Trades and Proposals 2016 TDD Kick-off

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvenMittz*

Yes.

Honestly I think you're underrating Kadri.

Do I think he'll be our long term solution? Not sure, but imo you don't deal him and just assume you'll get someone. He can work if you get nobody else. If you get Stamkos, or Matthews, or Marner develops solidly as a center then you look to move him.

Moving Kadri and just assuming you're going to have 2 centers long term better than him is not a wise move imo. Hell it isn't even certain Nylander will be better than Kadri, he should be, but when Kadri was 19 we had sky high hopes for him then too.

:|

Did Kadri have PPG plus in the AHL when he was 19? i Believe he was 20, when he had close to PPG.

I think the ceiling is higher for Nylander. He will beat out Kadri no doubt.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Did Kadri have PPG plus in the AHL when he was 19? i Believe he was 20, when he had close to PPG.

not sure what your point is, I said it was likely but not certain. It's not certain, it's looking pretty good but you never know.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Trades & Proposals 2016: Lamoriello is Amazing.3 Weeks to Go till Deadline Day

the other thread was really full - let's continue.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto

Nylander is also surrounded with better players than Kadri was.

I think Nylander will one day be better than Kadri, at least offensively, but it's way to early to be certain.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Nylander's a better skater and has a better shot, which should set him apart.

Kadri has a bit of a wet noodle shot, and while he's a good playmaker and stickhandler, he's more of a decent skater instead of very good skater, so can't create as much separation and space.. From which to launch his wet noodle shot ;)

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
1 trade? That's nothing 19days to go till the deadline the countdowny is on, common more trades.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
its going to be lupes. and then bozak. and then polak, PAP and Grabs on TDL day.

You're getting too carried away. Lupes and Bozak will be here until the offseason, at least.

The Phaneuf trade and getting rid of the UFAs will be a more than successful deadline.

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
Nylander's a better skater and has a better shot, which should set him apart.

Kadri has a bit of a wet noodle shot, and while he's a good playmaker and stickhandler, he's more of a decent skater instead of very good skater, so can't create as much separation and space.. From which to launch his wet noodle shot ;)

They're definitely very different players. Kadri is much more gritty and has more of an edge to his game -- Kadri is turning into a very good 40-50 point, pest-type player who is a machine at drawing penalties. I see him as an expensive third-line centre when we're a competitive team.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Michalek-Kadri-Komarov
JVR-Bozak-Arcobello
Lupul-Holland-Winnik
Clune-Froese-Greening
Gardiner-Rielly
Cowen-Hunwick
Marincin-Corrado
Bernier
Sparks

Ew.

You could argue it's better with JVR, Michalek and Bozak back. And Leivo is likely to be on the Leafs to finish the season I would imagine.

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
So who's the next player to be moved?

My guess is Bozak. Lou's blanket of secrecy is amazing.

I agree. My favorite part of yesterday's trade was it came out of nowhere. Bobby Mac tweeted at 11:50 (NL time) that he was hearing chatter about Phaneuf and he could be gone by the deadline...12:40 the Sens twitter account tweeted the deal was done. LOL I was losing my mind!

Probably my favorite thing about Lou, TBH.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Bickell + CHI 2nd in 2017 for Jared Cowen.

Leafs retain 50% and flip Bickell for a pick or keep him and move him at the deadline. Depending on the need for cap space.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I could see Milan Michalek getting flipped at this TD.

Things are lining up nicely, well rested, known Vet , plays playoff style hockey , could be healthy very early march , broke his fingers twice this season (not major red flags for the other GMs)

and we have the ability and are willing to do something the sens would not do and that is to retain 50%.

I could see something like Michalek (with % retained) for a pick(or B prospect that hunter likes) and a UFA cap dump.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
I could see Milan Michalek getting flipped at this TD.

Things are lining up nicely, well rested, known Vet , plays playoff style hockey , could be healthy very early march , broke his fingers twice this season (not major red flags for the other GMs)

and we have the ability and are willing to do something the sens would not do and that is to retain 50%.

I could see something like Michalek (with % retained) for a pick(or B prospect that hunter likes) and a UFA cap dump.

I don't see it tbh.

He hasn't produced well for a couple seasons now and carries the burden of a 4 million cap-hit. Now if the Leafs retain say 50% of his salary it could be a lot more manage-able for teams. I think we keep him until next season, play up his value, and try to flip him for a 2nd with cap retention next season (expiring contract).

Teams will be cap-strapped with a declining Canadian dollar and likely no movement in the salary-cap. I cannot see many teams willing to give-up anything for him. But hey, I'm not Leafs management just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad