Rumor: Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Personally, I see a fat player and assume hes lazy

BS! He's 6-5. that's a pretty big man. Yes he struggles and carries extra weight from the offseason, if he were to come to the NYR, our camp along with our dictator coach could help.

For fat, lazy guy, he has better #'s than our whole blue line, along with most of our bottom 6/9! He's won a SC, and was beast that run. He brings toughness, size, physicality, scoring...

A lot better than some crap options others have thrown around in this thread.

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
The Rangers will make minor moves unless Sather can get away with a great deal for a rental.

Gaborik and Del Zotto are not going anywhere. The youth is off limits.

I would not be surprised if steve ott is somehow a ranger at the deadline.

And please god no to dan boyle. We do not need an aging defenseman with a high cap hit. A lot of you are frustrated with richards. You'll have the same sentiments with boyle.

Steve Ott would be welcomed, but he's not a rental. He just signed a 3 year 2.9 mil deal last summer with Buffalo.

frankthefrowner

Jan 13, 2007
Please its the same way people look at Kane and the fact that hes a dumbass and posted thos pics of the money and immediatly call his ass a thug... comepletely race related. If he was white he'd just be dumb like the other Kane,

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Buff definitly brings his lazy play sometimes.. but he his dynamic on the back end ... Kane is damn good but Buff is the need... I think some people just see a black player and assume he is lazy.

So a team who has a need of a top-6 power forward LW and has a strong defense needs another defenseman?

Huh? Where did I say anything of the sort? It has been mentioned by COUNTLESS sources that he is lazy. He gained something like 20lbs throughout the course of a season. That is nearly impossible considering how much time these guys spend on the ice.

Personally, I see a fat player and assume hes lazy

Bingo

Literally nothing posted suggested this. My God.

:laugh::laugh:

You see fat i see big and strong and runs over peopl.e

So if you see a fat person walking down the street, unlike other people, you think strong?

Don't you think it's more reasonable that people see his lazy play (which you mentioned) and then assume that he's lazy?

But the race card is funner.

Way funner

*Bob Richards*

Alright, lets keep this away from talking about someones race. It won't do anybody any good.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
BS! He's 6-5. that's a pretty big man. Yes he struggles and carries extra weight from the offseason, if he were to come to the NYR, our camp along with our dictator coach could help.

For fat, lazy guy, he has better #'s than our whole blue line, along with most of our bottom 6/9! He's won a SC, and was beast that run. He brings toughness, size, physicality, scoring...

He's 6'5", but between 260-280 pounds depending on what he had for breakfast.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Please its the same way people look at Kane and the fact that hes a dumbass and posted thos pics of the money and immediatly call his ass a thug... comepletely race related. If he was white he'd just be dumb like the other Kane,

What? I literally can not believe you are attempting to use the race card here.

People call Patrick Kane an idiot all the time. People were all over Mike Richards and Jeff Carter for the same thing. You're right though, definitely a race thing.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

He GAINED like 20lbs throughout a season. That is all I need to know.

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
Why exactly are the Jets going to trade some of the best players on their team to NY Rangers.

They just get a hockey team back in town, go on run look like they can make the playoffs and they are going to be Sellers at the deadline. Makes no sense. They're new fans deserve better than that...

If the season ended today the Jets would be a 3 seed with home ice advantage. They will need them some Buff

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Hmmm, I suppose Dustin Byfuglien is black... I hadn't considered it until you mentioned it.

images

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Why exactly are the Jets going to trade some of the best players on their team to NY Rangers.

They just get a hockey team back in town, go on run look like they can make the playoffs and they are going to be Sellers at the deadline. Makes no sense. They're new fans deserve better than that...

If the season ended today the Jets would be a 3 seed with home ice advantage. They will need them some Buff

I agree, Jets right now are leading the South eastern division, no way they are gonna be sellers especially Kane or buff.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
seems to be doing just fine for a fat lazy slob.
He does wonderful for a fat, lazy slob. Easily the best fat, lazy slob in the league. I would absolutely love to have Dustin Byfuglien on this team.

I'm a complex individual! I can think bad things about a player without thinking the player is bad.

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
Thats not a horrible contract and he would be a great 3C for us, but whats the price? I'm sure it would be steep

I imagine Buffalo sees him as part of their future domination of the NHL. Hence why they signed him... Has he fell out of favor...already?

schabadoo

Feb 16, 2012
Del Zotto has 24% of the Rangers points from the blueline this season. He just passed Marc Staal last night for the leading point getter among Ranger defensemen.

Exactly. With so little production from the blueline I can't see how you could trade a guy putting up a quarter of the D's points.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Exactly. With so little production from the blueline I can't see how you could trade a guy putting up a quarter of the D's points.

he also gets the majority of play. Honestly, I think Mcdonagh could be our best defensive point getter. He can skate he's got puck moving ability, and an accurate (albeit not hard) shot.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
bottom gritt forward like Ott, and a blue linining D man with a hard shot is what Sather needs to get.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Evander Kane is a hell of a player, I figure the price would be very high. Gaborik+ for sure.

I'd do it though...just a HUGE Kane fan.

Punxrocknyc19*

bottom gritt forward like Ott, and a blue linining D man with a hard shot is what Sather needs to get.

id love an Ott, Clifford, Torres type forward...Rangers also need a defenseman with some grit and toughness that can be a top 4 or 5th dman.. someone like Adam McQuaid, Mark Stuart, Tim Gleason.. Rangers need 2 upgrades on defense.. someone to help on the PP and a defensive dman with some grit and toughness.. Rangers need someone who can make oppoents think twice about going near Lundqvist...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad