Trades and Proposals 2016 TDD Kick-off

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Let's take a guess on the following FA (you can use up to 2 teams as a possible destination

- Polak to Pittsburgh
- PAP to St. Louis / Chicago
- Hunwick to Capitals
- Bozak to Nashville
- Reimer to Sharks

Let's see who is close to these predictions

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Did you hit your head in practice? :sarcasm:

:help:

latest

Won't even bother to edit that gem.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Let's take a guess on the following FA (you can use up to 2 teams as a possible destination

- Polak to Pittsburgh
- PAP to St. Louis / Chicago
- Hunwick to Capitals
- Bozak to Nashville
- Reimer to Sharks

Let's see who is close to these predictions

Polak to Pittsburgh or Washington
PAP to NYI or Chicago
Reimer/Bernier to Calgary or San Jose

I don't think Bozak or Hunwick will be moved at the deadline.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Leafs: Trade entire team, including all picks in next 2 drafts + 20million dollars
Edmonton: Trade entire team including picks in only this draft.

:handclap:

That almost happened once upon a time if you believe this:
By:Sylvia Strojek THE CANADIAN PRESS, Published on Sun Oct 11 2009

EDMONTON – A new hockey book says the NHL's Edmonton Oilers and Toronto Maple Leafs almost traded cities in the early 1980s.
The biography of one-time Oilers owner Peter Pocklington says the scheme called for the entire team to move to Toronto to play in Maple Leaf Gardens.
The Leafs, in turn, would have found a home in Edmonton's new arena, which at that time was called the Coliseum.
In the book "I'd Trade Him Again," Pocklington says Leafs owner Harold Ballard was having financial troubles and made the proposal in 1980.
Ballard also wanted Pocklington to pay him $50 million in cash.
Pocklington, who was vilified in Edmonton when he traded Wayne Gretzky in 1988, says he was all for the market swap, but Ballard backed out in the end.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
John Jaeckel (Blackhawks Blogger) was mentioning there is a possible trade looming with the Hawks and Leafs. Bryan Bickell and a pick/prospect coming back, apparently the Leafs are high on Ryan Hartman. The Hawks would take Colin Greening and prospect Stuart Percy from the Leafs in exchange.

Take it for what it's worth.

If it's Percy then that pick has to be a 1st rounder coming back with Hartman, at least. Bickel, Hartman, 1st for Percy and Greening. Do I like it? Kind of.

Hartman’s size is not exactly eye-popping but his ability to excel at all facets of the game is impressive. He is a tough player despite his lack of height and is willing to throw his body around. He finds his way into the gritty areas of the ice and has solid enough hands to convert a few opportunities. He has played both center and the wing, making him a versatile player with an all-around game.

OvenMittz*

Take it for what it's worth.

If it's Percy then that pick has to be a 1st rounder coming back with Hartman, at least. Bickel, Hartman, 1st for Percy and Greening. Do I like it? Kind of.

Im not as high on Percy as you are probably. But if we are taking Bickel (which I don't mind) who is a cap dump I'd hope the pick is a 1st but I feel it might be a 2nd... Depends on their feelings on Hartman.

We do need size though and from the sounds of it he doesn't have it.

Would I take it.. Sure. More prospects and picks for us.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Are we close to turning the page on Percy too?

I think Percy is done with the organization tbh. As of next season he'll have to go through waivers, along with a bunch of other young guys (Corrado, Marincin, Harrington, etc.). I'm not sure he's done enough to stay ahead of those guys though. I think the Leafs would like to keep him but I don't know if he'll be able to take an NHL spot next season and there is no way the Leafs risk losing him for free. I bet he's traded.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Im not as high on Percy as you are probably. But if we are taking Bickel (which I don't mind) who is a cap dump I'd hope the pick is a 1st but I feel it might be a 2nd... Depends on their feelings on Hartman.

We do need size though and from the sounds of it he doesn't have it.

Would I take it.. Sure. More prospects and picks for us.

Hartman's offense this year may look paltry but he's tied for lead scorer on his AHL team, who are surprisingly 3rd in the west despite only scoring 114 goals in 45 games. I'm not really here or there on Percy... would be fine moving him.

OvenMittz*

After a 2nd look Hartman's numbers aren't that great in the AHL.. Seems like a 3rd line winger with grit.

Chicago will have to throw in there 1st for sure. And maybe more for the cap dump.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think Percy is done with the organization tbh. As of next season he'll have to go through waivers, along with a bunch of other young guys (Corrado, Marincin, Harrington, etc.). I'm not sure he's done enough to stay ahead of those guys though. I think the Leafs would like to keep him but I don't know if he'll be able to take an NHL spot next season and there is no way the Leafs risk losing him for free. I bet he's traded.

Percy leads the group of younger guys (Harrington, Corrado, Marincin, etc.) by a long shot. It's just we may get more out of him than the others and all of them can handle a bottom pair role well.

Black hat blue eyes

Jul 21, 2015
Wonder if we can get the rights for Biggs back? That way we can trade Bernier and "truckulent" Biggs to Calgary for Monahan... Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad