Rumor: Treliving rumored to be interested in acquiring Evan Rodrigues per David Pagnotta and agent Darren Ferris or Sonny Milano per Pagnotta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

His agent, Darren Ferris, told ESPN that there are "a good seven or eight teams" he's having discussions with about Rodrigues and hopes to have something done soon.

"There are two or three teams that we feel he's a good fit with, but there are cap restraints. There are guys trying to move [money] to make room for it," said Ferris, who took over representation of Rodrigues from Peter Fish during the offseason.

One of those teams is the Penguins, who are capped out at the moment after a summer of reuniting the band (new contracts for Evgeni Malkin, Kris Letang and Bryan Rust) in addition to bringing on defenseman Jeff Petry. The Calgary Flames have shown interest in Rodrigues, and Ferris said they "may be in that conversation as well."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
ERod is pretty useful depending on the price. Needs PP time to produce though.

Reactions: BHD

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
"acquiring" isn't a term I've seen used re signing UFAs.
no biggie, just reads misleading to me

Deals fall through all the time. Pagnotta doesn't have to wear that. He said nothing was officially signed.

What term would you use?

E453983A-5BB2-4676-AED7-4B2B6B61FBC5.jpeg

Fair point that Pagnotta didn’t fully commit on the tweet I referred to.

How about this one?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Freid has linked these 2 to the Flames after the Kessel signing. eRod is apparently the main target. Id be okay with that depending on price. Surprised someone like the Avs havent snatched him up to be honest.

Reactions: avsfan09 and BHD

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
ERod is pretty useful depending on the price. Needs PP time to produce though.

There's probably some PP2 time kicking around.
Think Calgary would only look for one year on a sub 1.5M deal.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
After the season he just had thats an absolute steal. Is worth 3-4m AAV

I don't think there's a team out there that'd be willing to give him that money.
I don't think there's a lot of money out there in general, hence why you have guys signing for so cheap.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Nothing but pure speculation from DP, who’s trying to hit an easy one due to looking entirely incompetent this offseason for an “insider”. Both are two of the best remaining free agent forwards so obviously it’s safe to speculate any team still looking to add a forward would be interested in one of them.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
Rodrigues would be a really solid 3C but they already have that. I’m sure somebody could move to a wing though and he’d be a good pp2 guy who’s solid at both end.

I’m just surprised Milano was let walk for nothing. He just had a breakout year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad