Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Has the NHL figured out how trades are going to work during this Covid 19 season when travelling is discouraged as well as crossing the border? I assume that some kind of quarantine period would be in affect so any players traded would need to be tested before going to their new team & then isolated for a few weeks. Then the whole hassle of moving the family or wait until the off season, it's going to be a mess & it wouldn't surprise me if more guys than usual say no to a trade this yr. This is the one yr where it may not be, business as usual.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Would I trade Stuetzle for PLD? No, lateral move at best, realistically a step back. Stuetzle is under Sens control for 7 years. PLD is 4 years.

Would I trade Sanderson for PLD? In a heartbeat. PLD fills a hole in the line up immediately, he speeds up the rebuild by 2 years. It gets us closer to competing for a cup.
Sanderson can refuse to sign like Adam Fox, Kevin Hayes, Alex Kerfoot, Will Butcher, Jimmy Vesey, Justin Schultz
Don't forget Pinto and JBD. We're about to lose everyone in college right now.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Depends how you define 1C prospect I suppose. The Kings are sitting right there with Turcotte and Vilardi behind Byfield on the depth chart. If they decide they want to throw one of them into a package that may very well top anything the Sens can throw together.

In a vacumn the Sens can probably still offer the most value, but if Jarmo doesn't think Norris is enough of a replacement at C there's really no clear road to trade for PLD.

I don't see LA trading Byfield for PLD. With Turquotte and Vallardi in the mix and LA doesn't need PLD. In theory they can offer better, but they have no need for him.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I can't help but ask are we good enough if we get Dubois? If say Sanderson, White and a 1st goes the other way?

I'm not sure we need Dubois and i hope we don't. If Stuetzle is a C, we need one of Brown, White or Norris to be an upper end 2C. Then we've got 50 minutes a night with Chabot and Sanderson.

If we get Dubois and Stuetzle is a 1C, then what? Dubois is a2C, we've got one of White, Brown or Norris to play 3C (with one traded to get Dubois) and the other gets traded. And we've weakened our D.

I just don't see the upside

Better to wait 56 games and see what we've got and plug holes as needed

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I can't help but ask are we good enough if we get Dubois? If say Sanderson, White and a 1st goes the other way?

I'm not sure we need Dubois and i hope we don't. If Stuetzle is a C, we need one of Brown, White or Norris to be an upper end 2C. Then we've got 50 minutes a night with Chabot and Sanderson.

If we get Dubois and Stuetzle is a 1C, then what? Dubois is a2C, we've got one of White, Brown or Norris to play 3C (with one traded to get Dubois) and the other gets traded. And we've weakened our D.

I just don't see the upside

Better to wait 56 games and see what we've got and plug holes as needed

Looking like a PLD trade will take that long to happen anyway. CBJ won’t get what they are after currently and are in no rush to move him.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I don't see LA trading Byfield for PLD. With Turquotte and Vallardi in the mix and LA doesn't need PLD. In theory they can offer better, but they have no need for him.

I'm no so sure about that honestly. PLD/Byfield is a pretty nice 1/2 punch long-term and maybe they want to pair someone with Kopitar and Doughty and not waste their remaining years.

It's not just the Kings either, the point is just that all it takes is one team to offer up a better C prospect than what Ottawa has to offer. The Sens, despite all the talent in the cupboards, might not be a great spot to pull off a PLD trade if the best piece they can offer is Sanderson/Brannstrom when the Blue Jackets already have Jones and Werenski on the roster.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I don't think CBJ wants what we are willing to give up for PLD - anything outside of Chabot, Tkachuk, Stuetzel, Sanderson.

Logan Brown/Norris/Batherson/Formenton + Logan Brown/Norris/Batherson/Formenton + JBD + Unprotected 2021 1st is even enough for them and I don't think we even offer them that. That's already equivalent to 4 first round picks all ready to step into the NHL.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would not move Sanderson for Dubois, however, I would move White & Brannstrom in a package, maybe include Gustavsson if they also want a goalie & a pick and/or B-prospect like Abramov.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I would not move Sanderson for Dubois, however, I would move White & Brannstrom in a package, maybe include Gustavsson if they also want a goalie & a pick and/or B-prospect like Abramov.

Yea no kidding you would lol

- Goalie prospect who hasn't impressed much
- A center who has underperformed and is getting paid the same salary as Dubois
- The smallest prospects we have which you obviously don't like nor believe in their potential future impact

So basically not much for a 6'3" 220pds future #1C.

Why would CBJ do that though?

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Sanderson could be a very attractive piece for CBJ if they don't think Jones is going to re-sign.

Similar style of player (with less offense obviously) and his dad Geoff played for Columbus back in the day.

Add in a potential replacement top 2 line center in Norris, Brown or White (if he rebounds) and you have a good framework for a deal.

Would make more sense for us if it's done next off season when we know we can draft one of the top D in 2021 (hopefully a RD).

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
In order to get a PLD trade started, we’d have to offer two blue-chip pieces. Excluding Stuetzle - there’s 4 in our cupboard.

Unprotected ‘21 1st, Batherson, Norris and Sanderson.

To me, Batherson and the 1st are the least valuable and cumulatively are still not worth PLD.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yea no kidding you would lol

- Goalie prospect who hasn't impressed much
- A center who has underperformed and is getting paid the same salary as Dubois
- The smallest prospects we have which you obviously don't like nor believe in their potential future impact

So basically not much for a 6'3" 220pds future #1C.

Why would CBJ do that though?
I considered writing Steutzle & maybe Brannstrom for Dubois, but you know what would have happened then don't you?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
In order to get a PLD trade started, we’d have to offer two blue-chip pieces. Excluding Stuetzle - there’s 4 in our cupboard.

Unprotected ‘21 1st, Batherson, Norris and Sanderson.

To me, Batherson and the 1st are the least valuable and cumulatively are still not worth PLD.
I think that’s so much more than what other teams are offering. So I think it’s too much

R2010

May 23, 2011
Guys teams weren't willing to give up their absolute top prospects for Karlsson, Stone, Duchene etc... but we're supposed to believe that we should trade multiple of them for a guy with a couple 50 point seasons? If Vegas wasn't willing to do Glass, NYI wasn't willing to do Dobson etc... then why would would teams trade similar tier players. Sanderson/Norris today are better prospects than Brannstrom/Norris at the time of their trades.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I feel like a move towards Dubois kind of just ushers in an era of mediocrity. He's never gonna be a big time 1C, but we'd have to pay him that way in money and assets. I'd rather wait for someone better via trade or FA or stay where we are at the bottom for the draft. Dubois doesn't make this team a contender in the next few years but it probably keeps us from drafting the real difference maker we'll need.

Different story if it was for Barzel, Eichel, or Draisaitl.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

I would not move big guy, big guy, big guy but i would move little guy, little, little guy

Gotra luv ya Aragorn....you believe in yourself

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Dubois is asking for a trade because Columbus is too small of a market for him. The discussion should literally end there. Sure we would own his rights for 4 years, but all that's going to be is having a disinterested, unhappy player as our 1C, getting top minutes, and moping around the locker room. Why on earth would we trade Sanderson (or anyone) for a player that will obviously not want to be here?

Reactions: Flamingo

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I really like PLD and think he would be a perfect fit here

He works with the age and style of team - but I also wouldn't break the bank for him.

Personally theres zero chance I trade Sanderson

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Dubois is asking for a trade because Columbus is too small of a market for him. The discussion should literally end there. Sure we would own his rights for 4 years, but all that's going to be is having a disinterested, unhappy player as our 1C, getting top minutes, and moping around the locker room. Why on earth would we trade Sanderson (or anyone) for a player that will obviously not want to be here?
I agree with you here but that also begs the question how long do you think all our US born prospects want to play in a small Canadian city like Ottawa? Sanderson, Pinto, White, Tkachuk, Norris, Kleven at some point in their careers will want back to US especially if we don't make strides towards a cup.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
To follow up on my previous post about Dubois, I feel like the Sens make a big splash for him would be the NHL equivalent of the Vikings signing Kirk Cousins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad