Proposal: Trouba Mega Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I think that's one of the biggest issues I have with that trade proposal as well. I have no doubt that Miller is a legit forward -- a position player however that we do not need. Is Skjei really a legit top-4 D-man (that's the big ??).

Far rather negotiate a deal for two defensive prospects with legit top 4 upside.

Wait, you don't think Skjei has top 4 upside? Ohhhhhhhhkay.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Comes to post trade offers once accepted on NHL 17 - E(4)

I'm in the minority but I would trade Trouba for RNH. I would absolutely not trade Stafford, Petan and 2018 1st for Nurse :shakehead:help:

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
^^^ I was trying to exercise a lot of self-control and not call that out. Glad someone did :)

So you saw the scoreline. Did you see the game?

The Jets gave the Rangers fits using their 'quickness' (as opposed to straight-line speed which both teams have).

The Rags were bailed out by their elite, aging goaltender. The Jets were...what's the opposite of bailed out?

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
Stay strong for the team Chevy. Don't let Overhardt force his will on the Jets and the NHL. True value for Trouba is not just the return of assets whenever that happens but the lesson taught that a squeaky wheel can't impose his will on his friends teammates and fans.

Honor your commitment to the industry you chose, or prepare to pay a steep price to get your own way. As a business owner I don't trust this scenario to even offer a contract that pays an employee that doesn't even want to be in my employ.

We will never get the best player in a Trouba deal whether we did this 3 months ago or next spring. It's all about patience Imo.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
So you saw the scoreline. Did you see the game?

The Jets gave the Rangers fits using their 'quickness' (as opposed to straight-line speed which both teams have).

The Rags were bailed out by their elite, aging goaltender. The Jets were...what's the opposite of bailed out?

Jets played the Rangers well but lost by 3 goals. Not like we stole the game late. Let's not get crazy.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
^^^ I was trying to exercise a lot of self-control and not call that out. Glad someone did :)

The best part of his post wasn't even his confidence in his team. That's fine to have a little fun and say we're gunna beat you tomorrow night. I just chuckled at how he couldn't wait to come in this thread on Saturday night to chirp the Rangers being down 1-0 7 minutes in. It's like he thought he was winning the point by mentioning it.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Jets played the Rangers well but lost by 3 goals. Not like we stole the game late. Let's not get crazy.

Jets clearly outplayed the Rangers for the first half of that game. Had at least two goal-posts during that stretch. This game could have turned 180 degrees if a couple of those went in & if we had average goal-tending. The way it goes sometimes, but there's no way the Rangers deserved to win that by 3 goals.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Stay strong for the team Chevy. Don't let Overhardt force his will on the Jets and the NHL. True value for Trouba is not just the return of assets whenever that happens but the lesson taught that a squeaky wheel can't impose his will on his friends teammates and fans.

Honor your commitment to the industry you chose, or prepare to pay a steep price to get your own way. As a business owner I don't trust this scenario to even offer a contract that pays an employee that doesn't even want to be in my employ.

We will never get the best player in a Trouba deal whether we did this 3 months ago or next spring. It's all about patience Imo.

I just want to keep repeating, despite me going at it with the Jets fans in this thread I agree 100% with this stance. The Jets hold Trouba's fate in their hands. The deadline is looming for Trouba to cave and sign, not for the Jets to cave and deal him.

What crawls up my ass is the cockiness by some posters here. The belief that Chevy is without a doubt going to rob someone blind, or that the Jets basically don't need anything and are stacked everywhere prospect wise.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Rangers were playing their 5th game in 8 days lol they were tired, go figure. Skill still shined through.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Jets clearly outplayed the Rangers for the first half of that game. Had at least two goal-posts during that stretch. This game could have turned 180 degrees if a couple of those went in & if we had average goal-tending. The way it goes sometimes, but there's no way the Rangers deserved to win that by 3 goals.

Jets had the better of the play for stretches, I agree. Game could've turned on the posts hit, yep no question but thats hockey. Goalies are part of the team too and sometimes having the better goalie is the difference in a game or sometimes the better team finds a way to grind out the win.

Either way its one game, and I wouldn't even think to trash talk off of it if it wasn't for Hasek's post Saturday night. (And I didn't anyway)

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
The second part of that is what I don't like. Unless that forward is a C, why do we need another forward. That, plus then we would need to protect that forward in a 7 + 3 arrangement, thereby exposing Lowry, Dano, Armia or someone of that quality to the expansion.

No, I'd still far prefer getting two expansion exempt D prospects over the arrangement you have listed. Still allows us to go 7 + 3 + 1, but gives us much better depth on D (an URGENT need), plus it allows us to protect some of our better F prospects.

I don't have an issue with your point, but I really question the likelihood of one team giving up two high end D prospects. I just think a team is more likely/possible to give up a D prospect and a roster forward player. Spreads out the pain and helps with cap.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I think the game was pretty even apart from that 4 or 5 minute run in the 2nd. That's gonna happen sometimes. This thread shouldn't be about "Who's better?" between the Rangers and the Jets.

I understand that the Rangers wouldn't want to give up Skjei the way he is playing right now but I think he's an ideal return for Trouba and the Rangers wouldn't really feel his absence as much as they'd gain from having Trouba there.

Rangers were playing their 5th game in 8 days lol they were tired, go figure. Skill still shined through.

Jets are on 8 in 11 and have traveled more in one road game to Dallas than New York has traveled all season. Not sure either team can play the "We were tired" card here.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

No it was a typical 2016 Jets game and the Rangers are on a roll. Hard to lose when all 4 lines have confidence.

Period 1 - Jets typically outplay their opponents but come out behind. In this case it was a 1 - 1 tie and that second half belonged to the Jets

Period 2 - here's where our young team falls apart. The Jets have been awful in the middle frame and constantly dig huge holes for themselves. This story repeated itself as NY rang up 4 g's but the Jets at least hung in for a bit when they tied it at 2.

Period 3 - this has been the Jets best period. Coming back from 3 and 4 goal deficits on multiple occasions. Not last night. Despite having some pretty good chances they never cracked Hank's armor again.

They are an exciting team that will struggle with consistency. Access to the 8 regulars missing on top of Trouba would be nice but chances are at the end of this month we will be within reaching distance of the top 8 but likely on the outside looking in unless one of our goalies wants to get hot.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Great idea if your in the lesson teaching business:) 3 months ago Trouba would have returned Chychrun+. Now you wouldn't get Chychrun straight up. Sure, keep waiting (preying maybe).

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I think the game was pretty even apart from that 4 or 5 minute run in the 2nd. That's gonna happen sometimes. This thread shouldn't be about "Who's better?" between the Rangers and the Jets.

I understand that the Rangers wouldn't want to give up Skjei the way he is playing right now but I think he's an ideal return for Trouba and the Rangers wouldn't really feel his absence as much as they'd gain from having Trouba there.

Jets are on 8 in 11 and have traveled more in one road game to Dallas than New York has traveled all season. Not sure either team can play the "We were tired" card here.

Until I've seen Skjei play this season and basically look better every game, I would've been down to move him for Trouba.

I understand both players are 22 but Skjei is on an ELC on a team that is always close to the cap and I believe he will be expansion exempt. To move him and give Trouba 5 mill, I'm just not in a rush to do it right now.

Jets will probably want more anyway, and I get that. Just not something I want to do right now either way.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Great idea if your in the lesson teaching business:) 3 months ago Trouba would have returned Chychrun+. Now you wouldn't get Chychrun straight up. Sure, keep waiting (preying maybe).

Do you have any proof, or is this just another attempt to stir the pot?

Nov 24, 2006

1. 3 months ago Trouba would have returned Chychrun+.

Says who?

2. Now you wouldn't get Chychrun straight up.

Says who?

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
It’s the type of game the Rangers should expect to lose 5-1 a lot more often than they win 5-2. They didn’t have more than 1 gaol were they could really be said to have generated anything, most were either weak shots from outside that happened to find a corner or unforced errors by the jets D. At the other end the Jets were getting grade A chances all night and the Ranger D was clearly struggling with the speed of the Jets forwards. It’s the type of win the Leafs,/Avs/Flames were getting when they were in denial about what they really had.

The Jets were...what's the opposite of bailed out?

Sunk

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I just want to keep repeating, despite me going at it with the Jets fans in this thread I agree 100% with this stance. The Jets hold Trouba's fate in their hands. The deadline is looming for Trouba to cave and sign, not for the Jets to cave and deal him.

What crawls up my ass is the cockiness by some posters here. The belief that Chevy is without a doubt going to rob someone blind, or that the Jets basically don't need anything and are stacked everywhere prospect wise.

No one needs to be robbed for the Jets to be in a better position than our current predicament (minus Trouba). It's not that the Jets don't have other needs it's that if we move Trouba and don't address the short and long term value he gives to our D then we likely are making our team worse regardless of the quality the F's would give us.

The Jets have about 5 - 6 lines of Forwards on the Jets / Moose that are NHL caliber. The drop off in those players is relatively limited (i.e. filling the bottom 6 roles from within). The drop off in D depth is cavernous. A while back a poster asked what the Jets D depth chart looked like (prior to the Myers injury).
Props to the comedy of the reply but one of our fans posted.
"Morrisey Buff
Enstrom Myers
Crap Poop"

And he's not far off.
Postma, Chiarot, Melchiori, Stuart etc... are not going to (over the long term) fill in what we need. Apologies to Postma who is doing an admirable job.
Our late first rounder (LHD) from this summer Stanley was a controversial pick and may be on the slow boat to the NHL.

That means close to no real help is coming.
So in Trouba if we trade something we can't acquire and replacing from within is years down the road then I hope people can see why the Jets management is so hesitant to trade a guy.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
No one needs to be robbed for the Jets to be in a better position than our current predicament (minus Trouba). It's not that the Jets don't have other needs it's that if we move Trouba and don't address the short and long term value he gives to our D then we likely are making our team worse regardless of the quality the F's would give us.

The Jets have about 5 - 6 lines of Forwards on the Jets / Moose that are NHL caliber. The drop off in those players is relatively limited (i.e. filling the bottom 6 roles from within). The drop off in D depth is cavernous. A while back a poster asked what the Jets D depth chart looked like (prior to the Myers injury).
Props to the comedy of the reply but one of our fans posted.
"Morrisey Buff
Enstrom Myers
Crap Poop"

And he's not far off.
Postma, Chiarot, Melchiori, Stuart etc... are not going to (over the long term) fill in what we need. Apologies to Postma who is doing an admirable job.
Our late first rounder (LHD) from this summer Stanley was a controversial pick and may be on the slow boat to the NHL.

That means close to no real help is coming.
So in Trouba if we trade something we can't acquire and replacing from within is years down the road then I hope people can see why the Jets management is so hesitant to trade a guy.

This, this, this. We can fill other needs in the lineup so much more easily than the holes in our defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad