Trades and Proposals 2016 TDD Kick-off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
I think Percy's going to get traded sooner or later. He's a B prospect, he'll get a B prospect back. Hartman seems about equal in value. Hawks get a cheap defender, as injury depth for their playoff run and possibly full time next year. Leafs get a decent prospect who won't get exposed to waivers next year.

Then the Bickell for Greening swap makes sense for both teams. Bickell is better than Greening, but paid more. If the Hawks are going to keep whoever they have in the minors, they prefer the lower cap hit. If the Leafs are going to keep whoever they have in the NHL, they prefer Bickell. I know we say it all the time, but I think Bickell could bounce back under Babcock.

So, Bickell for Greening makes sense for both teams. Percy for Hartman makes sense for the Leafs at least. I think it makes sense for the Hawks too, but I can't speak as assuredly for them.

I think the rumor is bull, because Lou doesn't let anything leak. But if it's not, it makes a lot of sense.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
It just been so damn quiet

Market is thin. We'll be lucky to get a 2nd for the players we want to move. I don't think the silence is overly shocking with so many teams still in the hunt and not a lot of pending UFA's hitting the rental market.

Even getting a few 3rd,4th,5th's will help us in the long term. Then we can give 1 or 2 of the kids a trial run down the stretch.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
i think its a reasonable idea. percy for hartman. hartman is under 6ft but he is pretty thick. the difference in salary between greening and bickell is insignificant imo. ~$1.5 million in cap space x 1 year. percy will need to clear waivers next year and we are already jammed at the position.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
GMs are getting better at hiding trades.

Back in January one GM was on record as saying there was nothing happening and it was dead quiet and then we had that rush of trades all of a sudden like the next day

Most believe that was actually Jim Benning speaking his full knowledge :laugh::laugh:

Seems like he seems to be 'out' on everything NHL related.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
James Mirtle
@mirtle
For what it's worth, recent Leafs games haven't had a ton of scouts in attendance. Not like this. twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug…

Ryan Rishaug @TSNRyanRishaug
Teams with scouts at Oiler game tonight : Stars Preds Sabres Habs Flames Panthers Leafs Bruins Jets Coyotes Jackets Rangers Wings

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
GMs are getting better at hiding trades.

Back in January one GM was on record as saying there was nothing happening and it was dead quiet and then we had that rush of trades all of a sudden like the next day

Depends on the GM too.

Some, due to cap space or team needs right now, may literally have very little going on.

We know Lou is working the phones trying to get Hunter some more '16 and '17 picks though.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
This trade will definitely not happen but I just want opinions.

Would you trade this year's first round pick (can potentially become a first overall to third overall pick) +Nylander for McDavid?

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
This trade will definitely not happen but I just want opinions.

Would you trade this year's first round pick (can potentially become a first overall to third overall pick) +Nylander for McDavid?

No.

Here's how you look at it:

Nylander+Marner+this years top 4 pick+next years top 5 pick....is not getting you McDavid.

There are likely not 2 assets in the entire hockey world that will get you Connor McDavid.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
James Mirtle
@mirtle
For what it's worth, recent Leafs games haven't had a ton of scouts in attendance. Not like this. twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug…

Ryan Rishaug @TSNRyanRishaug
Teams with scouts at Oiler game tonight : Stars Preds Sabres Habs Flames Panthers Leafs Bruins Jets Coyotes Jackets Rangers Wings

is that good or bad....
(that they aren't at our games)

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
is that good or bad....

I would assume they may be looking at other options, I'm sure they know what and who we are flogging and Jordan Eberle has been mentioned as trade bait in Edmonton.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
That's bad. Basically telling us that we think your players suck and we aren't interested in acquiring them.

Or "we already know what you have to offer and need to get a better gauge of what else is out there before circling back for a PAP that we don't need to see play to know what he's going to bring"

Riellyfan04

Feb 25, 2010
Toronto On
don't need to scout 3rd and 4th liners every single game! I'm sure every scout knows what our players can do lol... Im just hoping for some more 2nd and 3rd rounders!

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
is that good or bad....

I'm not worried about it. I think the Oilers are dangling a bigger fish than the Leafs (Potentially Yak, who still has a ton of potential). Scouts know what guys like PAP, Polak, Matthias, Grabner, etc. can do.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
There isn't much to scout right now anyways. They already know what they need to know, and the only "fresh" players aren't available anyways.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
And having 13-17 scouts at a game is very rare.

The Oilers are getting that high because like others have mentioned, they have bigger fish and people expect a big move out of them.

We are still getting scouts, just none of our players that will realistically be moved can be considered long-term assets really except for Nazem Kadri (and he may not even be available), so we are cutting 3/4ths of the league out of the equation there.

Besides. Scouts at games are overrated. It's so easy for that scout to watch footage of a game later that night or the next day now.

I don't think the Sens had a scout at the Leafs game before the Dion deal.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
And having 13-17 scouts at a game is very rare.

The Oilers are getting that high because like others have mentioned, they have bigger fish and people expect a big move out of them.

We are still getting scouts, just none of our players that will realistically be moved can be considered long-term assets really except for Nazem Kadri (and he may not even be available), so we are cutting 3/4ths of the league out of the equation there.

Besides. Scouts at games are overrated. It's so easy for that scout to watch footage of a game later that night or the next day now.

I don't think the Sens had a scout at the Leafs game before the Dion deal.

weren't we in ottawa?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Why are you punishing Reimer - send James to Calgary where he can get a fresh start. Bernier needs to stay for another tank year and earn his money.

Or we could ship Reimer to a playoff team and let him compete there, then sign with Calgary in the offseason.

Bernier can net us more than we paid for if he can have a solid season, and that is a very strong possibility. He has a .906 in his last 12 games, and that includes two games where the team didn't even show up and left him out to dry for 6 and 7 goals. I have faith in him to do even better than Reimer (because Bernier is a better goalie).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad