GDT: Training Camp: Oh, Hockey’s Back

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Tinordi has had one god awful preseason but he probably feels pretty secure in that 7th d spot so hopefully he just didn't care much and will play better when needed.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Where would Seattle fit in on this? Would think they would have a very high priority as well being an expansion team.

Good question. I'd say where they were positioned pre-draft lottery.

And unlike in fantasy sports, teams don't move to the bottom of the waiver list after a successful pick up. So a team like Buffalo can claim players for the next 3 weeks without worrying about someone having a higher priority.

Reactions: egelband

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Looking for Clarity.
If Mason Geertsen does not stay in the NHL with Devil’s does he revert back to us? Or is he placed on waivers again and if so in what order do teams decide if they want him or not.
Thanking you in advance and I may have a follow up question.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Looking for Clarity.
If Mason Geertsen does not stay in the NHL with Devil’s does he revert back to us? Or is he placed on waivers again and if so in what order do teams decide if they want him or not.

If they want to send him down, he will have to pass through waivers again. The waiver order at the moment:

1. BUF
2. ANA
3. SEA
4. NJD
5. CLB
6. DET
7. SJS
8. LAK
10. VAN
11. OTT
12. ARI
13. CHI
14: CGY
15. PHI
16. MTL*
17. DAL
18. NYR

So for us to claim Geertsen, we need 16 teams to not put in a claim for him. When a player is claimed, he always needs to pass through waivers if he is sent down. If he cleared waivers, he can be sent down until 30 days have passed or 10 games have been played.

*Not 100% sure if MTL would be ranked higher or lower than us since they made the play offs

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Looking for Clarity.
If he doesn't stay in the NHL, he gets placed on waivers. Any team that claimed him would have to waive him if they want to send him down. The one exception is the Rangers, because they lost him on waivers earlier. If the Devils waive him and the Rangers claim him (and no other team puts a claim on him) they can send him down without waivers.

Waiver order is based on last year's standings up until a month or two into the season.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
If they want to send him down, he will have to pass through waivers again. The waiver order at the moment:

1. BUF
2. ANA
3. SEA
4. NJD
5. CLB
6. DET
7. SJS
8. LAK
10. VAN
11. OTT
12. ARI
13. CHI
14: CGY
15. PHI
16. MTL*
17. DAL
18. NYR

So for us to claim Geertsen, we need 16 teams to not put in a claim for him. When a player is claimed, he always needs to pass through waivers if he is sent down. If he cleared waivers, he can be sent down until 30 days have passed or 10 games have been played.

*Not 100% sure if MTL would be ranked higher or lower than us since they made the play offs

One more related detail-
i believe this is still the rule- Since Geerts had been waiver-claimed from NYR,
if waived by NJD and then
ONLY claim is by NYR
NyR can assign to Hartford without waiving him again

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Idk what's more comical, people's obsession with Geersten or Sam calling him a prospect when he's been in AHL purgatory for 5 years.

Reactions: Fitzy

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Idk what's more comical, people's obsession with Geersten or Sam calling him a prospect when he's been in AHL purgatory for 5 years.
I don’t know if he just upped the aggression because he was angry at us, but I didn’t even notice him in any of our games until the last game when he was on the opposite team :laugh: he was extremely noticeable out there and seemed furious

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Ryan Strome Media Availability video.
They pulled it immediately. If they post it up I’ll forward it. Couldn’t even tell what was in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad