Proposal: Trade that needs to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
:handclap:
He also just said you can replace those late 1st prospects in free agency. Funny stuff.
You clearly can't read I said I'd trade two 1st plus a prospect or two if that's what it took and that you can replace the prospects in free agency. But sure.

We have Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander, Johnsson.... We can deal with not having a first for a couple of years. If it's going to get us the defensive help we need.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
He played with Barrie, Muzzin most of the time. Again your talking about offense and holding a line and pinching.... none of that has to do with once they get past the line and he can't do shit besides sit in front of the net because he will lose every board battle and every dump into the zone.

And your also talking about the playoffs in talking about in general.

No, you don't know what you're talking about and clearly didn't watch or understand what you were watching. In the playoffs Rielly played 74 minutes with Ceci, 15 with Holl, 12 with Dermott and Barrie and 0 minutes with Muzzin at 5v5.

He played 30:49 the entire regular season with Muzzin. They both play LD, they don't play together. This isn't an especially good lie you're trying to tell.

Rielly was the only defenseman that could beat the forecheck and turn the puck the other way. The idea that he shied away from contact is nonsense. I don't get the impression that your opinion is bound by reality though.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Trade Anderson. Use those assets to get a younger goalie with smaller cap hit. Anderson has proven he is weak mentally and gives up terrible goals at the worst time. I do not trust him. Its true he never had a good d-core but a good d-core cant prevent those terrible goals he lets in during the playoffs.

Trade Johnsson for prospect and 2nd round pick. Robertson replaces him and u save 2 plus million.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
You clearly can't read I said I'd trade two 1st plus a prospect or two if that's what it took and that you can replace the prospects in free agency. But sure.

We have Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander, Johnsson.... We can deal with not having a first for a couple of years. If it's going to get us the defensive help we need.
No you can't replace those prospects in FA. Even with those 5 players, we lost in the play in and didn't have a 1st either, so we can't really deal without one.

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
I would only consider a Reilly trade after the 20-21 season if an extension can not be reached. He will command a pretty good raise (I'm guessing it starts at OEL money) so I see it as 50/50 that we can sign him if we don't move a large contract out. I really think that he can become a two way force for us but it will mean that he has to sacrifice offence to do it. I really do believe that he has all the tools and the right attitude to get to that next level and be that type of player for the Leafs.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Isn't there a sticked trade thread for a reason? So every hero out there can't just create a new thread every time they have a terrible idea on how to fix the Leafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad