Trouba Requests Trade - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
if its a choice of believing between overhardt and eklands blog i'll take overhardt. don't think he ever plays here again plus the fact of at least 5 more weeks of no little. a second line centre and a d prospect is not the end of the world. even mo sort of hinted we miss little more than we miss trouba.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Agents should have to pay a % of all the money they have lost for a client.

Well they technically do in reduced commissions. If their client is sufficiently pissed off at a contract they fire the agent and he gets nothing.

Speaking of agents I'm not all that sure why they are that necessary for most. It's not that hard to find comparables and the SPC is pretty straight forward. If I where a player I'd do my own research and save the 10% agent costs. If I needed someone to set up different endorsement and business opportunities I'd contract it out on an event by event basis.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
if its a choice between overhardt and eklands blog i'll take overhardt. don't think he ever plays here again plus the fact of at least 5 more weeks of no little. a second line centre and a d prospect is not the end of the world. even mo sort of hinted we miss little more than we miss trouba.

Maurice said that under the context that Little started the season with the team, so he was a player they had penciled in the lineup for this season, Trouba was not in camp, not on team, so they were prepared to start the season without him.

He would be a pioneer for stupidity if he stays out for a season, I do not think this will happen.

I like the idea of Trouba and Morrissey being a tandem

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
if its a choice between overhardt and eklands blog i'll take overhardt. don't think he ever plays here again plus the fact of at least 5 more weeks of no little. a second line centre and a d prospect is not the end of the world. even mo sort of hinted we miss little more than we miss trouba.
I agree , we need a center pretty bad because frenchie has been invisible so far. Get a good center and frenchie can go back to the wing.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
if its a choice of believing between overhardt and eklands blog i'll take overhardt. don't think he ever plays here again plus the fact of at least 5 more weeks of no little. a second line centre and a d prospect is not the end of the world. even mo sort of hinted we miss little more than we miss trouba.

And even if Trouba was getting ready to sign, would you expect Overhardt to say something other than everything is status quo?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I agree , we need a center pretty bad because frenchie has been invisible so far. Get a good center and frenchie can go back to the wing.

I don't think he is a bad centre . only that he cant handle the number 2 centre spot but can play the 3rd . we have a 3rd and 2 4ths in Perrault lowry and burmi. just to much for them to handle 5 more weeks of no little.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
My suggestion was that they dummy assign player(s) to the AHL and sign Lindholm prior to any subsequent LTIR. With Lindholm signed they can then LTIR and use the space to recall the dummy assigned players. Lindholm's signing would not be using Thompson's LTIR space.

Dummy assign? You realize they actually have to go right? They can't practice with the big club unless they are on the roster or IR

Whileee

May 29, 2010

There's this, but I don't really take much of what Overhardt says at face value.

Chevy should put out his own "document" that states:

"The Jets have absolutely no intention of trading Jacob Trouba, and look forward to enter into contract negotiations with Mr. Overhardt and Jacob."

Boom. Shut down all trade discussions. Make it clear that the Jets aren't going to be pressured into meeting Trouba's trade demands. He can go and play in Europe or Russia, if he wants.

I'm certain that Chevy has Chipman's backing, and I think the Jets' fans will line up behind TNSE and Chevy. Overhardt isn't dealing with a fragile market or an antsy ownership group as he was with Turris and RyJo.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Dummy assign? You realize they actually have to go right? They can't practice with the big club unless they are on the roster or IR

Plus the Ducks can only bury $900 k in the AHL that is cap exempt so unless they are sending down a host of 2 way deals they aren't going to gain much in cap relief this way.

Halloween Jack

A real cool cat.
Sep 16, 2013
On top of Manhattan Chase
Chevy should put out his own "document" that states:

"The Jets have absolutely no intention of trading Jacob Trouba, and look forward to enter into contract negotiations with Mr. Overhardt and Jacob."

Boom. Shut down all trade discussions. Make it clear that the Jets aren't going to be pressured into meeting Trouba's trade demands. He can go and play in Europe or Russia, if he wants.

I'm certain that Chevy has Chipman's backing, and I think the Jets' fans will line up behind TNSE and Chevy. Overhardt isn't dealing with a fragile market or an antsy ownership group as he was with Turris and RyJo.

I like the hardball approach. Too bad Chevy would never do that.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

He'll play for the Jets again if Chevy gets stubborn.

My opinion is that Trouba doesn't want to be in Winnipeg, period.

I think he might sign here, but he'll maintain his public trade request / demand.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I like the hardball approach. Too bad Chevy would never do that.

I agree that Chevy seems unlikely to take that approach. He's probably going to try to get the best trade deal possible. But I think he might be a bit of a stubborn guy and doesn't mind making him sweat and taking some $$$ out of his pocket.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
That would matter if this really had anything to do with the money. Trouba just wants out. That's all this is about.

I agree. The Ducks / Lindholm deal had (still have actually) cap concerns that legitimized their lengthy negotiation.

The Jets / Trouba situation is an entirely different animal.

I'm hoping Tessier is right & that their is a deal immediately impending.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=161

How reliable is he as a source? I've definitely seen his name bandied about before but can't recall if it was in a positive or negative light.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I agree. The Ducks / Lindholm deal had (still have actually) cap concerns that legitimized their lengthy negotiation.

The Jets / Trouba situation is an entirely different animal.

I'm hoping Tessier is right & that their is a deal immediately impending.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=161

How reliable is he as a source? I've definitely seen his name bandied about before but can't recall if it was in a positive or negative light.

I don't think he's reliable, and I think his article is almost entirely speculative. I think Trouba is likely still adamant that he wants to be traded.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Call me crazy, but I've got a hunch that JT is being played by the old man and the agent. I think he is considering signing but feels trapped by the situation that he's been put in by old man Trouba and the Agent. Just a hunch....

If he really just doesn't want to be in our fair city, he can go **** himself. Kind of harsh, but that's how I feel.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Im willing to bet if we do sign JT the news will come out of left field...thats how TNSE rolls...It wont be a breaking news story that the Jets and JT are back at the table and are making inroads on a new deal....It will just be a BOOM deal is done news report

Lose lips sink ships

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

You "assign" some money to the AHL, then once Lindholm is signed, you put Thompson on LTIR and recall the players you assigned. They miss a day of practice maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad