Trades and Free Agency Discussion - The Dog Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
I keep seeing these rumours of Nylander to NYI… what do they have that we’d even want? Dobson, but he isn’t available

Can they deal Mayfield even though they just signed him?

Wahlstrom + Mayfield + 1st?

Actually he has a 16 team NTL starting now…

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LeafSteel

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Stanly Cup Champs, thats the 3 words when I saw this pic
Eh hes declined the past two years. Went from a top 10 player who was around 100 pts pace per 82 to 85 pts per 82 the past two years with only 67 in 70 this year

Bruin fans were frustrated with him and believe he is on the decline.

I wouldnt want him on the leafs just b/c seeing him here makes me puke but even as a player he is on decline and there is risk wed be getting JT 2.0

Reactions: Rocker13

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
That's 100% it, no one wants egg on face.

Although Mete must have a rock solid explanation or something.

I wondered when McLeod wasn't qualified by NJD if something was up.
He was in Jamaica during the team the incident happened.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I keep seeing these rumours of Nylander to NYI… what do they have that we’d even want? Dobson, but he isn’t available

Wahlstrom + Pulock?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Eh hes declined the past two years. Went from a top 10 player who was around 100 pts pace per 82 to 85 pts per 82 the past two years with only 67 in 70 this year

Bruin fans were frustrated with him and believe he is on the decline.

I wouldnt want him on the leafs just b/c seeing him here makes me puke but even as a player he is on decline and there is risk wed be getting JT 2.0
Well, I still think he will be the best LW on the Leafs if he comes over today.
Plus he offers intangibles that we just don't have.

Reactions: hamzarocks

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004

Pelech straight up, Pulock plus somthing minor/pick, Romanov + cheap roster player/prospect ...the Isles do like to give away 1st rounders, so, we'd be silly not to ask for one.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

I don't know really... I read this article that talks about Nylander to Islanders.

A likely trade would require the Islanders to move Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Oliver Wahlstrom, and a draft selection in the first or second round. To sweeten the offer, Lamoriello can throw in a young defenseman like Sebastian Aho or Samuel Bolduc, giving the Maple Leafs four pieces for a rental addition.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I don't know really... I read this article that talks about Nylander to Islanders.

A likely trade would require the Islanders to move Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Oliver Wahlstrom, and a draft selection in the first or second round. To sweeten the offer, Lamoriello can throw in a young defenseman like Sebastian Aho or Samuel Bolduc, giving the Maple Leafs four pieces for a rental addition.
If the knee checks out I would do a deal around Wahlstrom. I think he has a chance to be a good player this year. Different package than Willie but there is a lot to like.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
That guys is getting 1 year 800k-1.5M deals the rest of the way I think and the moment the production stops, he's off to Russia.

He's only tolerated because he can run a hell of a PP unit but that's it.
Not sure even then why he should be tolerated. He should be done. Guy is a meathead.

Reactions: CuuuJooo

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Nylander for Pageau + Wahlstrom + top 10 protected 1st is interesting. Mostly because while Pageau's contract isn't that great, he would cement the third line centre role nicely for a few years and can produce more than Kampf.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
Nylander for Pageau + Wahlstrom + top 10 protected 1st is interesting. Mostly because while Pageau's contract isn't that great, he would cement the third line centre role nicely for a few years and can produce more than Kampf.
I would be pretty bummed if thats the return we got for Nylander.

I think we need at least one guaranteed good piece coming back. I dont think this combo of players and a mid/late first is a win for Toronto. I think there is a team that will be able to offer more.

I think Calgary makes sense given the amount of players that want out, we may be able to get a better package. I also think given their situation, they maybe willing to pay Nylander the contract he wants.

The move should be Lindhom plusand all and players get extended.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Could be interesting especially if can find a way to involve a 3rd team to take like 1M of pageau contract

The goal at the end is get more goal than your opponent and they exist 2 way for it...

Increase number of goal for
or
reducing of goal against

Pageau at 4 and domi at 3 at the same salary of nylander

Some people will say im fool but im think domi can match up 5v5 nylander contribution. PP 4v4 or 3v3 its different.

Pageau bring some solid 2 way game
Something like
Bertuzzi-matthews-Domi
Knies-jt-Marner
Jarnkrok-pageau-???

Pp1 matthews marner, tavares bertuzzi rielly/klinberg

Pp2 domi- knies jarnkrok pageau klinberg/rielly

Could be pretty good

I think we need at least one guaranteed good piece coming back. I dont think this combo of players and a mid/late first is a win for Toronto. I think there is a team that will be able to offer more.

I think Calgary makes sense given the amount of players that want out, we may be able to get a better package. I also think given their situation, they maybe willing to pay Nylander the contract he wants.

If nylander dont have interest to resign in calgary, every trade with cgy is done

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

No team has won a cup with an 11+ million dollar player, no team has won a cup with 7.4 million on their bottom-6 Cs either. The point of getting Pageau is that you don’t need to pay a premium for a defensive 4C/top PK option.

Reactions: andora

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria

The more i think about it i just dont see much more coming with lindholm

Both very good players but lindholm plays the dot both needing contracts

I think some tinkering can be done in a 2for 2 or 2 for 3 type deal but its pretty even 1 for 1

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
That return is not good enough. Pageau is a cap dump and Wahlstrom is not even half the player Nylander is. Giving the pick top 10 protection is even worse. The Leafs downgrade significantly, take on a terrible contract and don't even get a premium asset back.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008

Lou is 80 and is clearly in win now mode, so probably more willing than most to give up a quality young asset. Unfortunately the Islanders have very little that's interesting in their farm system.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
To Toronto-
Dobson
Whalstrom
Pageau

To Islanders-
Nylander
Brodie
Robertson

Status
Not open for further replies.