Speculation: Trade Speculation Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Trade for Campbell and Vanek ~ Then we can compete with teams like the Pens.

Kovy-Lokti-Henrique
Elias-Zajac-Vanek
Dags-Zuburs-Clarkie
Bernier-Gionta-Clarkson

Campbell-Salvador
Greene-Larsson
Fayne-Zidlicky

Not gnna happen. And those line combos are terrible.

NewarkDevil

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
A top line of Vanek Loktionov and Kovalchuk would be sweet.

I can see it now: Loktionov would do the forechecking and get the puck and make a sweet pass to Kovalchuk who would take a hard-ass shot which Vanek would tip while screening out the goalie.

I love and hate this time of year. The fun of thinking of all the great players that your team could be trading for and then weighing that against the fact that they really won't be doing it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Iginla to NJD at the deadline from Pitt. Pitt is giving up now with Crosby out.

e5.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Vanek??? That guy disappears for huge stretches...

Wait, I think you guys are on to something...

If somehow we can coordinate the disappearing acts from Kovalchuk and Vanek to be on different schedules we might be able to get some pretty consistent goal scoring that we've haven't had since the A-Line.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
PatrickCaisse:
Buffalo Sabres asked Jason Pominville to prepare a list of eight teams where he doesn't want to be traded. #NHLTradeDeadline

https://twitter.com/patrickcaisse/status/318807693441773569

Screw Vanek.

Do it Lou !!!

As has already been said he would replace Parise. Even if it takes till next year. That's the best part he's not a rest of season rental. He's signed until next Summer in 2014. If we didn't have to give up a first in the next two years then **** it I'd give it to them.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Vanek??? That guy disappears for huge stretches...

Wait, I think you guys are on to something...

If somehow we can coordinate the disappearing acts from Kovalchuk and Vanek to be on different schedules we might be able to get some pretty consistent goal scoring that we've haven't had since the A-Line.

And if they were both on at the same time? Good night opposing defenses.

Oroku Saki*

**** Jon Merrill if we're getting Pominville back. Kid is skilled but he is a headcase or needs to mature very soon because who the hell knows what he'd do with NHL money.

Last edited by a moderator:

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Pominville is exactly the kind of player we need, i really cannot fathom why Buffalo wants to part ways with him. He would be a tremendous replacement for Parise both in terms of production and leadership, assuming we aren't one of the eight teams on his no-trade list (i can't see why we would be) i certainly hope Lou kicks the tires on acquiring him.

Pominville - Henrique - Kovalchuk
Elias - Zajac - Zubrus
Ponikarovsky - Loktionov - Clarkson
D'Agostini - Carter - Bernier
Gionta/Kostopoulos

Our forward group would once again be one of the deepest in the league, incredibly solid third and fourth lines with the right amount of high end talent in the top six.

I wonder what Buffalo would want for him though? Surely if they're selling Pominville they're looking to get some picks and prospects in return; perhaps they'd take Tallinder back too considering his previous chemistry with Myers and the fact Regehr is likely to be moved at the deadline as well?

Maybe a deal around:

To :devils

Pominville

To :sabres

Tallinder
1st Round Pick
Merrill / Severson

Surely that would get the ball rolling at least? Tough price to pay but i'd do it for Pominville.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Pominville is exactly the kind of player we need, i really cannot fathom why Buffalo wants to part ways with him. He would be a tremendous replacement for Parise both in terms of production and leadership, assuming we aren't one of the eight teams on his no-trade list (i can't see why we would be) i certainly hope Lou kicks the tires on acquiring him.

Elias - Zajac - Zubrus
Gionta/Kostopoulos

Our forward group would once again be one of the deepest in the league, incredibly solid third and fourth lines with the right amount of high end talent in the top six.

I wonder what Buffalo would want for him though? Surely if they're selling Pominville they're looking to get some picks and prospects in return; perhaps they'd take Tallinder back too considering his previous chemistry with Myers and the fact Regehr is likely to be moved at the deadline as well?

Maybe a deal around:

Pominville

Tallinder
1st Round Pick
Merrill / Severson

Surely that would get the ball rolling at least? Tough price to pay but i'd do it for Pominville.

I would do that package + Another Prospect

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

**** Jon Merrill if we're getting Pominville back. Kid is skilled but he is a headcase or needs to mature very soon because who the hell knows what he'd do with NHL money.

The voice of reason :handclap:

Merrill might turn into something solid... or not. We already know that Pominville is a freaking stud and with the surplus of prospect we have on defence, it would be a no brainer on my part.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Further to @TSNBobMcKenzie's tweet on Handzus trade to Chi, Sharks will get 4th-rd pick. Deal still pending trade call

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA

Elias - Zajac - Zubrus
Gionta/Kostopoulos

Maybe a deal around:

Pominville

Tallinder
1st Round Pick
Merrill / Severson

That's quite a bit of value for Pomnville. Tallinder is not worth much to us right now, but could net a second round pick based on the trades we've seen.

So, a 1st, 2nd, and Merrill/Severson for Pominville? Sabres just might have to take that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad