Trades/Proposals/Free Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

91Kadri91*

Not really. He's at 47% CF this season on the worst possession team in the league. Relatively speaking he's quite strong. Roy's system doesn't promote strong possession stats, sort of like Carlyle's. Guarantee if he went to a team (like the Leafs) who insist on strong possession, he'd have very strong stats.

Dreadful's a strong word (too strong in this case), but a relative SA Corsi of 1.43 over the past four years isn't great. It's certainly not terrible, but he's got a negative SA Corsi in two of the last four seasons. You may be right though, he could ultimately benefit from playing on a possession focused team; he certainly has elite tools.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Not a fan of Subban as a goalie prospect. Far from a lock to be a starter one day, he's currently worse than Sparks and older than Bibeau. If we get a good deal for him, he'd be nice to have, but definitely not worth trading our prospects or picks for.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Not a fan of Subban as a goalie prospect. Far from a lock to be a starter one day, he's currently worse than Sparks and older than Bibeau. If we get a good deal for him, he'd be nice to have, but definitely not worth trading our prospects or picks for.

No reason to trade for him, I agree with you.

Is he that good that you need to unload a boatload of prospects for him? No.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
whats this ryjo talk??? lou needs to make the jackets an offer they cant refuse. 2017 first rounder, nazeem nifty mittens kadri, stu percy/loov

after signing stamko and drafting chychrun we should be operational

jvr stamkos marner
nylander ryjo lupul
komorov bozak brown
winnik goat carrick

rielly hunwick
gardiner phaneuf
chychrun loov

bernier
bibeau

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
we shouldn't be trading for anything except prospects and futures. or we will be right where we were after the kessel and phaneuf trade all over again
'
maybe next year but defiantly not this one

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Montour is now at 14P in 11 game in Anaheim's farm. Starting to look better as part of a JVR trade, although I still don't think he can be the main piece in case this is just a hot streak.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
we shouldn't be trading for anything except prospects and futures. or we will be right where we were after the kessel and phaneuf trade all over again
'
maybe next year but defiantly not this one
Yup, Leafs need to get rid of Dion/Lups/Bozak/Polak/Robi/and both their goalies before they turn the corner towards success.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Like most other people, not a big fan of Subban. Even in his draft year I just didn't see the hype. I thought he was a late 2nd round/3rd rounder at best.

I wouldn't mind him in a good trade but I wouldn't go out of my way to get him either.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
whats this ryjo talk??? lou needs to make the jackets an offer they cant refuse. 2017 first rounder, nazeem nifty mittens kadri, stu percy/loov

jvr stamkos marner
nylander ryjo lupul
komorov bozak brown
winnik goat carrick

rielly hunwick
gardiner phaneuf
chychrun loov

bernier
bibeau

All we have to do is trade for Johansen, sign Stamkos & draft Chychrun. Sounds simple.

Lethalsniper007

Aug 2, 2005

jvr stamkos marner
nylander ryjo lupul
komorov bozak brown
winnik goat carrick

rielly hunwick
gardiner phaneuf
chychrun loov

bernier
bibeau

Lol , reimer is the better G

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Yup, Leafs need to get rid of Dion/Lups/Bozak/Polak/Robi/and both their goalies before they turn the corner towards success.

Well Robidas is on permanent injury reserve for the rest of his contract so that's one down already.

Polak and Bozak could be traded by American Thanksgiving. If not, they are gone by the TDL most likely.

Reimer will most likely be gone by the TDL as well. Bernier may be kept around though since he is a good goalie and Bibeau may need some more time.

Lupul and Phaneuf, if they continue their seasons, will probably have buyers by the TDL or offseason.

Problem solved. We've got a lot more than just them to worry about though. Mainly, Kadri needs to score more than once every 70 shots.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
I think a potential target for gaining assets would be the Cappitals. Looking at their team, the only weaknesses they have is their 3C and their bottom pairing. I think we could try to flip them Polak + one of Matthias/Spaling/Bozak for a 2nd + a good prospect. There are a few problems with the C's though. They may not want to take on Bozak's salary, Matthias hasn't played centre for a while and is Spaling really an upgrade over their current 3C, Beagle?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I think a potential target for gaining assets would be the Cappitals. Looking at their team, the only weaknesses they have is their 3C and their bottom pairing. I think we could try to flip them Polak + one of Matthias/Spaling/Bozak for a 2nd + a good prospect. There are a few problems with the C's though. They may not want to take on Bozak's salary, Matthias hasn't played centre for a while and is Spaling really an upgrade over their current 3C, Beagle?

Bozak could be a good fit, but it'll likely involve taking Laich back.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
Bozak could be a good fit, but it'll likely involve taking Laich back.

Do you think Washington would want to move a guy like Laich (lol) though? I think management realizes that this year is probably their best chance at a cup and moving Laich may mess with team chemistry as he is seen as a big part of the locker room and has been with that for a very long time. If they are willing to move him though I think it would be reasonable for the Leafs to target their 1st round pick

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Do you think Washington would want to move a guy like Laich (lol) though? I think management realizes that this year is probably their best chance at a cup and moving Laich may mess with team chemistry as he is seen as a big part of the locker room and has been with that for a very long time. If they are willing to move him though I think it would be reasonable for the Leafs to target their 1st round pick

He is grossly overpaid and underutilized. They don't want him, and he has negative value. He was even stripped of his assistant captaincy two years ago.

I think Bozak + a kicker for Laich + a 1st could be a good deal. I don't know where Laich will fit in, but he can be the 13th forward or something I'm sure and then we could try to salvage any value in him next year when he is a UFA.

I think I'm just going to wait and see. In a couple of weeks, this team could make a couple of deals so let's just see what happens.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He is grossly overpaid and underutilized. They don't want him, and he has negative value. He was even stripped of his assistant captaincy two years ago.

I think Bozak + a kicker for Laich + a 1st could be a good deal. I don't know where Laich will fit in, but he can be the 13th forward or something I'm sure and then we could try to salvage any value in him next year when he is a UFA.

I think I'm just going to wait and see. In a couple of weeks, this team could make a couple of deals so let's just see what happens.

I would not be surprised to see a transaction within the next week, even if it means putting someone on waivers.

Some of the players don't even have 20 games together so perhaps we'll see some lines solidified (chemistry) and those on the outside moved one way or another.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I would not be surprised to see a transaction within the next week, even if it means putting someone on waivers.

Some of the players don't even have 20 games together so perhaps we'll see some lines solidified (chemistry) and those on the outside moved one way or another.

I don't know anyone that really deserves to go on waivers. Maybe Froese or Marincin, but I doubt that happens.

I really hope there is a trade, even if it's just Polak for a couple of 3rds or something. At least that opens up a spot for Corrado/Marincin to sneak in and pays off the debt we own for Lou and Babcock. It's at least a step in the right direction, and with the extra roster spot, we may be able to call up one of the veteran Marlies taking away spots from our young guys (i.e. Panik, Frattin or Arcobello).

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I don't know anyone that really deserves to go on waivers. Maybe Froese or Marincin, but I doubt that happens.

I really hope there is a trade, even if it's just Polak for a couple of 3rds or something. At least that opens up a spot for Corrado/Marincin to sneak in and pays off the debt we own for Lou and Babcock. It's at least a step in the right direction, and with the extra roster spot, we may be able to call up one of the veteran Marlies taking away spots from our young guys (i.e. Panik, Frattin or Arcobello).

I don't even know why we claimed Corrado off waivers.
Strange situation like with Robidas. Is he never coming back?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

Only reason I see is valuable young player (whom is RH) on waivers and it's good value. However who cares when you have a lot of good young guys in the same position in your own system and you aren't being used here, it doesn't matter.

I'm sure he'll work his way into the lineup this year, but next year he has to take away a spot from some really strong players and he may find himself on waivers (like Panik) or traded (like Erixon). A lot of players will be shipped out of the organization this year/offseason, both old and young.

As for Robidas, I'm just going to assume he's done for his career. Lou doesn't reveal injury information, but he hasn't practiced since the preseason. It's too bad, but we need his cap hit to reach the floor next year anyways given the number of young, cheap guys that will be in our lineup.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007

Could be they didn't know what they had when they claimed him. Or as someone mentioned in the GDT maybe they're trying to showcase Polak on the 3rd pairing. Corrado's gotta be patient I guess. Frustrating I know, I want to see what he's got too.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Well Robidas is on permanent injury reserve for the rest of his contract so that's one down already.

Polak and Bozak could be traded by American Thanksgiving. If not, they are gone by the TDL most likely.

Reimer will most likely be gone by the TDL as well. Bernier may be kept around though since he is a good goalie and Bibeau may need some more time.

Lupul and Phaneuf, if they continue their seasons, will probably have buyers by the TDL or offseason.

Problem solved. We've got a lot more than just them to worry about though. Mainly, Kadri needs to score more than once every 70 shots.

Robidas being on permanent injury reserve would require him (our Masterton nominee) and several people in our management team to have terrible character and be ok with flat out lying to the league. Don't say that he's gone forever like it's a fact.

It's unlikely any big money contracts get moved this season. That means Phaneuf, Bozak, and Lupul. Just too much cap to handle right now. If we're lucky, 2/3 will be moved in the offseason.

Reimer, could very likely be re-signed, and that's not a bad thing. If we trade him, we're lucky to get a 3rd for him. If we keep him, he's still got a chance of emerging as a starter.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
So, what do you pay him?

"Reimer, could very likely be re-signed, and that's not a bad thing. If we trade him, we're lucky to get a 3rd for him. If we keep him, he's still got a chance of emerging as a starter."

We gave backup wonder 0-6-1 Bernier over $4M and he played horribly last year?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad