Training Camp 2015-2016

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
What we've been told all summer in Evansville is that Driedger stays in Bingo and Greenham comes down to the ECHL. Driedger spent all season down in Eville last year I don't think there's much more he can get here.

Is there a general feeling about the Sens in Evansville? Have they done right by you guys?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
So the only cuts left now are:

Greening/Puempel/Fraser

Right?

The Senators training camp roster is now composed of 26 players: Two goaltenders, nine defencemen and 15 forwards.

Guessing 2 D and 2F. They'll keep Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Wiercioch, Wideman, Borowiecki and Cowen. Greening should be one of the Fs. I want Puempel to stick, but can't see how that's possible

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The Senators training camp roster is now composed of 26 players: Two goaltenders, nine defencemen and 15 forwards.

Guessing 2 D and 2F. They'll keep Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Wiercioch, Wideman, Borowiecki and Cowen. Greening should be one of the Fs. I want Puempel to stick, but can't see how that's possible
TBH i hope they do make room for him ,also like macormick :nod:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDFs/Oct1_Roster @ Montreal.pdf

Theres is now only these guys left at camp:

2 goaltenders: Andrew Hammond, Craig Anderson

8 Defensemen: Cody Ceci, Mark Methot, Erik Karlsson, Patrick Wiercioch, Jared Cowen, Mark Borowiecki, Chris Wideman, Mark Fraser

15 Forwards: Bobby Ryan, Kyle Turris, Mark Stone, Mike Zibanejad, Mike Hoffman, Zack Smith, J-G Pageau, Curtis Lazar, Milan Michalek, Alex Chiasson, Clarke MacArthur, Colin Greening, Chris Neil, Shane Prince, Matt Puempel

So Paul, Kostka, Chabot, McCormick have been sent down to Binghampton (minus Chabot).

No real surprises over here really. I assume Puempel and Prince will fight it out for the last roster spot and the organization just wants to see Fraser at least one time, probably for Richardsson to decide how he'll shape his pairings. I also assume that the first call ups in case of injuries will likely be either Prince or Puempel and then likely McCormick.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Having Wideman over Gryba is like a breath of fresh air. Finally, a bottom pair D who can actually move the puck.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Carleton has really improved their hockey program especially after Van Allan seemed to come on the scene. Not overly surprised at the score given the high quality of CIS hockey in Canada & who was in net for Carleton & in net for Bingo but it also must be a bit of a concern for Luke since a number of these players will be playing for him in Bingo. Although it's preseason jobs are up for grabs & players need to show they want a job.

Carleton has come out of the gates flying since they launched the program actually. Had a winning record in its first season and made the playoffs in the toughest division in the OUA. That's on Fred Parker he started it out right by recruiting very well and putting a good staff around him. He is now one of the head scouts for the Calgary flames and is responsible for Monahan, Poirier and several other good draft picks.

Now Marty Johnston who was Parkers assistant runs the team and has continued recruiting very well and brought Van Allen on board. Van Allen is a nice add but is not the reason they have had so much success.

Gibbie42

Aug 5, 2011
Evansville, IN
Is there a general feeling about the Sens in Evansville? Have they done right by you guys?

I think the relationship is working pretty well overall, much better than the previous affiliation with Columbus. There's communication back and forth, scouting info shared. We've signed guys that the Senators organization wanted to get a closer look at, especially during the amateur tryout phase at the end of the season. Bingo's made some signings for players expressly to send to us. I know that Al Sims went up to the rookie camp to scout players that were without higher level contracts. All in all management seems pleased with the affiliation.

The casual fan doesn't really know much and doesn't much care. Our more hardcore bunch is appreciative of the affiliation. Of course the fans who are just fans of specific players get whiney when "their" player gets called up :shakehead but that happens everywhere. I do admit though that one of the most exciting things that happened last season in our very dismal year (15-48-6) was when Driedger got called all the way to Ottawa from Evansville. And then when he actually played 22 minutes in one game? It was the best thing all year. :laugh: So yea, we're pretty happy down here.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think the relationship is working pretty well overall, much better than the previous affiliation with Columbus. There's communication back and forth, scouting info shared. We've signed guys that the Senators organization wanted to get a closer look at, especially during the amateur tryout phase at the end of the season. Bingo's made some signings for players expressly to send to us. I know that Al Sims went up to the rookie camp to scout players that were without higher level contracts. All in all management seems pleased with the affiliation.

The casual fan doesn't really know much and doesn't much care. Our more hardcore bunch is appreciative of the affiliation. Of course the fans who are just fans of specific players get whiney when "their" player gets called up :shakehead but that happens everywhere. I do admit though that one of the most exciting things that happened last season in our very dismal year (15-48-6) was when Driedger got called all the way to Ottawa from Evansville. And then when he actually played 22 minutes in one game? It was the best thing all year. :laugh: So yea, we're pretty happy down here.

That's really great to hear that there is up and down communication, and signings to be made for all teams in the broader organization. Thanks for the update, I really appreciate it!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Sucks that Hammond got injured. I would rather have O'Connor start playing some games in Bingo instead of just having to sit on the bench for two weeks. That is unless he gets a game or two in the NHL, which is unlikely

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sucks that Hammond got injured. I would rather have O'Connor start playing some games in Bingo instead of just having to sit on the bench for two weeks. That is unless he gets a game or two in the NHL, which is unlikely

Don't think it is unlikely. We play back to back twice within 7 days. Unless boys play excellent defensively and give him lots of rest in between, da man might be very fatigued and need O'Connor for a game.

spader

Oct 13, 2013
Saskatchewan
Don't think it is unlikely. We play back to back twice within 7 days. Unless boys play excellent defensively and give him lots of rest in between, da man might be very fatigued and need O'Connor for a game.

It'll be nice to see what the Sens have with O'Connor. I'm hopeful we get to see him play a game or two.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Hammond got injured?

I like our goaltenders now. great job with that. I'm guessing with the lehner gone, our goaltending crew will be more comfortable (working together and pushing each other). Should help everyone.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

A goalie can learn a lot practicing with an NHL team.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
In limited bursts, sure.

Goalies need to play games to improve, though.

Well, this will most likely be a 2 week burst. This could be good MOC. Working with Wamsley, and getting shot at by NHL players. Then he goes back in.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
O'Conner getting a few games on a bench vs facing AHL pucks isn't going to make a whole lot of difference.

The coaching will be good in both. As long as it isn't 40+ games riding pine, I'm sure it will be fine. I'd definitely like him to see about 40-50 starts between AHL and NHL this year though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad