would've been a really interesting possibility right now. I'd have happily given up the picks to make it happen.

If someone had the stones for it, they would have had a good shot at both Kucherov and Lindholm. Both would have struggled to clear cap to match. Holland doesn't seem like the type to stir the pot at all, though.

Yeah man, what's the deal with Kronwall? I don't mind if he is taking extra time to come back. It is hard to watch him when he doesn't have the mobility he had in the past. Hopefully he moves better this season, that would be great.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
I really don't see a reason to believe Kronwall will be any better physically than he was at the end of last year.

He has taken an entire summer of rest and rehab and, the last we heard anything, the knee hadn't improved and he is just going to have to learn to play in pain. Surgery is not an option. So, it would seem, the condition of his knee is what it is. Add on top of that, a summer in which he could not engage in a normal training and conditioning regiment.

In all honesty, I'm surprised he's not already on LTIR, would not be surprised if he ends up there by the end of the season, and kind of expect him to be complete garbage in between now and then.

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
and E would be if he weren't being heavily sheltered.

59.1% EV ERICSSON,JONATHAN - MARCHENKO,ALEXEY
20.73% EV ERICSSON,JONATHAN - OUELLET,XAVIER
15.13% EV ERICSSON,JONATHAN - GREEN,MIKE

Surrounded by great, spreading oaks of defense.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
59.1% EV ERICSSON,JONATHAN - MARCHENKO,ALEXEY
20.73% EV ERICSSON,JONATHAN - OUELLET,XAVIER
15.13% EV ERICSSON,JONATHAN - GREEN,MIKE

Surrounded by great, spreading oaks of defense.

Because 'sheltered' typically refers to your partner, not your usage, eh?

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
I dont believe Trouba's asking price is as ridiculous as some Jets claim to be.

I think somethings about to go down. Maybe DK + prospect for Trouba

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I really doubt that Winnipeg wants Dekeyser. As a matter of fact, this is what was reported on that:

So one of the defensemen in Detroit in a package doesn’t fit the bill?

“Doesn’t sound like it,†replied Dreger. “Doesn’t sound like it. Danny DeKeyser is a pretty good hockey player. I would have thought him and geez – if you have to throw someone else in, I guess you try and sweeten it

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/dreger-elaborates-red-wings-interest-trouba/

Dreger also said just yesterday that no one has even been close to offering Winnipeg what they want.

I think most likely scenario is that Trouba caves and signs and plays in Winnipeg.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Gut feeling? Or something you've read/heard/seen?

My hockey sense is tingling :laugh: No I dont read anything or hear anything. So you can maybe treat it as a false alarm.

It's just that it never is what it seems from outside and the fact is Jets are losing as much as Trouba each passing day. I dont believe all BS Jets fans say about this situation: 'We were always losers and we dont mind being losers again this season', or 'Need to teach him a lesson'. I'm sure there's some truth in that but I think you are a moron if you dont jump on an opportunity when a ****** situation like this happens.

There's the part where Trouba is not part of their long term plan. The way this whole thing went down, Trouba is not likely to re-sign with Jets in future when his RFA status ends. I would try to trade him soon anyway rather than losing him for nothing at the last minute. Why not get rid of source of problem that's going to cause same headache later?

Trouba has potential but Jets fans are over hyping him as a hockey player he is now. Dekeyser and a prospect is more than fair value for Trouba IMO. DK is proven commodity that can help any team right away. He's sure not as flash and lacks some skills but he's got solid defensive mind. He plays position where Jets need most. It just makes too much sense.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
The reports all say the contrary, to date.

I really dont have much trust anything TSN says about this matter especially when a slob like Gary Lawless is on.

I read their news regarding Trouba and it is clear they are just mouth piece for Jets organization trying to send message to rest of the league and Trouba himself who is probably watching anyways.

I respect Dreger's credibility though and I think Dreger's position about DK is somewhat correct. Hence a prospect. Hopefully it's not someone significant.

Ideally I would wish we go for Cam Fowler and not lose DK but with Kronner coming back maybe and the way this team is up against Cap, somethings gotta give.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I really dont have much trust anything TSN says about this matter especially when a slob like Gary Lawless is on.

I read their news regarding Trouba and it is clear they are just mouth piece for Jets organization trying to send message to rest of the league and Trouba himself who is probably watching anyways.

I respect Dreger's credibility though and I think Dreger's position about DK is somewhat correct. Hence a prospect. Hopefully it's not someone significant.

Dreger also said in the same article that Holland tried everything excluding Larkin, and Winnipeg had little to no interest.

Winnipeg would ideally like a LHD that is both younger and better than Dekeyser. Because they are very high on Trouba. So even though what I think what you are proposing is fair/reasonable, I don't think Chevy is going to go for it. We probably value Dekeyser more than most other teams do.

I really think we are looking at another Drouin-like situation, and I think eventually Trouba caves because no one is going to offer Winnipeg what they want.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
What are the odds Ken Holland trades his loyal local boy he just signed to a big contract for a disruptive boy in a contract dispute?

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Dreger also said in the same article that Holland tried everything excluding Larkin, and Winnipeg had little to no interest.

Winnipeg would ideally like a LHD that is both younger and better than Dekeyser. Because they are very high on Trouba. So even though what I think what you are proposing is fair/reasonable, I don't think Chevy is going to go for it. We probably value Dekeyser more than most other teams do.

I really think we are looking at another Drouin-like situation, and I think eventually Trouba caves because no one is going to offer Winnipeg what they want.

Maybe. Like I said, I rather we dont lose DK in process anyways. The way Wings are playing right now and the way Sproul rose the occasion, it's not like we actually need Trouba at this moment. He sure would be nice to have though.

If I could have my way, I would go for Fowler.

Fowler/DK-Green
Fowler/DK-March
Ericsson-Sproul

boom, we can go on a run

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
What are the odds Ken Holland trades his loyal local boy he just signed to a big contract for a disruptive boy in a contract dispute?

I would not be in favor of a Larkin for Trouba swap. I'd rather have Larkin, personally.

Only young Michigander I am swapping Larkin for is Werenski.

If I could have my way, I would go for Fowler.

Fowler/DK-Green
Fowler/DK-March
Ericsson-Sproul

boom, we can go on a run

I'm cool with that. If so, I'd like to see a top 4 of:

Folwer-Green
Dekeyser-Sproul

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Amazing to me that both the Lindholm and Trouba situations have been dragged out this long. Not like both those team couldn't use help either. Even if WPG stays patient and Trouba caves, is that what they want? A player that doesn't really want to play for them, who is just giving up because of money? Is that the path towards success for them?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Amazing to me that both the Lindholm and Trouba situations have been dragged out this long. Not like both those team couldn't use help either. Even if WPG stays patient and Trouba caves, is that what they want? A player that doesn't really want to play for them, who is just giving up because of money? Is that the path towards success for them?

Could you imagine having defenders as good as Lindholm and Trouba, but not playing for your team every night? Must be very frustrating.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007

Even if Trouba re-signs with Jets, the controversy of whether he should play RD or LD will always follow Jets. Not exactly nicest thing to have in locker room.

How long is gonna be the term anyways? 1 year deal? Then we have this situation playing out next season again.

btw they are playing terrible. I watched their game briefly to see what's it all about and I had to turn it off because it's clear they are not going anywhere soon unless something changes. 'Wings dont have anything Jets want' yeah right.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I really doubt that Winnipeg wants Dekeyser. As a matter of fact, this is what was reported on that:

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/dreger-elaborates-red-wings-interest-trouba/

Dreger also said just yesterday that no one has even been close to offering Winnipeg what they want.

I think most likely scenario is that Trouba caves and signs and plays in Winnipeg.

Doubt that ever happen, By all accounts Overhardt wont work with Cheveldayoff by the soundings of Overhardt Trouba's days in Winnipeg are over the only way Trouba signs a deal with Winnipeg rather it be a bridge deal or long term is a sign and trade kind of deal the way Overhardt talked Trouba wont be returning to Winnipeg. Overhardt stated that there's a plan in place in case Trouba isn't signed by December 1st maybe Trouba plays over in Europe i don't know.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

teams might be more willing to trade for trouba if he's under contract and playing well.

jets will probably lose here but they can mimimize their losses by staying patient. or end up even winners if they manage to salvage the relationship like tampa managed to do with drouin. though i think that's a lot less likely here as drouin had issue with his usage. trouba just wants out of canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad