GDT: Traverse City 2019 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
he has a clause but I don't think its automatic that he goes back. Shesterkin has a EAC that allows him to go back to the KHL but he can also agree to play in hartford. so i'd imagine its the same here if the rangers want tarmo in hartford and he agrees to play in hartford because he says it as the faster route to the nhl than he should be allowed to stay.

I personally think it comes down to what the bluelines in NY & Hartford look like and the amount of ice time he'd get in Hartford...he likely gets top pair minutes in finland so it makes no sense to keep him if he won't get at least top 4 minutes in hartford (which becomes a possible issue if none of hajek, rykov or lindgren are ready to start the year in the nhl)
Yes, they can come in all shapes and forms. IIRC, Bereglazov had something that said if he wasn't in the NHL by a certain date, he could trigger his clause. Something like that.

It's not that I necessarily doubt Reunanen has a clause, it's just that (to my knowledge) it was only reported in the press release from his Liiga club. That should be official enough, but it struck me as odd that no one else picked it up. The other guys, their clauses were reported. So, who knows. I assume he probably has some language, but what exactly it is I can't say. Frankly I was surprised that we signed him this year as it is.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Reunanen is top 10-15 defender in Liiga upcoming season, and Liiga and AHL are pretty much same level, so i think he would be better than more than few in one club.
When does the Liiga season end? Maybe he plays there and comes over for the end of the AHL season or even gets a cup of coffee with the Rangers if there's an opening.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
FYI last year NYR's Training Camp Press release came out on the Wednesday, with players reporting Thursday and on-ice Friday
Rangers Announce 2018 Training Camp Schedule and Roster

so we should see the Camp roster tomorrow

preseason game at MSG next Wed vs Devs
New Jersey Devils - New York Rangers - September 18th, 2019
Ok, Anthony, Brendan, time to sign your offers and get to camp. I'm sure the Rangers wanted to free up more cap but better offers don't seem to be on the cards. Let's roll!

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
I'd like to see Tarmo in Hartford. I'm sure there will opportunities with the big club as the season progresses. Better here that gone for the season back home.

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
There was so many questions about henriksson's ability to play without raymond and holtz and i think he proved that he can do his own part. I expect him in probably 2 or 3 years to be ready. He's small but plays hard and contains a very good amount of skill. Rangers scouting recently has gotten better and better. Honestly this next draft looks so exciting because the whole first round is deep. I think kakko can hit 60 points too... oh my god am i dreaming?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Reactions: Charlie Conway

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I posted the final stats for everyone in a table on the previous page. You can also look here: New York Rangers - Detroit Red Wings Training Camp - on Pointstreak Sports Technologies

As mentioned above me, the stats aren't totally accurate. Fox, as an example, has at least a few more points than what they credited him for.

Much appreciated. Between work and a thesis, I haven't had much time to keep up with the tournament other than checking on the chatter on here. Just looking for an overview, and this is perfect.

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Reunanen is top 10-15 defender in Liiga upcoming season, and Liiga and AHL are pretty much same level, so i think he would be better than more than few in one club.

I think Reunanen is a legitimately great prospect but he'll have to beat out Hajek, Rykov and Lindgren to make the Rangers and I wouldn't say that he doesn't have a chance but I'd put his odds at 10-15%. I would give better odds to Hajek and Rykov and maybe even Lindgren......but that's what training camp is for. Let the best man win.

As for Liiga and the AHL being pretty much the same level I don't agree. The AHL is more of a development league but it's also a bit better.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I'm disappointed I didn't get another sneak peek, of Kakko, Fox and Kratsov, but it was definitely the right move to sit them. Oh well, Sept 18th can't come soon enough.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
In hoping Quinn and Gorton find a way to play 2 rookie defensemen regularly this season. I’ve said this before but there is going to be a log jam forming very quickly if they don’t start sprinkling these kids into the lineup very soon. Lindgren, Rykov, Hajek, Fox, Reunenen, Keane, Miller, Lundqvist. That assumes no UFA signed surprises nor does someone like Robertson force his way into the conversation. It’s a good problem to have however if they do t get a serious look at 2-3 of these guys this year, it backs up very quickly.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
In hoping Quinn and Gorton find a way to play 2 rookie defensemen regularly this season. I’ve said this before but there is going to be a log jam forming very quickly if they don’t start sprinkling these kids into the lineup very soon. Lindgren, Rykov, Hajek, Fox, Reunenen, Keane, Miller, Lundqvist. That assumes no UFA signed surprises nor does someone like Robertson force his way into the conversation. It’s a good problem to have however if they do t get a serious look at 2-3 of these guys this year, it backs up very quickly.

Guys will get traded/exposed in expansion/etc.

The best players will end up winning out and staying except if you are Staal, in which case your spot is safe no matter how much you suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad