Value of: Trading Draisaitl

capttim

Nov 11, 2014
WOW.... there is no way Drai is getting traded as he is way too valuable to the team for these reasons;

- His contract is very good
- His leadership is key to the team
- He can shoot the puck (only Oiler who can shoot a one timer)
- His chemistry with Conner
- He has not reached his potential
- His hockey IQ
- His passing is amazing
- His attitude is great

No trade out there is worth upsetting a fragile team like the Oilers.

Trading Drai is a short term fix at best.... No way Holland is going in that direction.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Off the top of my head these guys are better than Draisaitl:

McDavid
Crosby
Malkin
Ovechkin
Kucherov
Pettersson
Kane
Stamkos
Mackinnon
Eichel
Point
Bergeron
Pastrnak
Marchand
Stone
Barkov
Aho
Rantanen
Schiefele

and some more that I've forgotten. So let's pump the brakes on this Draisaitl > McDavid and the rest of the NHL nonsense please.

Your opinion which they hockey world /experts don't agree with

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Nope, his list is pretty accurate. Drai playing on another team or away from the way with the best player in the world, this wouldn't even be a conversation.

It isn't. Maybe ask some people in the hockey world about this. It isn't Edmonton fans being delusional or homers. Draisaitl is really that good.

Reactions: McSuper and snipes

freester

Mar 22, 2014
Atlanta, Ga
Draisaitl is a great player and not getting traded. Lets be realistic. How about RNH for Risto and Scandella or a 2nd round pick. Sabres could add Evan Rodriguez as a 3rd liner as well. Risto has been playing great under Ralph Krueger. I'm not sure Botteril will even trade him. His analytics are much improved in a competent defensive system.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Draisaitl is a great player and not getting traded. Lets be realistic. How about RNH for Risto and Scandella or a 2nd round pick. Sabres could add Evan Rodriguez as a 3rd liner as well. Risto has been playing great under Ralph Krueger. I'm not sure Botteril will even trade him. His analytics are much improved in a competent defensive system.

Scandella is nothing but a cap dump to us, we already have Russell in the “overpaid LHD with no offense” role.

losing RNH punches a massive hole in our lineup, much bigger than the one Risto would fill. We need forwards a lot more than defence. Would be interested in Rodrigues alone, don’t want Risto or Scandella.

freester

Mar 22, 2014
Atlanta, Ga
Scandella is nothing but a cap dump to us, we already have Russell in the “overpaid LHD with no offense” role.

losing RNH punches a massive hole in our lineup, much bigger than the one Risto would fill. We need forwards a lot more than defence. Would be interested in Rodrigues alone, don’t want Risto or Scandella.
If you don't want Scandella would Lawrence Pilut be of interest to you. He is a young highly skilled puck mover on entry level contract. We really don't have other forwards to move unless you want Sobotka.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If you don't want Scandella would Lawrence Pilut be of interest to you. He is a young highly skilled puck mover on entry level contract. We really don't have other forwards to move unless you want Sobotka.

no, we really have no need for left handed defencemen at all.

klef/Lars/Russell/Manning with the big club, Lagesson/Jones/Samorukov in the AHL, Broberg overseas. The last thing we need to be doing is trading forwards for defence.

I’d give you Russell/Manning for Sobotka, that’s about it.

freester

Mar 22, 2014
Atlanta, Ga
no, we really have no need for left handed defencemen at all.

klef/Lars/Russell/Manning with the big club, Lagesson/Jones/Samorukov in the AHL, Broberg overseas. The last thing we need to be doing is trading forwards for defence.

I’d give you Russell/Manning for Sobotka, that’s about it.
What about Right handed defensemen? We could offer you Montour for RNH

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What about Right handed defensemen? We could offer you Montour for RNH

that need is nowhere near what it once was with Bear’s emergence. When healthy, Larsson/Bear/Benning/Persson is a solid right side.

We need RNH a lot more than we need Risto or Montour.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Edmonton would want absolutely no part of that package. Drouin out, Gallagher in - with an extension - and include a guy like Suzuki and maybe you get the time of day.

No it doesn't.

You've been out here too long. They have infected you.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Nope, his list is pretty accurate. Drai playing on another team or away from the way with the best player in the world, this wouldn't even be a conversation.

Would Draisaitl also be playing with terrible wingers if he was on another club? I think if you inserted Draisaitl into most club's top lines, with that club's current top line wingers, he'd still be putting up elite numbers.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Drai playing on another team might have *two* really good linemates, like MacKinnon/Kucherov/Pastrnak get. For all you know his numbers could increase even more.

I actually think Draisaitl is the straw that stirs McDavid and not the other way around

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Would Draisaitl also be playing with terrible wingers if he was on another club? I think if you inserted Draisaitl into most club's top lines, with that club's current top line wingers, he'd still be putting up elite numbers.
This is the reality always ignored by Draisaitl's critics. No other top line player in the league plays with 4th liners like Draisaitl does away from McDavid, and they wonder why his numbers drop off so heavily.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I actually think Draisaitl is the straw that stirs McDavid and not the other way around
I wouldn't go that far. They're mutually beneficial of one another, but McDavid is still the best player in the world and can create something out of nothing several times a game all by himself when he's playing his best. Obviously Connor hasn't been at his best for much of the start of this season which shows that Draisaitl can pick up the slack, but usually they both stir the drink.

Reactions: TFHockey

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
oh, I didn’t say I’d do it.

Gallagher/Domi/Suzuki gets Montreal a courtesy listen, nothing more.

Good, because you can keep.Drai for that price. 0 way he is worth all three of those guys even on his best day.

THAT, is exactly the Oilers problem. Your whole team is focused on 2 elite guys and 1-2 half decent guys, rest are jokes.

You need more quality guys. You need to draft some young talent or trade away your draft picks for some, so you cant botch it with your crappy drafting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad