Proposal: Trading Hamonic for either Eberle or Duchene? Which do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
Duchene, unless Panarin is available. On the Trade Rumours board, there seems to be a consensus that a deal can be worked out around Hamonic+ for the Bread Man. He's far and away the best forward available.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'd be okay with trading Hamonic for Duchene or Panarin, but absolutely not for Eberle.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Duchene 100%, but I'd honestly be ok with Eberle as long as there is significant salary retention or another piece (like Ethan Bear or something)

gramatanboy

Aug 2, 2005
Westport
I'd be okay with trading Hamonic for Duchene or Panarin, but absolutely not for Eberle.

I would have no problem trading Hamonic + for either Duchene or Panarin (my first choice) but what would the + be? BD Gallof thinks that Barzal would have to be included for any elite player, I disagree and think that Hamonic and any two of Nelson, Strome, Dal Colle, Soderstrom, 2017 1st round pick should be able to at least get Duchene and maybe even Panarin. I wouldn't trade Barzal in any trade for Duchene.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I actually have no problem trading for Eberle if the price if right,but that price is not Hamaonic

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Everyone should want Duchene out of the two, as it's closer value.

Eberle is someone I'd take, but I wouldn't part with high end assets to do so. Hamonic's value took a bit of a ding, but his salary is so freaking good he could definitely be a part of a deal bringing someone in who is better than Eberle.

If there's a Hamonic for Eberle deal, the Oilers are adding. Not sure how that works because it'd also mean the Isles would have to shed even more salary.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
I actually have no problem trading for Eberle if the price if right,but that price is not Hamaonic

Exactly. I think eberle could actually be a solid player to add, either as a first or second liner. But he'd have to come at a resonable price and there's no way he should be our big addition.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
Straight up it's a dumb question. Adding Eberle at the right price isn't a bad thing.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
This

I'm not as "happy" about giving up Hamonic as others but I realize you have to give to get

Same. I don't like the idea of giving up Hamonic as he's been such an important part of this team for a few years. But we need to improve, and if giving up Hammer for a player like Duchene, then we have to do it.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Same. I don't like the idea of giving up Hamonic as he's been such an important part of this team for a few years. But we need to improve, and if giving up Hammer for a player like Duchene, then we have to do it.

I just feel after Boychuck(who's aging) Hammmer is our only real shutdown physical Defensman

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I just feel after Boychuck(who's aging) Hammmer is our only real shutdown physical Defensman

I question how much longer we will have the Hamonic we all know and love though. He plays a physical style of hockey that NEVER holds up for a full season, so why would we think he is going to hold up to a full career?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

It's Hamonic, de Haan, or Pulock. Those are the trade pieces on defense. Each one would hurt. Tough spot, so hopefully the return on whichever is dealt is pretty good.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hmmm, who did I choose? :laugh:

Just Say No To Eberle! If they take both Grabovski and Kulemin in return with a pick... maybe I could come around. That's a big maybe too.

Duchene is the clear choice, Eberle shouldn't be a consideration.

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
Personally wouldn't trade hammer right now. Anyone you talk to will be low-balling. Why sell low?

If you want ro trade him, wait until he bounces back and the value goes up.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The real question should be Duchene or Panarin?

I'm honestly not sure if Panarin is really available. Moving him for a defenseman before the expansion draft ****s up Chicago's 7-3-1 format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad