GDT: Trades & Free Agency Thread - Off-Season Early Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportsJunkie

Jan 29, 2013
Toronto
Does anyone think signing Max Domi is possible or a good idea? He should be cheap i would think maybe 3 over 4?

NVM twitter lied to me

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Does anyone think signing Max Domi is possible or a good idea? He should be cheap i would think maybe 3 over 4?

NVM twitter lied to me
Of course Domi's son would KILL like a real gangsta in toronto. :clap: Got that right. For life sire. We could be doing a lil something something with that. Imagine HIM on the same line as Simmonds.... or Matthews. He would kill suckas, hard. For life. Would be a cheap fan favourite in toronto. You know how fast I would buy a domi jersey sire........? Think how fast no?

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
If seattle take mccan its essentially losing hog and 7th in the expansion draft.
I was kind of hoping to lose Kerfoot in the draft. Not because he is a bad player, but because he is expensive and they could use his cap on different players who bring different elements. Who knows where his trade value lies, but he seemed the front runner to be selected.

So losing youth instead would be a bit frustrating when the goal should have been to gain cap space from the expansion draft. Not preserve the high priced options at the expense of prospects and draft picks.

Reactions: Kurtz

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
I was kind of hoping to lose Kerfoot in the draft. Not because he is a bad player, but because he is expensive and they could use his cap on different players who bring different elements. Who knows where his trade value lies, but he seemed the front runner to be selected.

So losing youth instead would be a bit frustrating when the goal should have been to gain cap space from the expansion draft. Not preserve the high priced options at the expense of prospects and draft picks.

Once Kerfoot gets his bonus, I am sure he could fetch more than Hallinder+7th pick in a trade if the Leafs wanted.
Values are temporarily deflated because of the expansion draft.

I think there is a chance he may still get selected by the Kraken.

Reactions: rimshot

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
I'm not sure what Dubas is doing but he is definitely putting himself on the hot seat. To make the trade for McCann and then expose him less then 24 hours to protect a player like Holl is beyond me.

Now before everyone says, well Holl is a top 4 RHD, etc etc. No Holl is not a top 4 defenseman. He's in our top 4 by default and because for whatever reason, Dubas and Keefe don't want to give our younger defenceman a chance to prove themselves. Holl is what he is, he's a bottom pairing defenseman who at the mid season point of the season, tends to really fall off a cliff.

I understand his salary is amazing for someone who plays the minutes he does but I'm sure Dermott, if given the chance can play equal to, if not better then Holl on the second pairing.

Dubas is sticking with his guys and it's unfortunate because it just seems like he wants to roll it back with the exact guys, who for 4 seasons, can't prove anything. Dubas and Keefe are definitely on the hot seat this season and Dubas is not doing himself any favors.

Reactions: paulhiggins

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Once Kerfoot gets his bonus, I am sure he could fetch more than Hallinder+7th pick in a trade if the Leafs wanted.
Values are temporarily deflated because of the expansion draft.

I think there is a chance he may still get selected by the Kraken.
They have been trending in different directions the last couple years. McCann is coming off a season where he put up 32 in 43. Kerfoot is coming off a season where he put up 23 in 56. If you put McCann on LW on line #1 or line #2 he looks to be trending towards a 50-60 point player with good size and versatility. The way Kerfoot is trending he is plateauing as a 30-45 point player with speed and versatility. A large part has been their roles. McCann has played on the wing in the top-6, while Kerfoot has taken over at 3C. If the roles were reversed, it would probably yield a similar result. But, their not and McCann has youth on side. I think McCann is more likely to replace Hyman in lineup than Kerfoot. McCann apparently struggles on faceoffs much like Kerfoot. It would be nice if he could win a faceoff and he has been putting up prime points while bringing good intangibles in the top-6 of a playoff team already. He's a cheap fix to a top-6 LW spot. With potential to be here long-term if he fits.

I'm sure it's possible Kerfoot gets more than that in trade. It's hard to tell where his value is at with his decreased offensive production and increased defensive responsibilites in a new role. The Johnsson trade also didn't say much about his potential value. Anderson is probably going to hit the waiver wire this fall, but he was one of the Devils better prospects at the time like Hallander is for Toronto. So, the return may not be too far out atleast if they still plan on moving him at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad