GDT: Trades & Free Agency Thread - Off-Season Early Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

I've seen this on the main boards too and figured some Habs fans had been smoking some good shit saying this is allowed but...

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I’m still a little upset the leafs didn’t try to make one more deal to get a better forward.

if we are going 7-3-1. Why waste the last spot on simmonds/engvall/Anderson?

there will undoubtedly be a better forward exposed.

Reactions: The Podium

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Ill reserver judgement to see if theres a side deal involved.

But there 0 reason for Seattle to take Kerfoot over McCann

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia

I've seen this on the main boards too and figured some Habs fans had been smoking some good shit saying this is allowed but...

Can he be selected, traded to say Ottawa with retention, and then traded to Montreal with retention again? :sarcasm: Would cost Montreal a lot of picks/prospects but Price at half/quarter of his salary would be huge.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
why in the everloving f*** would we expose McCann. The only sense I can make from that is that we're giving something to Seattle to take Kerfoot - maybe a 3rd or something.

I don't think paying Seattle to have them take a guy they should be taking anyways is really any better.

I think there is either a deal in place where the Leafs are paying Kerfoot's bonus and they compensate us, or the Leafs want to keep Kerfoot and don't care if they lose Dermott or McCann/Hallander.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Ill reserver judgement to see if theres a side deal involved.

But there 0 reason for Seattle to take Kerfoot over McCann
Kerfoot agreed on - with incentive. (Imo)
McCann grabbed while he held "less" value during expansion posturing by Pitt... and won't be picked even though he's exposed by Tor

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
He'll get more.
He won't. Coleman is good but he isn't 5mil+ a year good. 50 points should be no more than 4mil but even then that's still pushing it a bit given he did that with the Lightning. He's also 29, soon to be 30 this year. I think anywhere between 3-4 would be good. Ideally, 3mil.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
He won't. Coleman is good but he isn't 5mil+ a year good. 50 points should be no more than 4mil but even then that's still pushing it a bit given he did that with the Lightning. He's also 29, soon to be 30 this year. I think anywhere between 3-4 would be good. Ideally, 3mil.

I think him and Hyman will end up getting very identical contracts.

They're both in the same tier. If what Hyman is rumored to get is true, Coleman will look for a 5+ year deal for 5+ million easily. I rate Coleman a tad higher due to his skating but they're fairly even.

Reactions: Kurtz

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Can he be selected, traded to say Ottawa with retention, and then traded to Montreal with retention again? :sarcasm: Would cost Montreal a lot of picks/prospects but Price at half/quarter of his salary would be huge.

I don't think so but someone that knows more about the cap can probably answer that forsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad