GDT: Traverse City 2019 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I mean all you had to do was watch five mins of their traverse games to know the two of them are elite skaters. Very odd
Pronman makes up his mind about players and that's that. Even worse still, he'll make up his mind about players he's seen once or twice or only in WJC or something like that. And then he'll stay married to his original opinion that was formed off of nowhere near enough viewings no matter how much evidence to the contrary there is.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Good post mate. I'm not fan of ranking leagues neither, i just thought it was little downplaying Reunanen to say he could be better than few AHL skaters (in one club) cuz i see Liiga and AHL being so close to other and Liiga is closest to NA style play in all europen leagues.

Last season i was so impressed about Reunanen, he skates very well, has hard and accurate shot and can make some supersmart plays.
This pass and way he controlls the pace of game before it speaks for itself.

Reunanen IMO really put himself on the map last year. He'd been dogged by injuries going back to his draft year and he'd finally got over those injuries and had a tremendous year. I think he has a shot at an NHL job this year. However I do like Rykov's and Hajek's chances best and then Reunanen and Lindgren also have some chance. Rykov's been a regular in the KHL for a couple years--he is solid defensively and has the best size. Hajek is next---he also has size but also did well in the few games he played with the Rangers last year--though he did have his struggles in Hartford. Lindgren is a very gritty and competitive guy. Of all of them I think Reunanen has the best offensive upside but the other 3 are probably a little ahead of him defensively and physically. It may help Tarmo if he can fill out a little more but we'll see what happens at camp. I don't really have a favorite of the four--I'm for giving the guy who plays the best the 3LD job.

Just doink

Mar 28, 2018
Reunanen IMO really put himself on the map last year. He'd been dogged by injuries going back to his draft year and he'd finally got over those injuries and had a tremendous year. I think he has a shot at an NHL job this year. However I do like Rykov's and Hajek's chances best and then Reunanen and Lindgren also have some chance. Rykov's been a regular in the KHL for a couple years--he is solid defensively and has the best size. Hajek is next---he also has size but also did well in the few games he played with the Rangers last year--though he did have his struggles in Hartford. Lindgren is a very gritty and competitive guy. Of all of them I think Reunanen has the best offensive upside but the other 3 are probably a little ahead of him defensively and physically. It may help Tarmo if he can fill out a little more but we'll see what happens at camp. I don't really have a favorite of the four--I'm for giving the guy who plays the best the 3LD job.

Without knowing that much about Rykov, Hajek and Lindgren, i do think next season comes too fast for Reunanen to hop in big league. He did have tremendous year, but after all, that was his first full pro season and due to that, he's game need more stability and "growth" to cut off some minor league mistakes and gain pro level steadiness. I'm convinced that one year in Liiga, in safe envrironment and good coaching, is right path for him.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Eh it’s only an issue because they’re working with 4 games.

Over an 82 game stretch, it would be more accurate or who the best teams actually are than the system that is in place right now.
Yeah, but then you don't get the disillusion of teams being close to contending and the desired effect of keeping people interested from the end of December through February. ;)

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
the league hasn't adopted it cause it would create separation in the standings and kill the illusion of parity

Has anyone ever done the math to figure out how many points are "added" to the standings by awarding the loser a point for getting through regulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad