Speculation: Trade Speculation Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
So what? Lou could have said "Sorry, the team needs you" and made him stay. He first asked Arnott if he wanted to be traded out of courtesy, but giving up a pending UFA for picks is the definition of selling and a little courtesy involved doesn't change that.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
probs comparable bum depth bro and we will be teetering on the playoffs and that last week is gonna smash our faces in.

Although a few wins between now and then would make that less likely.

I consider our run last year to be an extreme success, almost like 1995. 2 wins to be exact. **** you LA

apice3*

2 overtime goals and a 5 minute major. Just think of how close we were. Sickening.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Im all for trading clarkson. That way we cant give him a ridiculous contract.

If we could squeeze like Kulemin and a 1st or 2nd out of Toronto I'd do it. Not sure of what his price would be but I'd definitely do that. Then I'd trade the first and a prospect for a real top 6 player.

So we could have:

trade-lokti-kovy
elias-zajac-kulemin
poni-henrique-zubrus
CBGB

hmmm...looks good.

Will not happen though so don't get too worked up after reading this Clarky lovers.

Last edited:

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I wish we won but I loved that run last year. That ragtag bunch almost won the cup. Who woulda thought that run woulda happened?

Enjoyed last year's run so much because every round after the 1st felt like icing and I didn't give a ****.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
wait why are we trading clarkson? everything jim said was pretty much accurate. hes not scoring goals like a sniper because he ****ing isnt one. and hes not really fighting more because thats not his role anymore. hell sign a 4-5 mill deal and u farts will have to deal with it. lous not trading him. and honestly, for what, and why? please, indulge me.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
wait why are we trading clarkson? everything jim said was pretty much accurate. hes not scoring goals like a sniper because he ****ing isnt one. and hes not really fighting more because thats not his role anymore. hell sign a 4-5 mill deal and u farts will have to deal with it. lous not trading him. and honestly, for what, and why? please, indulge me.

If we got Kulemin and a 1st or 2nd. Then the pick could be used to acquire a top 6 player. Fantasy scenario but that's why I would. Won't happen I know.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I mean if we're get a comparable player back and a 1st then Lou might do it but no offer like that exists so we are probs keeping his sorry ass.

OH and for all the Zubie lovers, I hope they throw him right in tomorrow because we could use him over Barch.

DevilChuk*

Do you know who Thomas Vanek is? It most certainly would require more, a lot more.

Please show me the last time a superstar yielded a player like Henrique in addition to other assets.

Do you know who Ilya Kovalchuk is?

What'd he get in return, again? Superstars don't ever get back as insane returns as people like to think.

Beetlebum*

I'm all for the Vanek idea. Like I said in the trade forum Matteau/Josfeson, Merrill, Tallinder, and a first for Vanek and the Sabers first in 2015.

apice3*

If we could squeeze like Kulemin and a 1st or 2nd out of Toronto I'd do it. Not sure of what his price would be but I'd definitely do that. Then I'd trade the first and a prospect for a real top 6 player.

So we could have:

trade-lokti-kovy
elias-zajac-kulemin
poni-henrique-zubrus
CBGB

hmmm...looks good.

Will not happen though so don't get too worked up after reading this Clarky lovers.

If Clarkson is worth Kulemin + pick, you're saying that Clarkson is the more valuable player.

So how on Earth does swapping Clarkson for Kulemin make our lineup better, as you're suggesting?

And why would Toronto even do that deal? It's not a whopping upgrade, and they give up a 1st in the process.

Clarkson shouldn't and won't be traded. He will be re-signed in late June, early July.

apice3*

Someone should dig through last years trade thread and find posts that said we should sell.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Love Merrill's game in the A right now...want to see a full season of him..either here or in Albany before I would entertain a trade.

Merrill and Boucher may be our first pair of truly untouchable prospects in a long while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad