Proposal: Trading Hamonic for either Eberle or Duchene? Which do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I know travis rescinded his trade request, but maybe he quietly asked to be traded again? I wonder how much this has to do with it. I'm so torn on whether or not I want to deal Hamonic or de Haan.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I know travis rescinded his trade request, but maybe he quietly asked to be traded again? I wonder how much this has to do with it. I'm so torn on whether or not I want to deal Hamonic or de Haan.

Hamonic easily.

Mayfield and Pelech played well with Leddy in their stints last season, and Pulock is coming up.

That's a lot of options on the right, and it's not like Mayfield and Pelech don't both bring size and snarl.

If you move de Haan, your best LHD behind Leddy is Hickey/Pelech/Seidenberg without any UFA additions (which likely would not happen). :help:

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

This has been bugging me too, why is he being linked only to teams like Calgary and Colorado?

I've yet to hear anyone say Tampa is in on Hamonic. Maybe it's more of a casual thing, seeing his name as a trade chip and telling Garth he wouldn't mind playing closer to home.

Ugh, I wish Colorado wanted Hamonic.

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
This has been bugging me too, why is he being linked only to teams like Calgary and Colorado?

I've yet to hear anyone say Tampa is in on Hamonic. Maybe it's more of a casual thing, seeing his name as a trade chip and telling Garth he wouldn't mind playing closer to home.

Ugh, I wish Colorado wanted Hamonic.

I heard Montreal as well and I doubt Hamonic considers that close to home. Unless my geography is a little rusty. Didn't someone here say recently he speaks french?

That being said, I am also one to believe his trade request was never really rescinded and Garth has being shopping him quietly for the last couple of seasons.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
If this were the Isles we would have a total meltdown if he was not traded tonight.

I just can't see Sakic letting this drag any further. IMO there is no way he starts the year on the AVS, that would be a disaster.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
How about an ass-out hug? :laugh:

We need to unite to fight the common enemy.... Oilers fans. I feel a Ronnie Reagan at the UN speech coming on...

best-friends-step-brothers-Favim.com-232601.gif

:laugh:

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
What about move Hamonic to TOR for their 1st and Kapanen then turn around and flip CDH, Nelson, Kapanen and the 17OA for Duchene...Isles obviously lose both Hammer/CDH in the deals and its over-payment for Duchene but they acquire the 2C they need and sign one of Smith/Alzner/Daley/Hunwich for the left side

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
What about move Hamonic to TOR for their 1st and Kapanen then turn around and flip CDH, Nelson, Kapanen and the 17OA for Duchene...Isles obviously lose both Hammer/CDH in the deals and its over-payment for Duchene but they acquire the 2C they need and sign one of Smith/Alzner/Daley/Hunwich for the left side

Need to get an HFBoards warrant to make suggestions like that...

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Need to get an HFBoards warrant to make suggestions like that...

You don't see a potential downside to moving two of your top 4 D for any player? Maybe over the course of two to three seasons you could see the return somehow, but if we filled those spots in with players from outside there is always some form of an acclimation period. I'd anticipate next season would suffer.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
It would be fine to move Hamonic for two good assets and then include Nelson or flip him for a tradeable asset to acquire Duchene. But the risk of moving two top-four defenders is too much in my opinion. You get the three best assets you can that meet Colorado's price then the rest is up to them. If someone is going to overpay, they got us. And if Sakic is insane and won't budge, we just wait until he is fired then try again.

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
I think Snow has to move Hamonic now. This is the second time he's shopped him and I think it would be awkward internally if he isn't moved.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Based on the Duchene asking price I hope Snow stays far far away. Is Duchene that much better than Stephan who went for the 7th overall? The asking price for Duchene is insane

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Based on the Duchene asking price I hope Snow stays far far away. Is Duchene that much better than Stephan who went for the 7th overall? The asking price for Duchene is insane

Stepan is a really bad analogy...yes he really is that much better. stepan is not good, cant score or win faceoffs. However, I agree, the asking price isnt worth it, time to focus the energy on another player. Duchene is a waste of time. Thats why I cant applaud garth for trading our first to dump grabbo when we easily could have just LTIRed him and had them take someone else for a salary dump. We have to give up prospects here. I dnt understand why we are holding onto michael dal colle, hes got brock nelson written all over him.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
GOOD GAWD!

Hamonic + 2018 1st + Prospect Offered For Duchene???????

Joe said no to this? This is not a bad return by any stretch.

Duchene is NOT a franchise player for Pete's sake! Hell, why would CO be dumping him if he was?

Screw Sakic. Tell him to go eat dirt.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
No harm in hearing what offers are out there, but they shouldn't deal him for picks alone unless they are 2018 and 2019 picks.
With the Isles being pressed against the cap still if they decide to take players on then they must be cost controlled for a while. Lots of money coming off the books in a year, but they shouldn't feel compelled to trade him for the sake of it.

islesjuncky

Jun 15, 2014
new york
Staple just tweeted lamirello and snow are having extensive conversations. And toronto is making a push. Pardon my spelling if his name

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Well, Toronto has an abundance of prospects and picks.

There would be some legitimacy to these two teams hooking up.

I still a huge Hamonic fan even though he's fallen out of favour on this board. I hope they keep him.

I also like Pulock and what he brings, he'll need to play this year. Boychuk is the guy I'd move but that's not happening (cap, no-move) so Hamonic looks like the logical choice. Someone's getting a pretty solid dman. I kinda hope it's the Leafs.

If Lamoriello wants him, he knows Hamonic well from his NJ time, the Leafs have the assets and ELC-type players, and CASH/CAP, the Isles need in a partner.

Hamonic and Kulemin (they have the cap room for Kulemin) and I'd love to see Kapanen and a 1st rounder, something like that. I think Josh Leivo is an underrated, quietly-good prospect (who the Leafs also protected but don't have room for), I like Connor Brown.

Funtimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad