Player Discussion Trevor Zegras : Part III

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Thought I was on the Montreal board for a minute.... Have people really forgotten about Zegras at the world juniors? He lead and carried his team to a gold medal over a stacked Canada team. He cant do that here because we are rebuilding but when we start to compete he is going to be a huge factor in any success.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Thought I was on the Montreal board for a minute.... Have people really forgotten about Zegras at the world juniors? He lead and carried his team to a gold medal over a stacked Canada team. He cant do that here because we are rebuilding but when we start to compete he is going to be a huge factor in any success.

He was a big game player his entire junior career, we've just basically had 0 big games since he made the show. Absolutely no worries about him being a bad playoff player or whatever nonsense people want to spout about him.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
The Zegras thread on the Montreal board is something... Been up for less than a week and has 20 pages of them saying they don't want him and he isn't worth much.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The Zegras thread on the Montreal board is something... Been up for less than a week and has 20 pages of them saying they don't want him and he isn't worth much.
they could just say not a great fit and move on instead they say things like

Barron/Harris + 2nd is most I’d offer
I’d rather have davorak

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town

Hope you forgot a "/" there before "thread".

Of course Verbeek is gonna listen to offers if he gets them. But the premise that Zegras is being shopped is refuted.

The premise of Zegras wanting out also might as well be refuted, because in that scenario only an incompetent GM wouldn't shop around and let people know he's available for trade.

So if the Ducks aren't shopping Z, and he doesn't want out himself...what's the discussion here? How much of an overpayment it would take to get Z traded?

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
So if the Ducks aren't shopping Z, and he doesn't want out himself...what's the discussion here?
Let me tell you: it's about generating clicks for the media.

I just hope it doesn't go on for as long as the Bobby Ryan rumours went, because those ended up bringing Bobby's morale down to a point where eventually he himself wanted out just to get it over with.

Oct 18, 2011
Anyone can be traded, but there is nothing credible to suggest Anaheim is trying to trade him or don't want him around

This season from the day he held out until now has been forgettable and teams will see if they can get him cheap, but it doesn't make sense to trade him unless you'd get the exact same return you would've gotten a year ago

For better or worse I think we've got to flush this season down the drain for him and get him right next year, we are not overflowing with young offensive talent by any means

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad