Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Y'All Got Any More of Them Trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Russell is good but I don't understand the logic in signing him to a 4 year deal.

You already have Sekera, Klefbom, and Larsson locked up long-term and have young guys like Nurse and Benning due for new contracts soon. Signing Russell to anything more than 3 years just creates a log-jam. If Russell signs for 4 years, I'm guessing he'd be traded before year 3 of his deal kicks in. Hopefully he doesn't get a NTC/NMC.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
But we have, what, 2.6 million more in sweet, sweet Eberle savings. I was told that we'd be able to do so much fun stuff with the money saved on Eberle's contract.

But you're defending the Russell signing so isn't this fun for you? It's my worst nightmare.

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
So we trade a 50 point winger to sign a 30 year old left handed guy to play THE RIGHT SIDE who put up 13 points last year and got horribly out attempted while he's on the ice?

Yeah, Chiarelli is a ****ing idiot.

He traded a goalie that had a 51 save game for an addict. Such an idiot.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Right. Because you can add a bunch of players when you have a $12-14 million dollar contract kicking in plus a bunch of others to resign.

You have no idea what McDavid is going to be and what the cap will be at that time.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Right. Because you can add a bunch of players when you have a $12-14 million dollar contract kicking in plus a bunch of others to resign.
I suggest you look at the cap space for next year, or at least wait until we find out how much Draisaitl and McDavid are getting.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Strome 2.5 + Russell 4.25? = 6.75

Russell 3.1 + Eberle 6= 9.1

9.1-6.75= 2.35

So we save ~2.35 million over last year just on that transaction not including what Drai will get.

Somehow get rid of pouliot and you free 4 million.

I don't get the freak out here. What if we didn't find a replacement?

Klefbom larsson
Nurse benning
? ?

Then we have an injury to one of the top pairing, then you'd be crying for russell

Glass Eyes

Jan 2, 2017

lol you're defending this by referencing Kassian?!

Great, he added a 3rd/4th line winger. Wow! I'm so impressed. Totally redeems signing a bottom pairing D for 4 years and 4 m per.

Pools Closed*

Dec 1, 2010

Are you seriously making this comparison? Eberle (who I can't stand) is at least a consistent 50+ point winger and has been for the past 6 years, Scrivens was a sieve who had one flukey game. If this is the type of **** you need to spew to defend Russell then maybe you should rethink your position.

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015

9.1-6.75= 2.35

So we save ~2.35 million over last year just on that transaction not including what Drai will get.

Klefbom larsson
Nurse benning
? ?

Then we have an injury to one of the top pairing, then you'd be crying for russell

Don't you dare bring smart logic into this.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

9.1-6.75= 2.35

Klefbom larsson
Nurse benning
? ?

It's not the signing of Russell that's the problem, it's the 4 years. Anything more than 2 years would have been stupid. I would have loaded up on a 2 year deal, 2yrs $10M.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Are you seriously making this comparison? Eberle (who I can't stand) is at least a consistent 50+ point winger and has been for the past 6 years, Scrivens was a sieve who had one flukey game. If this is the type of **** you need to spew to defend Russell then maybe you should rethink your position.

We get more points per dollar spent with Strome than Eberle.

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
lol you're defending this by referencing Kassian?!

Great, he added a 3rd/4th line winger. Wow! I'm so impressed. Totally redeems signing a bottom pairing D for 4 years and 4 m per.

Well I think he is a second pairing defencemen. So yes I'll make whatever comparisons I want to. Just as you are.

Pools Closed*

Dec 1, 2010

9.1-6.75= 2.35

Klefbom larsson
Nurse benning
? ?

Why is Russell the only option? We haven't even reached the draft yet and we're already making desperation signings?

It's time to get out of the mindset we've been in for the last 10 years and aim higher. We should be competing for the cup. Russell is not good enough and doesn't even fill a need.

North

Jun 25, 2009

9.1-6.75= 2.35

Klefbom larsson
Nurse benning
? ?

I'm not sure who people want instead of Russell.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

Kassian/Scrivens? Wasn't it 61 saves? That makes it even worse.:sarcasm:

Why are people coming out of the woodwork with cries and lamentations because we dealt a butter soft winger? I'd pick a better hill to die. Chiaturds gonna turd.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I don't have a problem with the 4M, I have a problem with the 4 years.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
I usually defend Peter but he's frustrating me so much this off-season. We will immediately regret signing Russell to this contract 1 year in. Starting to see what Bruin fans meant by his horrid cap management.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
It's not the signing of Russell that's the problem, it's the 4 years.

Not ideal I agree, but do you pass him up and run the risk of being desperate again?

As long as there isn't a nmc/ntc then it's fine, but the moment you need a defenceman in this league you might as well bend over the barrel.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
You don't sign an aging soon to be bottom pair dman to 4x4, it's completely insane

And to think he moved Yakupov AND Eberle to make room for this goof, wonder how Chia's nuts taste like for some fans here.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Why is Russell the only option? We haven't even reached the draft yet and we're already making desperation signings?

It's time to get out of the mindset we've been in for the last 10 years and aim higher. We should be competing for the cup. Russell is not good enough and doesn't even fill a need.

This is not a desperation signing.

What people are failing to grasp is the coach and the GM like this player, whether we like it or not.

They want Russell on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad