Proposal: Trade that needs to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
Since we have enough offense and this teams problem is clearly in the defensive department. And a side from Muzzin being are only defensive d-man and the rest of our defense are all offensive minded/puck moving hobbits... Obviously we need to get bigger and have a lot more stay at home d-men.

I think and thought from the start that we need to get rid of Rielly while we still can, yeah he gets points and provides offense sometimes but we need are defense to do just that... play defense.

People don't see the down-side and disadvantage of having a puck moving, good passer, outlet passing d-man (which is basically what 95% of are defense is) the disadvantage is that in order to play the type of game they bring and assets.... they need the puck. which means without the puck they're pretty much useless and don't really do or bring anything. We need people that can protect the zone and win battles and be aggressive and actually be able to take hits and contact without getting thrown off the puck like a child in the corners like Rielly and everyone else does.

So I say we get rid of him while we still can and before the injuries start catching up to him (which they will soon enough) and get a good defensive d-man in return.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
If we want to get rid of a player, why would teams trade a good player for him?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Since we have enough offense and this teams problem is clearly in the defensive department. And a side from Muzzin being are only defensive defense man and the rest of our defense are all offensive minded/puck moving hobbits... Obviously we need to get bigger and have a lot more stay at home defense men.

I think and thought from the start that we need to get rid of Rielly while we still can, yeah he gets points and provides offense sometimes but we need are defense to do just that... play defense.

People don't see the down-side and disadvantage of having a puck moving, good passer, outlet passing defense man (which is basically what 95% of are defense is) the disadvantage is that in order to play the type of game they bring and assets.... they need the puck,,,, which means without the puck they're pretty much useless and don't really do or bring anything. We need people that can protect the zone and win battles and be aggressive and actually be able to take hits and contact without getting thrown off the puck like a child in the corners like Rielly and everyone else does.

So I say we get rid of him while we still can and before the injuries start catching up to him (which they will soon enough) and get a good defensive d-man in return.
Lol get rid of Rielly while we still can.

He was a beast in the playoffs.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Since we have enough offense and this teams problem is clearly in the defensive department. And a side from Muzzin being are only defensive d-man and the rest of our defense are all offensive minded/puck moving hobbits... Obviously we need to get bigger and have a lot more stay at home d-men.

People don't see the down-side and disadvantage of having a puck moving, good passer, outlet passing d-man (which is basically what 95% of are defense is) the disadvantage is that in order to play the type of game they bring and assets.... they need the puck. which means without the puck they're pretty much useless and don't really do or bring anything. We need people that can protect the zone and win battles and be aggressive and actually be able to take hits and contact without getting thrown off the puck like a child in the corners like Rielly and everyone else does.

Yeah, no.

Reactions: mclaren55

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
Post like the OP is why I stay away from here.

Rielly is our best D man by a mile it is not even close.
He's a forward that plays defense. Defense is not his trait.... offense is.... last time I checked we needed defense not offense.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
lol Rielly a side from offense he provides nothing else to the team.... Sure he makes some good defensive plays sometimes.... but so does marincin and any other d-man in the league. A side from offense he's a liability in the d zone and can't win any battle's... doesn't hit ever, gets boxed out easily in front of the net and on the boards.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
lol Rielly a side from offense he provides nothing else to the team.... Sure he makes some good defensive plays sometimes.... but so does marincin and any other d-man in the league. A side from offense he's a liability in the d zone and can't win any battle's... doesn't hit ever, gets boxed out easily in front of the net and on the boards.
So does Josi, Preds better trade him.
Hughes is terrible defensively as well. Trade him too Canucks.
You lost all credibility when you used plus minus.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Lol you need Dubas glasses.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
I am a smart hockey fan who know a great hockey player who I see one...you not so much.
I never said he wasn't a good hockey player... So your point is flawed. I said he's an offensive d-man which is not what we need, we have enough offense.

Reactions: Duckrider

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
So does Josi, Preds better trade him.
Hughes is terrible defensively as well. Trade him too Canucks.
You lost all credibility when you used plus minus.
Yeah I bet if Canucks had Ekblad instead of Hughes they'd be better off.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I never said he wasn't a good hockey player... So your point is flawed. I said he's an offensive d-man which is not what we need, we have enough offense.
Tell me the other defenceman who provides offense on this team? I can't name one

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

Finding defensive balance usually means strengthening the crappy dmen and having a working system before moving ur good ones.

Reactions: meefer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad