Trades, Rumours, Expansion and Free Agency? Interview Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
That must include PK time, which of course drops it. Just like Gardiner's raises because he has a ton of PP time compared to 0 PK time. 15% of Marincin's ice time is PK, which is similar to Polak's time on the PK. Rielly's was closer to 10% of his total time on the PK, since he also had a little bit of PP time as wlel.

47.5, 49.1, 53.3, 51.0 (the latter two years on the Leafs, the first two on a tire fire Edmonton team). The 53.3 came with 52.7 OZS%, while the 51.0 came with 45.5 OZS%.

You've got to be fair to Marincin. His analytics are actually pretty good considering the amount of guff he takes.

True, some of his advanced stats do look better than others. His Fenwick even strength was slightly below 50%, Corsi slightly above.

But Connor Carrick has had better CORSI and Fenwick the past 2 years. More defensive zone starts than Martin last year but less this year. And no one is penciling Connor in as a definite part of our future despite the fact that he has several edges on Marty - younger, grittier, with more offensive potential.

Anyway, there's a myriad advanced stats to cherry pick to make a guy look good/bad. I think we've seen enough of Marty to know that we should aim for better.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Leafs will be a deep cup run type team in the 2018-19 season. All their bonus overage, cap dumps(except Horton), and buy-outs will be off the books after this season.

The do have to figure out 3 things this year:
1 JVR/LW situation. Jamie Benn?
2 Back-up situation. Nilsson?
3 How to win 1 or 2 rounds in the playoffs.

______ Matthews Marner
JVR Nylander Kapanen
Komarov Kadri Brown
Martin Gauthier Hyman
Leivo Rychel Soshnikov

Gardiner Zaitsev
Rielly Liljegren
Dermott Carrick
Borgman Marchenko
Rosen Rasanen

Andersen
_______

**Marincin Bozak are tradeable assets. We are coming in hot and fast very soon.

Donato

#BarSouth
Nov 19, 2011
Id be open to exploring what Franson would want over Kulikov. Frontons shot suppression is crazy high and he loves finishing his checks in the corners.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
So is it the 1st of july we are able to sign some D guy for us? Not right now am I right?

Only at noon 1st july all those players like shattenkirk, williams, miller and radulov are available to all of the teams no? Not right now?

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Maybe we sign a stop gap RD for 1 year and give Liljegen 10 games.

Shattenkirk 1 year 10M

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
So is it the 1st of july we are able to sign some D guy for us? Not right now am I right?

Only at noon 1st july all those players like shattenkirk, williams, miller and radulov are available to all of the teams no? Not right now?

You can talk to guys and make "handshake" deals right now (although technically that's not supposed to happen either, but I think the NHL just lets it happen), but you can't sign anyone officially unless you own their rights right now until July 1st.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
You can talk to guys and make "handshake" deals right now (although technically that's not supposed to happen either, but I think the NHL just lets it happen), but you can't sign anyone officially unless you own their rights right now until July 1st.
Thank you and yes, I understands the human side of the thing. With a handshake it's done. But we don't talk to the popo.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
The trade was absolutely worth it.

It was crucial in setting the playoffs as the minimum standard every single season.

Good chance we don't make the playoffs or take Washington to 6 games if Boyle doesn't come along.
won't know this till we see what the pick Tampa got turns out to be.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
No thanks to Marincin.

As for finding a defender i think it's likely we circle back to Florida on Demers. He'd be a solid addition and stopgap until Liljegren is ready to go in a year or 2. At that point Demers would be able to get traded or play on the bottom pairing.

Maybe we'll be in on Michael Stone now that it looks like Calgary won't be resigning him. I wouldn't mind him on a short term deal. I'd even overpay to keep the years under 3(preferably 2). I wouldn't be surprised to see a stupid team(hopefully not us) give him long term big money.

I don't know what to think of Alzner. He could be a disaster or he could be exactly what we need. Besides being LH he's been a quality top 4 option throughout his career. Ironman as well up until these playoffs. I think a team(again hopefully not us) blows their load on this guy. If it is us Rielly would move to the right side. If healthy i think he'd be a capable defender(overpaid likely). Risky move paying Alzner but it seems as though a lot of people are down on him.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
He probably wants a career contract. So term, even if it means he only makes 7 mill a year.

He'll probably get 7x7.

Pretty, pretty, pretty good. For a player who ain't that good nore great. He doesn't fit our great system at all. We are better than arrogant him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Pretty, pretty, pretty good. For a player who ain't that good nore great. He doesn't fit our great system at all. We are better than arrogant him.

really.gif

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So how much are people willing to pay for Demers?

Soshnikov + 2nd is my starting offer.

Not sure how that would stack up. I mean he did just sign as a UFA a year ago, which unless someone offered more and he turned it down likely means nobody saw him worth any more than he's getting. As well as the fact that IIRC he didn't have a great looking year, besides for the fact his advanced stats still look great but Florida is taking a turn away from those after a weird year in management.

I'd be willing to improve on that offer, but have a limit and it depends specifically on what guys/picks Florida would want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad