Speculation: Trade Speculation Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oroku Saki*

I don't know his contract off the top of my head but I would imagine Henrique as a starter. I'm hoping Adam turns into a similar player.

apice3*

I feel like D'Agostini doesn't belong here, kinda the same way I felt about Kurtis Foster when we got him. When we traded for Poni, it made sense. When we traded for Loktionov, it was an educated risk. When we traded for Dags, it was whatever. Just didn't feel right.

I wonder if we'd package him + a D-man for a top 6 guy to a West team looking for playoff depth. Columbus? Dallas? Phoenix? Nashville? I'd be intrigued by Anisimov, Jagr, Hanzal, and Hornqvist. No idea what their values are though.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Please show me the last time a superstar yielded a player like Henrique in addition to other assets.

Do you know who Ilya Kovalchuk is?

What'd he get in return, again? Superstars don't ever get back as insane returns as people like to think.

Jeff Carter for Jack Johnson, 1st round pick
Jeff Carter for Jakub Voracek, #8th overall pick, 3rd round pick
Mike Richards for Wayne Simmonds, Brayden Schenn, 2nd round pick
Erik Johnson, 1st round pick for Kevin Shattenkirk, Chris Stewart, 2nd round pick

Are you going to tell me Johnson, Voracek, Simmonds, and Shattenkirk aren't comparable to Henrique, an impending RFA due for a large raise? Vanek is better than Carter, Richards, and E. Johnson.

You can't compare rentals to non-rentals and expect equal value.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
I feel like D'Agostini doesn't belong here, kinda the same way I felt about Kurtis Foster when we got him. When we traded for Poni, it made sense. When we traded for Loktionov, it was an educated risk. When we traded for Dags, it was whatever. Just didn't feel right.

I wonder if we'd package him + a D-man for a top 6 guy to a West team looking for playoff depth. Columbus? Dallas? Phoenix? Nashville? I'd be intrigued by Anisimov, Jagr, Hanzal, and Hornqvist. No idea what their values are though.

Eh. I think he's a low-risk move that was made since he was pretty much put on the block out in St. Louis and all we had to give up was a 5th. Plus, Barr was apparently familiar with him and gave the thumbs up to taking a look. He's RFA so if he doesn't work out, we just don't qualify him. But we at least have the option in case something unusual happens with Clarkson.

The Poni move made more sense due to the familiarity from last year and the urgent need for forwards when he was acquired. I'm still of the belief there's a chance he doesn't get re-signed yet again this offseason, he needs to really come on strong here the rest of the way to earn another contract, and even if he does, I'd have to think he'd be pretty cheap.

I also don't think Dagger and a D-man would get us a top-6 guy, unless it's Jagr with his situation, who I don't think is going to move now, but stranger things have happened.

Nashville isn't trading Hornqvist either. If there's anything they need more of, it's offense/forwards. While they can't replace a Suter per se, they have lots of solid defensemen to change the dynamic of their back-end and move up and still have depth there.

apice3*

Erik Johnson, 1st round pick for Kevin Shattenkirk, Chris Stewart, 2nd round pick

Are you going to tell me Johnson, Voracek, Simmonds, and Shattenkirk aren't comparable to Henrique, an impending RFA due for a large raise? Vanek is better than Carter, Richards, and E. Johnson.

Thank you for getting it

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Sather would offer a lot if he gets rid of Gaborik.

Honestly, if Sather traded Gaborik say Monday or Tuesday to a team out West, I would love to see Lou call that GM out West right away and try and get Gaborik. He would thrive under Deboer's style of play, with a guy like Zajac and maybe Clarkson on his line, as he's just the type of skilled shooter we need.

That said, deep down, I think Sather and the Rangers fear Gaborik igniting elsewhere and making them and Tortorella look foolish, which is why any move will probably wait until the offseason at the earliest.

KohoDonuts88

Sep 6, 2006
New Brunswick
Honestly, if Sather traded Gaborik say Monday or Tuesday to a team out West, I would love to see Lou call that GM out West right away and try and get Gaborik. He would thrive under Deboer's style of play, with a guy like Zajac and maybe Clarkson on his line, as he's just the type of skilled shooter we need.

That said, deep down, I think Sather and the Rangers fear Gaborik igniting elsewhere and making them and Tortorella look foolish, which is why any move will probably wait until the offseason at the earliest.

Agreed. Would love to have Gaborik. Certainly more worth 7.5M than Heatley.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast

To be fair, Schenn was the centerpiece return of the Richards deal when it was made. And Stewart was the centerpiece return of the Erik Johnson trade.

Amazing though how the "secondary" guys like Simmonds and Shattenkirk have turned out to be more productive and crucial to the team they went to. It makes trades fun in general, although sometimes painful for certain teams/fans to look back on years later.

NHL Fanatik*

What if Lou was being Lou, and D'Ags was just an acquisition to be traded off with a D+ pick/prospect for a top 6 forward?...

Ohhhhh you sneaky Lou.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
For an elite scoring forward, I'd absolutely be willing to trade either Henrique or Larsson as the centerpiece of the return in such a trade.

The key is the guy coming back would have to be under contract for multiple years ahead and be in his reasonable prime. The issue is that there are not a lot of guys like that out there for acquiring.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
If Clarkson is worth Kulemin + pick, you're saying that Clarkson is the more valuable player.

So how on Earth does swapping Clarkson for Kulemin make our lineup better, as you're suggesting?

And why would Toronto even do that deal? It's not a whopping upgrade, and they give up a 1st in the process.

Clarkson shouldn't and won't be traded. He will be re-signed in late June, early July.

To me he isn't, but he's regarded as the better player and not too long ago was being touted as one of the better power forwards in the league. Also part of my scenario was trading the pick and a prospect for a top 6 player, so yea wed be better if that happened.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

He fits in fine here don't see the Foster comparison at all. He's been our best forward at entering the zone with speed, something we can't do at all. Could easily see him being a 3rd liner around here for the next few years.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Some people here are so short sighted... Lou won't move Henrique unless he completely rips another team off.

Won't move Larsson either

Get over it.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
For an elite scoring forward, I'd absolutely be willing to trade either Henrique or Larsson as the centerpiece of the return in such a trade.

The key is the guy coming back would have to be under contract for multiple years ahead and be in his reasonable prime. The issue is that there are not a lot of guys like that out there for acquiring.

Henrique isn't going to be the 1st line star many here expect him to be. He's not Parise. He has the Parise skill set, but only has Zajac talent. There's nothing wrong with that of course, Zajac is a quality top-6 [player. He'll be a very good two-way 2nd liner, like Grabovski or Horton, with a knack for important goals. Losing him would certainly hurt, but to get a top-tier forward, in the circumstances you described, I would give him up without to much hesitation.

Larsson I'm not willing to move under any circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad