Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
I don't think Dorion would trade Sanderson in a deal for Dubois, because that would put the spotlight on Brannstrom to be a top pair defenseman, after Dorion claimed his greatest day as a GM was trading perenial AllStar Mark Stone for Brannstrom. Brannstrom fails, he looks uber foolish.

And if we do go after Dubois, I don't want Logan Brown in the package, on the hopes that he and Dubois become a 1-2 tandem at center of huge bodies with skill, reminiscent of the best days of Kopitar and Carter winning Cups for the Kings. Going from weak at center to dominant nearly overnight would be awesome. Still depends on Brown finding his edge, but if he does...

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah .think this is just wishful thinking...Barzal or JLD would be nice... But the cost for either would, be too high for us ATM

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I’d trade any combo of White, Brown, Pinto for Dubois. I’d keep Norris, Stutzle, Sanderson and prefer to keep the 2021 first because with Dubois we have a majorclog of Center prospects.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
It would take at a minimum 1st (no condom) , Sanderson, Norris for PLD Imo. He's only 22 and a 1c.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It would take at a minimum 1st (no condom) , Sanderson, Norris for PLD Imo. He's only 22 and a 1c.

Unprotected 1st + Sanderson + Norris (so a pick that could be a Byram/Stuetzle, even more risky now than before with the draft lottery + 2 guys that will have 2-3 ELC years)

for Dubois (5.0 x 2 years but will be over 6.65 after that, even if he doesn't improve that much)

Dubois is still only 22 y/o but has a 0.67 PPG in the NHL so far. I think it's very possible that Josh Norris gives you that kind of production and excellent 2-way hockey on a year-to-year basis. So we'd be giving up Sanderson and a possible lottery pick for the difference that should happen between Norris and Dubois?

Please find me a player that returned that kind of package. Dubois isn't Lindros and we'll never see a Lindros trade again, not even close.

I bet if you can find, these player(s) were a lot more proven than Dubois currently is.

This is what 2nd OA pick, 22 y/o Seguin returned :

Loui Eriksson (28 y/o)
Joe Morrow
Reilly Smith
Matt Fraser

This is what 5th OA pick, 22 y/o Kessel returned :

2010 1st round pick
2010 2nd round pick
2011 1st round pick

Last edited:
Reactions: Simplicity

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016

If that's the case, then Dubois had better kiss and make up with Torts, or pretend that he's playing in MSG.

There is no way that anyone is paying a potential 1OA, recent 5OA and a blue chip for Pierre-Luc Dubois. He's a great player, but the recent assessments of him are absolutely insane. We're not talking about a superstar here, and he's only under contract for two more seasons.

Reactions: xVolchenkov

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
PLD is a perfect fit for us. I thought a Laine - PLD deal would happen but looks like Laine may be heading to Carolina

We can definitely offer a large package of assets if CBJ want that type of deal

Nice part about most of our prospects is that they are likely NHL ready this year or next

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Plus you'd think Columbus would be more willing to make a trade with a Canadian team knowing that they wouldn't have to face PLD this season.

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad