Speculation: Trade Speculation/Be a GM Thread/Go CrAzY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I would sell and stand pat. This isnt going to be the year, the writing is on the wall. Dump what you can and get back some picks ans start fresh next season.

The more I see of this team, the more I agree. The only rental I'd like Slats to kick the tires on is Roy, that's it.

Dump the dead weight like Boyle, Pyatt, and Gilroy. If they have any value, get it. I suspect Boyle and Pyatt do, Gilroy should be waived TODAY to clear a space for tomorrow just in case. If Gilroy isn't on the waiver wire today, I don't know what is going on with the Rangers.

Brooksie said Sather was at the game last night so you expect him to be back in the mix full time here.

I still suspect we're going to see major turnover this off-season, and this team will go more towards the Torts philosophy of hockey with it's players. The guy who should be fired is now going to have a team molded to his needs.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
they are still in the playoffs, with potential... potential to get their act together late. I don't believe any major moves could or should be done, but they should try to improve some weaknesses on D and the bottom 6.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah no rentals, unless we're dumping an "asset" that we have no desire to keep. Otherwise, I don't want any acquisitions that aren't part of the long term plan.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Yeah no rentals, unless we're dumping an "asset" that we have no desire to keep. Otherwise, I don't want any acquisitions that aren't part of the long term plan.

For the forward corp the future is in the system.
Fasth, Lindberg, MSC, Miller, Kreider, Yogan,... They are there, just need patience or package them for an upgrade.
On the blueline, they are one D short.
McD-Girardi
Staal-X/McI
Dz - McI/X

Where is X coming from?

Bardof425*

For the forward corp the future is in the system.
Fasth, Lindberg, MSC, Miller, Kreider, Yogan,... They are there, just need patience or package them for an upgrade.
On the blueline, they are one D short.
McD-Girardi
Staal-X/McI
Dz - McI/X

Where is X coming from?

Stralman could be that guy. He is fine as a number 5/6

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
The more I see of this team, the more I agree. The only rental I'd like Slats to kick the tires on is Roy, that's it.

Dump the dead weight like Boyle, Pyatt, and Gilroy. If they have any value, get it. I suspect Boyle and Pyatt do, Gilroy should be waived TODAY to clear a space for tomorrow just in case. If Gilroy isn't on the waiver wire today, I don't know what is going on with the Rangers.

Brooksie said Sather was at the game last night so you expect him to be back in the mix full time here.

I still suspect we're going to see major turnover this off-season, and this team will go more towards the Torts philosophy of hockey with it's players. The guy who should be fired is now going to have a team molded to his needs.

This could really happen. It would be unfortunate. Sticking with the grind/grit system will burn out our players again in a 82 game season.

Whatever, spinning our wheels I guess.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
How are we going to trade Boyle when Torts cant trust Kreider or Miller with a regular shift down the stretch?

The same people that are screaming for a coaching change, or roasting the players capable of taking a regular NHL shift, are the same ones complaining about how we should live with the mistakes of the younger players.

I find that double standard fascinating.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Sorry, I am not impressed.
I don't think he should be resigned at the end of his contract IMO.

Why not give him another 2 yr contract, if you get him cheap? Most of the time he can log 15 to 20 minutes a game without making stupid plays. Produced some offense in the playoffs. Has decent passing skills. Ideal 5th dman who can jump into the top 4 for some games. You then hope Skjei develops nicely and is a fit for a bottom pairing role in 2 or 3 yrs.

Of course, if he demands north of 2.2 mill a yr, then by all means, bye bye. But frankly, I don't see that happening.

No point in overpaying a FA when you have a slightly worse solution at a much cheaper price in your organization. I mean, lets take a look at the money defensemen of his calibre get with the new cap first. Then make decisions. Every 100k $ can be important. Sather isn't known for signing UFAs for cheap.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
How are we going to trade Boyle when Torts cant trust Kreider or Miller with a regular shift down the stretch?

The same people that are screaming for a coaching change, or roasting the players capable of taking a regular NHL shift, are the same ones complaining about how we should live with the mistakes of the younger players.

I find that double standard fascinating.

Not me. I'm consistent.

I want Torts gone and just let the young kids play out the rest of the season. Mistakes and all.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Not me. I'm consistent.

I want Torts gone and just let the young kids play out the rest of the season. Mistakes and all.

That makes sense.

Its the folks that want Torts gone to "salvage this season" (i.e. make the playoffs), and then - often times in the same breath, complain about how two kids that are making tons of mistakes out there, should get more ice time.

Kind of counter-productive to the whole "we need to make the playoffs" mentality, no?

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Why not give him another 2 yr contract, if you get him cheap? Most of the time he can log 15 to 20 minutes a game without making stupid plays. Produced some offense in the playoffs. Has decent passing skills. Ideal 5th dman who can jump into the top 4 for some games. You then hope Skjei develops nicely and is a fit for a bottom pairing role in 2 or 3 yrs.

Of course, if he demands north of 2.2 mill a yr, then by all means, bye bye. Bu frankly, I don't see that happening.

No point in overpaying a FA when you have a slightly worse solution at a much cheaper price in our organization. I mean, lets take a look at the money defensemen of his calibre get with the new cap first. Then make decisions. Every 100k $ can be important. Sather isn't known for signing UFAs for cheap.

He is not a top 4 and McI will not be ready for top 4 for at least a year.
Here is the problem, Girardi is a shotblocker, doesn't move the puck well, not a hard shot.
McI is a tough sob that will clear the crease for you.
I want that other RD to bring a good shot, some physicality. I don't see that in Stralman.
If he wants #6/#7 salary, then I'd keep him.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
He is not a top 4 and McI will not be ready for top 4 for at least a year.
Here is the problem, Girardi is a shotblocker, doesn't move the puck well, not a hard shot.
McI is a tough sob that will clear the crease for you.
I want that other RD to bring a good shot, some physicality. I don't see that in Stralman.

So, you want to get rid of a capable RH D-man in Stralman, because you dont think hes tough enough.

And you want to replace him with an as yet unnamed tough guy to act as a stopgap until McIlrath is ready?

This plan cant miss!

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
That makes sense.

Its the folks that want Torts gone to "salvage this season" (i.e. make the playoffs), and then - often times in the same breath, complain about how two kids that are making tons of mistakes out there, should get more ice time.

Kind of counter-productive to the whole "we need to make the playoffs" mentality, no?

There is an outside chance that bringing in an intermediate coach might spark a team.

With that said, its too late in the season to make massive overhauls in the system that would make a significant change.

Any meaningful coach would be best served coming in over the summer.

However, the attitude of the organization seems to be to let Torts just play out the rest of the year. He will probably get at least until December to get this team in a similar composition to '12. I just feel its just going to cause our team to be completely burned out one way or another.

I'm not sure I can handle another season of Torts breakout strategy. I may have to start drinking or sniffing glue.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
So, you want to get rid of a capable RH D-man in Stralman, because you dont think hes tough enough.

And you want to replace him with an as yet unnamed tough guy to act as a stopgap until McIlrath is ready?

This plan cant miss!
Upgrade Stralman for top 4 role, not sure what is complicated about that.

I will reiterate in case you missed it.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Upgrade Stralman for top 4 role, not sure what is complicated about that.

I will reiterate in case you missed it.

I suppose nothing is complicated when you dont have an actual plan or even a name to replace him.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I suppose nothing is complicated when you dont have an actual plan or even a name to replace him.

And nothing is easier than criticize in a vaccum.
A lot of pages were dedicated to a discussion about getting a RD, you can scroll back few pages to see the names and the plan.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Blow it up already? We spent year building a core. Our window for the cup opened last season and should have lasted at least through this season and maybe into next season. I can't see Slats blowing it up already. If last season was the big run after spending years building the team, I will seriously reconsider being a fan of this team.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Matt Gilroy not on waivers today :facepalm:

First sign in the Rangers really doing nothing today or tomorrow. Not clearing an obvious roster spot.
Roster limits are gone tomorrow at noon your time. Miller or Kreider could be sent down temporarily if they need a spot in a hizzay.

rangers5000

Apr 30, 2012
tootoo and ott should be both targets

if sather isnt making a push to get both these guys he's lost it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad