Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Beause goaltenders take much longer to develop and have a much higher potential to bust, even late in their careers. And all of them except Frazee are unproven at the pro level, unlike our defensemen who are NHL ready but have nowhere to go.

Dmen don't have bust potential? Which ones do we have that are proven right now? Urbom and that would be it.

We don't need to make a move to make a move. If there isn't anything that makes sense we can easily hold onto our dmen and wait for the offseason or next deadline. Let's wait and see what we have in Gelinas or Urbom or them.

Obvious exceptions for the big names but I don't see us landing any this year.

GM17*

ThePSEGPowerPoster said:
I still think Brenden Morrow is doable (Gelinas, Tedenby, JaJo, Tallinder + 1st)

Are you by chance a member of a separate forum that posts nonsense and giggles about it behind our backs?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Morrow for a 1st? Nice panic move that would be. That would be dumber than replacing Parise and Sykora with Butler and Tedenby.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Lou should really start making some calls especially if Lotki is out for a while. We desperately need someone.

Also I had a dream that Josefson got called up and he had 2 goals...was a very realistic dream.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don't ****ing want Morrow!!!

Morrow's value is somewhere where Langenbrunner and Arnott's was when we traded them.

He's not fetching anything of significant value, not a first or a top prospect.

Lou should really start making some calls especially if Lotki is out for a while. We desperately need someone.

Also I had a dream that Josefson got called up and he had 2 goals...was a very realistic dream.

Only way that happens is if they flip Pesonen and JJ or if Loktionov is seriously injured.

apice3*

I'm guessing if Loki can't go, Carter is going to move to center and Pesonen will get a shot.

Poni - Zajac - Kovy
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Pesonen/Matteau - Carter - Bernier
Kostoplous - Gionta - Barch

Yuck

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm guessing if Loki can't go, Carter is going to move to center and Pesonen will get a shot.

Poni - Zajac - Kovy
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Pesonen/Matteau - Carter - Bernier
Kostoplous - Gionta - Barch

Yuck

I say move Elias to center....

Poni-Henrique-Kovalchuk
Matteau-Elias-Clarkson
Carter-Zajac-Bernier
Pesonen-Gionta-Kostopolous

I think we might see both Matteau and Pesonen in tonight. I'm kind of curious to see how Elias would look in between Carter and Bernier.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
If Lokti can't play we will go back to this...

Poni-Zajac-Kovy
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
CBGB
Barch-Matteau-Kostopoulus

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Matteau is not gonna play center.

does it really matter? theyre gonna play 5 mins each anyway...

any way we change it around it's a god awful lineup...hopefully our big guns can all get hot at once, much like they all got cold at once during the **** streak.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think there's a slight chance Matteau plays center. He's done it before I think before he got to the NHL, and they've had him do it in practice before. Whatever happens to him I'm sure we can assume the $48 million dollar John Madden will be on the 1st line.:shakehead

I think I'd rather see Matteau play center so we can put CBGB together at least since the lines are a joke without Loktionov.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
does it really matter? theyre gonna play 5 mins each anyway...

any way we change it around it's a god awful lineup...hopefully our big guns can all get hot at once, much like they all got cold at once during the **** streak.

The best I've put together are:

Elias at center:

Ponikarovski-Henrique-Kovalchuk
Matteau-Elias-Clarkson
Carter-Zajac-Bernier
Barch-Gionta-Kostopolous

Carter at center:

Elias-Zajac-Clarkson
Pesonen/Matteau-Carter/Gionta-Bernier
Barch-Carter/Gionta-Kostopolous

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
The best I've put together are:

Elias at center:

Matteau-Elias-Clarkson
Carter-Zajac-Bernier
Barch-Gionta-Kostopolous

Carter at center:

Elias-Zajac-Clarkson
Pesonen/Matteau-Carter/Gionta-Bernier
Barch-Carter/Gionta-Kostopolous

I like this actually I'd roll that. Maybe swap out Barch for Pesonen

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Both lineups are unimpressive.

obviously but if zajac starts playing like zajac, kovy goes beast mode, patty stays the same and clarky can revert back to early season form that can carry us until we make a move. we have to make due with what we have for now

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
I've been very pleased with what I've seen from Barch. He's taken his role and played it well on this team, but I'm not sure both him and Kostopolous in the lineup at the same time is ideal as neither are too fleet of foot.

Gionta is playing a bit less now, which is only a good thing, and hopefully if/once we add another forward, the minutes will go down even more and I don't think it's unreasonable, to perhaps consider a 4th line rotation as needed.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I've been very pleased with what I've seen from Barch. He's taken his role and played it well on this team, but I'm not sure both him and Kostopolous in the lineup at the same time is ideal as neither are too fleet of foot.

Gionta is playing a bit less now, which is only a good thing, and hopefully if/once we add another forward, the minutes will go down even more and I don't think it's unreasonable, to perhaps consider a 4th line rotation as needed.

Only issue I have with Barch is his struggle to get the puck out of our zone when he gets it along the boards.

Play Pessonen tonight.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
People on Twitter are floating the idea of getting Jagr from the sinking ship that is Dallas. If he could be acquired for something like a 4th round pick, he'd be a rental I wouldn't mind getting. He'd immediately fill a 1st line wing spot and that would do wonders for the lineup.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
If the Sabres want to blow it up, I would LOVE to get Pominville from them.

He'd improve both of our special teams and finally gives us a top-6 winger to compliment Kovy. Plus he's signed for another year

Buffalo would probably want a lot, though.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
If the Sabres want to blow it up, I would LOVE to get Pominville from them.

He'd improve both of our special teams and finally gives us a top-6 winger to compliment Kovy. Plus he's signed for another year

Buffalo would probably want a lot, though.
You think they would want to part ways with their captain? Interesting.

He`s creative and skilled, but too cute very often. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad