Proposal: Trade that needs to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
Sure. If they offered Matthews they might have a shot.
I'd give up Rielly and two first's for him and more if that's what it would take. You can replace those lots prospects easily in free agency.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
1 post since 2015, and now just trashing Rielly because of plus minus? Troll
No I'm trashing him because he's horrible defensively and not the kind of player we need. not because of plus minus.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
No I'm trashing him because he's horrible defensively and not the kind of player we need. not because of plus minus.
You were literally using plus minus to downgrade him as a player. Don't back off now.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Who is this guy, and why does he have computer access?

I think the Leafs should trade every player who scores for every player who can't; because obviously, that means they are winners.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

I think the Leafs should trade every player who scores for every player who can't; because obviously, that means they are winners.
:handclap:
He also just said you can replace those late 1st prospects in free agency. Funny stuff.

Reactions: kb

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
1 post since 2015, and now just trashing Rielly because of plus minus? Troll
He is the same guy who said he was a 3rd pair d man and he had a special formula which proved it. Now using Ekblad as a player who he thinks is better then Rielly. Every GM in the league would take Reilly over Ekblad in a trade and that includes Florida.

Reactions: Superstar

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Rielly ain't either.

Rielly should have been nominated for the Norris a year ago ahead of Hedman, when he scored 20 goals and 72 pts...but the Leaf hating media shafted him...though Bob McKenzie who was being fair ranked him 3rd with his vote ahead of Hedman. Dubas needs to get him a stable partner and stop this annual merry-go-round of subpar RHD experiments for Rielly...he is a #1 pairing d man.

Reactions: Havoc

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He is the same guy who said he was a 3rd pair d man and he had a special formula which proved it. Now using Ekblad as a player who he thinks is better then Rielly. Every GM in the league would trade Reilly over Ekblad in a trade and that includes Florida.
Lol thats hilarious.
No need to worry though. Dubas is a smart man and is no way trading Rielly.

Reactions: diceman934

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
He is the same guy who said he was a 3rd pair d man and he had a special formula which proved it. Now using Ekblad as a player who he thinks is better then Rielly. Every GM in the league would take Reilly over Ekblad in a trade and that includes Florida.
Maybe the mods can check his IP address and shut down this troll account as this is one of many accounts this clown has.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
What I gathered from this thread is that we are trading Rielly and 2 1sts for Peace On Earth?

Reactions: Notsince67

NJG

Jun 27, 2015

The teams problem is defense.... not scoring. So yeah it makes sense to trade are best offensive d-man for a d-man that plays defensively because that's what we need... Even if by some Miracle we signed Pietrangelo this team still ain't going anywhere.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Nonsense post.

Rielly was our second best player after Matthews. He made the one brutal giveaway after being gassed playing half the game on a back-to-back. Otherwise he was like Superman when it came to holding the line and making pinches to maintain zone possession. The only reason any line besides Matthews' was able to sustain zone time was because of his play and he did it while babysitting crap partners like Ceci and Holl.

The reason he was a -1 was because he had a .929 PDO (lowest in the playoffs) including a 0% on-ice shooting percentage. Hard to be a positive player when literally no Leaf scored while you were on the ice at 5v5 against Columbus.

It's frankly baffling that someone could watch how poorly we played in his absence and then how we played in his return against Tampa Bay in arguably our most dominant game of the season and conclude he's a problem.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
Nonsense post.

Rielly was our second best player after Matthews. He made the one brutal giveaway after being gassed playing half the game on a back-to-back. Otherwise he was like Superman when it came to holding the line and making pinches to maintain zone possession. The only reason any line besides Matthews' was able to sustain zone time was because of his play and he did it while babysitting crap partners like Ceci and Holl.

The reason he was a -1 was because he had a .929 PDO (lowest in the playoffs) including a 0% on-ice shooting percentage. Hard to be a positive player when literally no Leaf scored while you were on the ice at 5v5 against Columbus.

It's frankly baffling that someone could watch how poorly we played in his absence and then how we played in his return against Tampa Bay in arguably our most dominant game of the season and conclude he's a problem.

He played with Barrie, Muzzin most of the time. Again your talking about offense and holding a line and pinching.... none of that has to do with once they get past the line and he can't do shit besides sit in front of the net because he will lose every board battle and every dump into the zone.

And your also talking about the playoffs in talking about in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad