Speculation: Trades: The Calm before the storm?

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I actually don't expect much movement on draft day. I think there are a lot of dominos in play and I think everything starts moving on Thursday night this week. Officially teams can't talk to players but everyone and their mother knows that most teams have a good idea of who they can and can't get on UFA day's eve. That where I think those GMs who feel they won't be able to put their hands on the player they want will circle back to the teams that want to shed salary and we might get to see some fireworks.

Although, I still expect the whole goalies carousel to get moving earlier than that.

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
I will bet on minimal activity. I honestly think the uncertainty around next season, start dates, COVID surge and flat cap will contribute to low trade volume.
That’s interesting you say that. I think it’s the opposite, for the very reasons you mentioned.

I think, given the climate, there will be some surprises as to RFAs not qualified. That will get other teams making moves to acquire these players. Could have a pretty serious domino effect.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I still think there is going to be a crap ton of movement but have to wait for a move or two for GM’s to get a feel of the market .
Everyone is wanting to make moves , just teams are waiting it out until the value makes sense.
This year “could” be a year where some big names get moved and I really hope so , I like where there’s big name players shuffling around like in other sports . “Possible “ players like Gaudreau AP Laine T Rask OEL MAF Domi Murray Lighting players , Etc. Etc,
Only thing is , I think teams are only looking to shuffle thug s around and not add any $$$ .
More so , for example , moving a LHD to acquire a RHD . Teams in cap trouble are starting off offering underwhelming assets attached to dumps as they know it could very well end up costing a lot to move pieces . Start low and hopefully end up with a deal that is least painful as possible . Teams right now are knowing that players need to be moved and teams are stuck so they are waiting it out to get a return that makes sense for them to take on an ugly contract or two in order to file other needs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad