Value of: Trocheck or Bjugstad to Calgary

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
I'm guessing your right but it never hurts to ask. Wheeler had 91 points this year and would be a good leader for Florida.

No doubt Wheeler is a world class player, but having Trocheck signed for 4 more years at $4.75 mil is invaluable to a budget team. Absolutely zero chance Trocheck is traded.

Bjugstad can go with a solid offer.

Reactions: Laus723

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
How about Trocheck for Blake Wheeler? The Jets need a second line center and with all our young players coming off their ELC's we could have a tough time resigning Wheeler.

As much as Wheeler would work with Dadonov and Barkov on a top line, Borgstrom isn't ready to take on 2C for us so Trocheck is nearly untouchable.

I'd do Tippett + McCann or Tippett + our 2nd this year which is Arizona's pick but don't think WPG fans would be interested and I understand why.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Please. Monahan scored as many goals and was on pace for just 4 fewer points despite playing injured for 2 months. This is also the first time Trocheck has broke 60 points, Monahan on the other hand has done it twice before. It is extremely debatable which of the two is better.

It's really not.

Trocheck is hands down the better player and on a better contract.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I wouldn’t trade Monahan for Trocheck, they are probably fairly equal players.

Anyways I’ve long said the Flames should go after Bjugstad. I’m not sure I’d deal Brodie for him, but it would be tempting.

I agree they're fairly equal players but Monahan just had 4 surgeries? We saw a similar issue with Bjugstad a couple years back. Back surgery, wrist surgery, concussion and took him almost 2 years to get back to the player he once was. Not saying this will happen with Monahan but hip surgeries aren't pleasant at all.

Contract + production + health gives a slight edge to Trocheck for value in my opinion but if Monahan comes back fully healthy then he is the better player.

How good/bad has Stone been defensively for ya? Would he be available?

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I agree they're fairly equal players but Monahan just had 4 surgeries? We saw a similar issue with Bjugstad a couple years back. Back surgery, wrist surgery, concussion and took him almost 2 years to get back to the player he once was. Not saying this will happen with Monahan but hip surgeries aren't pleasant at all.

Contract + production + health gives a slight edge to Trocheck for value in my opinion but if Monahan comes back fully healthy then he is the better player.

Really fair reply and I don’t disagree. Most Flames fans won’t know how good Trochek is either, I’m a big fan and I like how he plays with an edge. I just see Monahan as a better goal scorer which I always give a slight edge to.

Stone has gotten way more flack than he deserves because because of his TOI and the fact he plays with Kulak. I love his size, he uses it well down low and he has a bomb. If he got top 4 minutes, he should easily put up 20-30+ points and he plays the right way. His value should be higher but I’m sure he could be had for like a 3rd + 5th type of deal.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
As a Flames fan, I don't want to know the price on Trocheck, I'd love him on the team, but no way are we prepared to pay for him, the past couple of years hasn't Bjugstad been not himself? Or did he improve this year? Cause last i recalled i seen some fans of the Cats and other fan bases sh1t! On him, the games I've seen of the Cats, I barely noticed him on the ice so i have no input on him from my own eyes
Flames have no combination of players and assets that would fit on the panthers generally speaking and salary wise for the Panthers of Sunshine to even think about trading trochek.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Please. Monahan scored as many goals and was on pace for just 4 fewer points despite playing injured for 2 months. This is also the first time Trocheck has broke 60 points, Monahan on the other hand has done it twice before. It is extremely debatable which of the two is better.

Florida doesn’t have a guy like Gaudreau for Trocheck to play with, though.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

3 surgeries. Wrist and 2 hernia surgeries. There was no hip surgery, that was falsely reported.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Are you saying he’s as good as Gaudreau?

Everyone has top end/high end offensive talents to play with, but Gaudreau is top 5 - maybe top 3 in his position. He factored in on, what, north of 40% of Calgary’s scoring?

The point is Trocheck isn’t playing with scrubs. Gaudreau isn’t in some other stratosphere over Huberdeau. The argument that Trocheck and Monahan are comparable players is very strong.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
K I will. So will the numbers.
The numbers I showed were very equal this year and in Monahan's favor in previous seasons..... you are a special kind of delusional if you can't admit it's debatable as to which is better.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
The numbers I showed were very equal this year and in Monahan's favor in previous seasons..... you are a special kind of delusional if you can't admit it's debatable as to which is better.

Oh, I didn't realize Monahan renegotiated his contract.

Good for him, giving back to the community

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Trocheck close to untouchable.

Bjugstad could probably be had for a late 1st/2nd and/or small plus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad