Training Camp 2015-2016

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yea that's quite interesting though I think he'd be able to fill a bottom 6 role better than Dzingle IMO. McCormick has already the ability to play an effective energy line role while being above average defensively. I really like Dzingle and like that he was more agressive in camp than in previous years but I feel like McCormick is a better fit.

A little surprised that Chabot wasn't cut yet, that's really telling of what the coaching staff thinks about him. He's been extremely calm and composed so far so that has impressed me a lot. Happy for him, and honestly didn't think he'd have such a good camp.

Not as much of a surprise but Paul also wasn't cut.

In the end they'll likely all be cut and Puempel also for Prince.

Interesting that Kostka and Claesson are also staying for now.

I am glad McCormick is still around. IMO he is better than Chiasson on that 4th Line.
Prince Smith McCormick, or Prince McCormick Neil.
I know Chiasson has had a reasonably good training camp but I would rather see agility , quick thinking , and aggressive play. I am hoping Paul can notch it up a bit to push Smith out sooner than later.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Eh, don't read too much into the Carleton game. I mean we still have most high skilled players.

Chris Carlisle, Vincent Dunn, Chris Driedger, Ryan Dzingel, Travis Ewanyk, Scott Greenham, Alex Guptill, Ben Harpur, Danny Hobbs, Guillaume Lepine, Daultan Leveillé, Tobias Lindberg, Ryan Penny, Chris Rumble, Troy Rutkowski, Nick Tuzzolino, Alex Wideman and Matthew Zay were the guys who were playing. Maybe David Dziurzynski, Patrick Mullen and Cole Schneider but I'm not 100% sure about them.

I think pretty much everyone on the Ravens is a former CHL player who was at least average in their league. Also those guys didn't just have to go through the physical aspects of an NHL training camp and the emotional aspect of getting cut.

Total nothing game for Bingo, but at the same time, it is a huge win for the Ravens.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
me thinks we should sign some of these carleton guys

I am sure many of them were motivated a ton because they want to show well and get signed here. Or at least watched and looked at... Get an AHL contract after the season.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That's a little embarrassing but at the same time, it's the definition of trap game.

Dont see a giant difference, first of all thats not Binghamtons team its a split between a bunch of guys that will play in the ECHL/AHL that havent played together before. All the best players are still up with the sens.

Second of all Carleton was playing at home and has been playing together for a while. Third of all Carleton has 3 or 4 NHL draft picks and the entire team played either Major Junior prior to joining the team or transferred from a D 1 program.

The average age of the two teams probably wasnt much different if at all.

Carleton is one of the best teams in Canada and might have had the better goaltender playing last night. Killeen was drafted to the NHL much like Driedger and had similar numbers in Jr is older and more experienced.

I am sure many of them were motivated a ton because they want to show well and get signed here. Or at least watched and looked at... Get an AHL contract after the season.

Another good point glad you understand the level of play in CIS especially one of the best programs.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Carleton has really improved their hockey program especially after Van Allan seemed to come on the scene. Not overly surprised at the score given the high quality of CIS hockey in Canada & who was in net for Carleton & in net for Bingo but it also must be a bit of a concern for Luke since a number of these players will be playing for him in Bingo. Although it's preseason jobs are up for grabs & players need to show they want a job.

Dreidger started last yr in the ECHL as I predicted he would after a pretty poor development camp & rookie tournament. While he had a good end to his yr last yr in Bingo he hasn't really built on that in this yr's development camp or rookie tournament from my perspective which has been all about O'Connor in net. I'm not at all confident about his play again this season which hopefully he proves me wrong because I initially had high hopes for this guy. IMO Greenham is a better goalie, at least at this time.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Not impressed with the Bingo boys after this. Could not score a goal in three periods of hockey! Not a good omen for the future. :)

BigBush*

Carleton has really improved their hockey program especially after Van Allan seemed to come on the scene. Not overly surprised at the score given the high quality of CIS hockey in Canada & who was in net for Carleton & in net for Bingo but it also must be a bit of a concern for Luke since a number of these players will be playing for him in Bingo. Although it's preseason jobs are up for grabs & players need to show they want a job.

Dreidger started last yr in the ECHL as I predicted he would after a pretty poor development camp & rookie tournament. While he had a good end to his yr last yr in Bingo he hasn't really built on that in this yr's development camp or rookie tournament from my perspective which has been all about O'Connor in net. I'm not at all confident about his play again this season which hopefully he proves me wrong because I initially had high hopes for this guy. IMO Greenham is a better goalie, at least at this time.
Greenham over Driedger?? Are you sure? Are you sure its not just because they want Driedger playing every night which he wouldn't do in Bingo?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Greenham over Driedger?? Are you sure? Are you sure its not just because they want Driedger playing every night which he wouldn't do in Bingo?

That's also a possibility given that O'Connor seems to be given the #1 job in Bingo & we have been hearing that Dreidger will be the #2 down there. My opinion of Dreidger is based on what I see from him at the development camps & at the rookie tournaments & the exhibition games. Greenham isn't a terrible goalie, I don't think he is an NHL goalie but a decent AHL goalie. I hope though that Dreidger can prove me wrong, Bingo will need good goaltending this yr. I really thought he was a lot better after he was drafted but he has yet to prove it since turning pro.

BigBush*

That's also a possibility given that O'Connor seems to be given the #1 job in Bingo & we have been hearing that Dreidger will be the #2 down there. My opinion of Dreidger is based on what I see from him at the development camps & at the rookie tournaments & the exhibition games. Greenham isn't a terrible goalie, I don't think he is an NHL goalie but a decent AHL goalie. I hope though that Dreidger can prove me wrong, Bingo will need good goaltending this yr. I really thought he was a lot better after he was drafted but he has yet to prove it since turning pro.

I always thought management was high on Dreidger and that he's played well since he was drafted, including his solid year in the CHL in Calgary.

Edit: Aargon, Dreigder is a young 3rd round pick who the organization is invested in. He is going to play in the ECHL so that he's the starter. I don't know much about Greenham but he is 7 years older then Dreidger and seems to be a career AHLer. Even O'Conner is 3 years older then Dreidger and a lot further along in his development.

I cant comment on his play in training camps but I do remember a decent amount of hype for him here in Calgary when he played for the Hitmen in 2013

Last edited by a moderator:

Gibbie42

Aug 5, 2011
Evansville, IN
What we've been told all summer in Evansville is that Driedger stays in Bingo and Greenham comes down to the ECHL. Driedger spent all season down in Eville last year I don't think there's much more he can get here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad