Proposal: Trouba Mega Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
It’s the type of game the Rangers should expect to lose 5-1 a lot more often than they win 5-2. They didn’t have more than 1 gaol were they could really be said to have generated anything, most were either weak shots from outside that happened to find a corner or unforced errors by the jets D. At the other end the Jets were getting grade A chances all night and the Ranger D was clearly struggling with the speed of the Jets forwards. It’s the type of win the Leafs,/Avs/Flames were getting when they were in denial about what they really had.

Sunk

Yes, not like Zuccarello scored on a 3 on 1 or anything.. or Buchnevich abused the Jets defense and goaltending.. or Miller scored coming off the rush on a wicked wrister.. gimme a break.. Jets played very well for the most part, but lets not act like they handed the Rangers the game.

Besides, Rangers have played games this year they lost that they more than deserved to win, so it evens out.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
So you saw the scoreline. Did you see the game?

The Jets gave the Rangers fits using their 'quickness' (as opposed to straight-line speed which both teams have).

The Rags were bailed out by their elite, aging goaltender. The Jets were...what's the opposite of bailed out?

His whole point was that the Rangers speed was overrated. It's not at all.

That being said the Rangers are not as good as they have played so far this season (they are in shooting percentage dream land right now). But, they will continue to be hard to play against.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
What crawls up my ass is the cockiness by some posters here. The belief that Chevy is without a doubt going to rob someone blind, or that the Jets basically don't need anything and are stacked everywhere prospect wise.

I think this has come from Jets fans saying "wingers are probably our biggest strength" and constantly seeing "here's a couple of wingers and by the way you should take this since you have no leverage". It's been 7 threads of that.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I don't have an issue with your point, but I really question the likelihood of one team giving up two high end D prospects. I just think a team is more likely/possible to give up a D prospect and a roster forward player. Spreads out the pain and helps with cap.

There are more than enough teams that are stacked with defensive prospects who could & possibly would do that. Teams like Ana, Phil, Bost, Caro .... Sure not all would be willing to or able to go after Trouba, but I thin you'd be surprised if we knew some of the offers that have come in so far

Lundy HOF

May 23, 2016
There are more than enough teams that are stacked with defensive prospects who could & possibly would do that. Teams like Ana, Phil, Bost, Caro .... Sure not all would be willing to or able to go after Trouba, but I thin you'd be surprised if we knew some of the offers that have come in so far

The bold above I have an issue with because IF that were true, why has Chevy continued to drag this one?

The only logically explanation is that he hasn't gotten a good offer. I have my doubts about him trying to be overly greedy as it defies all logic given the complexity of the situation and impact on the Org.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Yes, not like Zuccarello scored on a 3 on 1 or anything...
That play was caused by Buff catching a rut, falling and turning over the puck at the Ranger blue line. That’s not generating offence it’s capitalizing on a lucky break.

Miller scored coming off the rush on a wicked wrister...
“Wicked� it was a 60 foot floater. That shot won’t go in often even when he is lucky enough to hit the corner.
Buchnevich abused the Jets defense and goaltending...
Weak defensive play. Fun, but it’s not offence you can rely on.

Lundy HOF

May 23, 2016
His whole point was that the Rangers speed was overrated. It's not at all.

That being said the Rangers are not as good as they have played so far this season (they are in shooting percentage dream land right now). But, they will continue to be hard to play against.

Even if they regressed to shooting ~10% which is what they did last year, we would have ~39G which would Top4 in the league.

So I am not sure what your point is.

This team has elite offense with the best depth in the league - we have like 3 2nd lines lol

Hank also is just rounding into form. I fully expect the Rangers to be near the top of the PDO charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad