Training Camp 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
He was a rookie in his first playoffs in a series we got dominated in. You're proving my point.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
He was a rookie in his first playoffs in a series we got dominated in. You're proving my point.

Like I said, I hope they learn to adjust but that hasn't happened yet, has it? Was Tatar effective at creating chances? I'd say that's a no. He capitalized when opportunity arose but hardly created any himself. Not by himself not the team as a whole.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Well, if our last 3 playoff round showed anything, it's that our players are easily neutralized when opposing teams discipline themselves to take the body first. Tatar and Nyquist were really stand-outs of how they were just unable to create anything in that environment. They have talent but showed lack of creativity in finding ways to get around that. Hopefully experience plays it's role though but looking at other scenarios in Hockey, physical play tend to be best neutralized by structured playmaking.
Even Crosby can be shut down in the playoffs. Put Nyquist and Tatar on Pittsburgh and I bet their playoff numbers go up by 10000%. Yeah, they're not Zetterberg and Datsyuk 2.0 but you can't judge their playoff performance when they've yet to have a chance to play on a team that's actually favored to win in a 7-game series.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Even Crosby can be shut down in the playoffs. Put Nyquist and Tatar on Pittsburgh and I bet their playoff numbers go up by 10000%. Yeah, they're not Zetterberg and Datsyuk 2.0 but you can't judge their playoff performance when they've yet to have a chance to play on a team that's actually favored to win in a 7-game series.

That's absolutely true. However, 'm not talking about just numbers. He had trouble getting into the zone. He had problems getting around to get down low. To create any sort of set up. He couldn't find openings to shoot the puck. He couldn't open to get his teammates to set him up for a shot. Nyquist was the same story. So far, it has been well displayed that both guys are pretty easily neutralized by physical play. Can they adjust, I think so. I think there are always ways to get around the problem. That said, have they so far, that's a no. That's still a problem nonetheless just as it would be if Crosby was shut down year in and year out for Pittsburgh.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
is Luke Witkowski playing right wing in Detroits? That's where THN is listing him, as opposed to defense.

Thanks in advance.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
So McIlrath, Coureau, Street, Lorito, Lashoff were all put on waivers to day nothing about Sproul yet so i wonder if he's staying in Detroit.

No reason to waive Sproul now. Even with him on the roster we have 22 players. Unless they plan on keeping both Rasmussen and Booth on the roster, or one of them and AA signs, we have no reason to risk losing him.

Edit: didn't see Rasmussen was sent back to juniors. Looks like Booth has a spot on the team.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
The Detroit Red Wings today assigned forwards Axel Holmstrom, Dylan Sadowy and Dominic Turgeon; defensemen Joe Hicketts, Dan Renouf and Vili Saarijarvi; and goaltender Tom McCollum to the American Hockey League's Grand Rapids Griffins. The team also released forwards Colin Campbell, Matthew Ford, PA Parenteau and Dominik Shine from their tryout contracts and assigned forward Michael Rasmussen to the Western Hockey League's Tri-City Americans.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Guess Holland isn’t THAT interested in making the playoffs this year, with Hicketts being sent down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna