GDT: Training Camp: Oh, Hockey’s Back

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Maybe Eichel trade is coming for Jones
doubt-png.28479396

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I wish we had a better veteran #7 option (Ahem, Brendan Smith) but beyond that yeah I have zero complaints about the roster building.
I was kind of unclear. I wasn’t really commenting on the quality of the roster, per se. More the structure. Grinders in grinder spots. Defensemen all lined up nicely. Good balance. Appropriately skilled spares.
You’re for sure right. Definitely room for improvement talent wise.
Though I think the roster is better than last years talent wise too.

Reactions: TJHKY

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
I was kind of unclear. I wasn’t really commenting on the quality of the roster, per se. More the structure. Grinders in grinder spots. Defensemen all lined up nicely. Good balance. Appropriately skilled spares.
You’re for sure right. Definitely room for improvement talent wise.
Though I think the roster is better than last years talent wise too.
Yes, lots of talents here. But they need time to develop.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
On the plus side, he and schneider in Hartford together could be a real blessing for each of them and for the organization. Not hard to imagine a scenario where Nils gets moved for a center and you have a ready-made pair that's had months or even a full season together, who compliment each others' strengths.

Sauer-McDonagh-esque maybe

Like the sound of this.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
14F, 7D

They will trade Hájek or waive him. There's no future on this team for him. Tinordi is the 7th D, with Gauthier and Hunt being the spare forwards until a deal can be found for Gauthier.

I'm not enamored with Tinordi or Hunt. Neither has shown me anything thus far.

I'd send Hunt down and go 13/8. Hunt was signed to a 2 way contract. That tells me that A) no team was offering a 1-way contract and B) the Rangers thought there was a decent chance he'd end up in Hartford. Since we lost Geertsen, let Hunt go down and protect the kids.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

I'd send Hunt down and go 13/8. Hunt was signed to a 2 way contract. That tells me that A) no team was offering a 1-way contract and B) the Rangers thought there was a decent chance he'd end up in Hartford. Since we lost Geertsen, let Hunt go down and protect the kids.

I'm not too fond of them either, but considering their situations, I'd be shocked if they put them on waivers to start the season. Tinordi and Hunt both being signed for 2 years probably makes them a bit more of a "lock" than Gauthier and Hájek.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
14F, 7D

They will trade Hájek or waive him. There's no future on this team for him. Tinordi is the 7th D, with Gauthier and Hunt being the spare forwards until a deal can be found for Gauthier.

Don't other teams see that Hajek is very obviously the odd man out here? Why trade an asset when he can be claimed for nothing. If there is a trade I can't imagine it being anything more than a 7th rounder

Hunt was very easily the best player on the ice that first preaseason game

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Don't other teams see that Hajek is very obviously the odd man out here? Why trade an asset when he can be claimed for nothing. If there is a trade I can't imagine it being anything more than a 7th rounder

I don't expect much but if a team is interested and not high on the waiver list it would make sense. Until Nov 1st, the waiver priority is based on last season's standings so these are the first 15 teams:

upload_2021-10-8_14-20-8.png

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Hunt was very easily the best player on the ice that first preaseason game

Hunt signed here. he is a good 4th line option. Hajek is trash

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Hunt signed here. he is a good 4th line option. Hajek is trash

Yea hunt is a solid 4th liner option. He also has some skill and can play hockey. He’s good to keep around the big club. Reaves is certainly good enough to be an everyday player, but he’s 34 years old.
Hunt is a perfect option to fill in on the 4th in case of injury, like how Reaves is now.
I thought Hunt played well during the preseason so far.
Hajek is waiver fodder. No one is giving up anything of value for him.

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad