Proposal: Trade Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
and the "top line" makes less than 12M combined.

These things even out throughout a lineup.

It evens out because the Habs don’t have any top talent that get big contracts so they have to rely on depth.

I’d rather the Habs had a top line of Svechnikov-Aho-Teräväinen at a cost of $21.6 million with less depth elsewhere but, unfortunately, that’s not the case.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Okay. Last chance as it sounds like it might be coming to a head.

What's your best offer from the Habs for Eichel if you were GM?

Not what do you think it will take or whether Bergevin would do it, just your best offer.

For me it's Drouin, Toffoli, Romanov and our 2023 1st (lottery protected will slide to 2024 unprotected).

Reactions: Garry Valk

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

Not what do you think it will take or whether Bergevin would do it, just your best offer.

For me it's Drouin, Toffoli, Romanov and our 2023 1st (lottery protected will slide to 2024 unprotected).
not enough for them I bet

they will want 2 firsts

Reactions: Vachon23

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016

They won't give two shakes about Drouin or Toffoli although I do understand money has to move back. Probably Caufield, Ghule, 2023 1st, Drouin, and Toffoli. That should be the return for an Eichel level player but stranger things have happened in this league.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Near the tdl, trade the following
Chariot for a 1st
Lehkonen for a 2nd or 3rd
Perreault for a 4th or 5th
Kulak for a 5th
Paquette for a 7th
Wideman for a 7th

Win Shane Wright at the draft

Next year:

Anderson - Suzuki - Caufield
Drouin - Wright - Toffoli
Hoffman - Dvorak - Gallagher
Poehling - Evans - Armia
Byron

Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Guhle - Harris
Brook, Niku

Price
Allen

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Near the tdl, trade the following
Chariot for a 1st
Lehkonen for a 2nd or 3rd
Perreault for a 4th or 5th
Kulak for a 5th
Paquette for a 7th
Wideman for a 7th

Win Shane Wright at the draft

Next year:

Anderson - Suzuki - Caufield
Drouin - Wright - Toffoli
Hoffman - Dvorak - Gallagher
Poehling - Evans - Armia
Byron

Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Guhle - Harris
Brook, Niku

Price
Allen

It's a good plan, but dependent on winning the lottery, which even if we were the worst team in the league is very unlikely.

Reactions: Gyfu

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com

I’d offer Gallagher, Guhle, Poehling, 1st.

Reactions: Canadienna

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
To Calgary
Toffoli, Chiarot

To Mtl
Monahan, Valimaki

Flames get a top 6W on a reasonable deal that is familiar to Sutter's system & had some success with him... and a bottom 4LD Ufa that fits well to cgys needs & Sutters approach... 2 players that should bolster Calgary for a run this year while shedding Monahans cap hit next year (a net benefit with Tkachuk & Gaudreau needing raises)

Habs get a reclamation project in Monahan... with the top 6C need in Mtl, Monahan will get every opportunity to rediscover his MOJO... if he doesn't, he's an expensive stop gap that Montreal can hopefully turn into futures before the 2023 trade deadline. In Valimaki, Habs get much needed PMD potential, and like Monahan, valimaki will have ample opportunity to seize a top 4 role on par with his potential.

Hoff Suzuki Caufield
Drouin Monahan Anderson
Armia Dvo Gally
Perreault Evans Lek

Edm Petry
Romanov Savard
Valimaki Kulak

Hopefully stay picking bottom 10 this year to add the top pick... Perreault, Kulak, Byron, Paquette, Niku all TD fodder for more picks.

Benefit is that this lineup stays almost 100% intact next season... Poehling/Ylonen replacing Perreault & Harris/Norlinder
replacing Kulak.

With just enough progress from youth, Price back & a 1/2 decent coaching improvement, it's a solid playoff team with a lot of good young players and some quality d prospects soon to come of age

Last edited:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
To Calgary
Toffoli, Chiarot

To Mtl
Monahan, Valimaki

Flames get a top 6W on a reasonable deal that is familiar to Sutter's system & had some success with him... and a bottom 4LD Ufa that fits well to cgys needs & Sutters approach... 2 players that should bolster Calgary for a run this year while shedding Monahans cap hit next year (a net benefit with Tkachuk & Gaudreau needing raises)

Habs get a reclamation project in Monahan... with the top 6C need in Mtl, Monahan will get every opportunity to rediscover his MOJO... if he doesn't, he's an expensive stop gap that Montreal can hopefully turn into futures before the 2023 trade deadline. In Valimaki, Habs get much needed PMD potential, and like Monahan, valimaki will have ample opportunity to seize a top 4 role on par with his potential.
more middle players not making us better.
We need picks for Chariot and Toffoli.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
If they get someone in and decide to do a rebuild, Petry would be a gold mine.

Frankly just cashing in on Petry Gallagher Chiarot would set us with like minimum 4 firsts

I got tarred and feathered for suggesting it previously but this is the most logical path forward.

Reactions: NeptunesTrident

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
more middle players not making us better.
We need picks for Chariot and Toffoli.

Meh... neither are returning top 10 quality picks, so imo getting a crack at a player who could return to top 6C form with a change of scenery & more time to get back from a long health issue, plus a dman who is right now a solid bottom pairing value (cap/contribution) while being cost controlled & having legit shot at being a good top 4 player at good value for next 2-4yrs, is worth the late 1st value chia or Toffoli "might" return.

Plus, Monahan can potentially return a first next mid-season unless the wheels fully fall off or he plays well enough for us to go for it with a Suzuki-Monahan-Dvo C core... all 3 at 75%+ of their respective ceilings is a pretty stellar top 9C roster to roll with.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Meh... neither are returning top 10 quality picks, so imo getting a crack at a player who could return to top 6C form with a change of scenery & more time to get back from a long health issue, plus a dman who is right now a solid bottom pairing value (cap/contribution) while being cost controlled & having legit shot at being a good top 4 player at good value for next 2-4yrs, is worth the late 1st value chia or Toffoli "might" return.

Plus, Monahan can potentially return a first next mid-season unless the wheels fully fall off or he plays well enough for us to go for it with a Suzuki-Monahan-Dvo C core... all 3 at 75%+ of their respective ceilings is a pretty stellar top 9C roster to roll with.
with no defense and no money left
The exact same result

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
with no defense and no money left
The exact same result

Valimaki for Chiarot leaves us a bit better off than we are by next year, if not this year and norlinder/harris/strubble /ghule/mailloux joining Romanov/Valimaki/Petry is where the longterm top 4 upgrade fix is to be found.

No top pairing player out there that's realistically available... the 1 UFA target, Klingberg, could still be pursued by clearing other vets out...IF he were even interested.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Valimaki for Chiarot leaves us a bit better off than we are by next year, if not this year and norlinder/harris/strubble /ghule/mailloux joining Romanov/Valimaki/Petry is where the longterm top 4 upgrade fix is to be found.

No top pairing player out there that's realistically available... the 1 UFA target, Klingberg, could still be pursued by clearing other vets out...IF he were even interested.
Like I said you are gonna roll with 5 5-6th dman still. Petry whos aging is ur only top 4. Price is back , Suzuki extension kicks in , there is no money for any UFA unless major trades that we would have to just get asssets for without taking cap back because we are in cap hell.

Reactions: Habs10Habs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad