Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Y'All Got Any More of Them Trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
So we trade a 50 point winger to sign a 30 year old left handed guy to play THE RIGHT SIDE who put up 13 points last year and got horribly out attempted while he's on the ice?

Yeah, Chiarelli is a ****ing idiot.

nope

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
5de.png

Hemeroids?

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
Kassian/Scrivens? Wasn't it 61 saves? That makes it even worse.:sarcasm:

Why are people coming out of the woodwork with cries and lamentations because we dealt a butter soft winger? I'd pick a better hill to die. Chiaturds gonna turd.

I'm just playing. I loved the eberle trade. Just as I will love the Russell signing. Maybe 1 year long but whatever.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
The key is not giving out a NMC. Guys like Russell are easy to move in 2 years if guys like Nurse or Benning prove they are bonafide top 4 guys.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
You don't sign an aging soon to be bottom pair dman to 4x4, it's completely insane

And to think he moved Yakupov AND Eberle to make room for this goof, wonder how Chia's nuts taste like for some fans here.

Except Yakupov is terrible, lol.

Pools Closed*

Dec 1, 2010
Same exact **** happened with the Larsson for Hall trade. Results speak otherwise.

Russell is a known commodity. We've seen him play for a year and we know how he fits into our system. He was brutal last year and he's not going to improve at 30 years old.

This is not a desperation signing.

What people are failing to grasp is the coach and the GM like this player, whether we like it or not.

They want Russell on this team.

Then it's time to start questioning management. We aren't winning a cup with Russell on our second pairing.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I'm not a fan at all of the Russell signing beyond this coming season. But its amazing how often the world has ended on these boards.

Glass Eyes

Jan 2, 2017
When y'all accept Peter Chiarelli isn't a good general manager I'll be here to remind everyone that I called this from the beginning.

Absolutely awful general manager. Who the **** signs a bottom pairing guy for four years at 4 million? We just got out from Andrew Ference's cap hit.

Four years!

Is this defense good enough? No. Simple as that. Now there can't even be any additions.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/878063756479279108

Look at the replies to this tweet. Every comment is basically laughing at it. But yeah, it's somehow good.

Are you seriously trying to use Twitter comments as some kind of proof that you're right? Like they've actually been made by people who've seriously looked into the matter or have a rational/intelligent viewpoint? You do realize that Trump uses Twitter to talk to the people right?

This has got to be the worst possible justification for a viewpoint I've ever seen on these boards. :laugh:

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
The key is not giving out a NMC. Guys like Russell are easy to move in 2 years if guys like Nurse or Benning prove they are bonafide top 4 guys.

Absolutely agree. Also with a new team the salary cap should start moving up. 4 mil in two years might seem like a mil does today.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Russell is a known commodity. We've seen him play for a year and we know how he fits into our system. He was brutal last year and he's not going to improve at 30 years old.

Then it's time to start questioning management. We aren't winning a cup with Russell on our second pairing.

Whatever you say, man. :nod:

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010

Was Ference easy to move 2 years into his deal?
Russell doesn't need a no move clause.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
This is not a desperation signing.

What people are failing to grasp is the coach and the GM like this player, whether we like it or not.

They want Russell on this team.

Liking is one thing.. paying him the same as Larsson and Klefbom is another.

Maybe if they like Kassian they will pay him 6M per as well.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Nope. Should that be our plan now? Blindly hope that Spencer Foo or some other no-name will save us?

The Pens don't beat Ottawa without Guentzel going supernova.

I think we Oilers fans should be well aware that you usually need some random role player to step way up if you want to win in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad