Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part 17: What does "bold" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Kesler would be the number one player that I would want off that team. The guy takes it to another level in the playoffs.

Agreed. Anybody saying they don't want him because he's a ****** or whatever needs to give their head a shake. The reason people hate him is because of how good he is, coupled with being a ****** - not necessarily a bad thing.

The Perfect Human*

Blum's value has fallen a lot in the past year or so. Not worth a Hemsky anymore. But maybe could re-develop his game with EDM.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Nick Foligno/Colin Greening seem like obtainable bottom 6 guys for MacT to inquire about.

And Torres is another idea, especially since he played for MacT.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Agreed. Anybody saying they don't want him because he's a ****** or whatever needs to give their head a shake. The reason people hate him is because of how good he is, coupled with being a ****** - not necessarily a bad thing.
He's a walking band-aid now. We have enough of those.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Here's a few new ideas. Still keeping with the same familiar names but how about.

To Stl: 7th Overall
To Edmonton Berglund

To Clb: Hemsky
To Edm: Foligno

Trade Belanger for late pick

Buy out Horcoff

Sign Zidlicky, Smithson, Scuderi, Fedotenko, and Orr

Next years line up

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Foligno-Gagner-Yakupov
Fedotenko-Berglund-Paajarvi
Brown-Smithson-Orr
Smyth

Zidlicky-Smid
Schultz-Scuderi
Schultz-Potter
Fistric

It's not great but would definitely change the look of the team.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Kesler would be the number one player that I would want off that team. The guy takes it to another level in the playoffs.

The Oilers already ready have an expensive center who's game is declining.

Plus, the one they have doesn't "play up" being hurt on the ice to show how "tough" he is.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
was anyone listening after 4 PM on Team 1260 yeaterday when Ryan Rishaug (sp?) basically said, without actually saying it, that the same deal that Nashville got for Martin Erat, which involved Filip Forsberg, was apparently offered to the Oilers and Tambo couldn't pull the trigger? if this is true, i am pretty mad and now VERY glad Mr. Conservative has been fired! thoughts?

Bobblehead

Sep 30, 2006
hilarious you guys think the sedins need to be moved, you dont trade art ross winners in their prime. esp when the sign at far below market value.

Agreed. Can't see it happening. Plus all the non-hockey stuff they do for that city. It would be a PR nightmare. They have to get rid of the side show though. They have some really good pieces, just need a new message (Lindy Ruff?) and move some of the clowns.

The Perfect Human*

^Thought so. Although a lot of scouts are finding holes in Forsberg's game. Holes that no one was talking about before the draft. Maybe it's why he fell to 11th or whatever.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Blum's value has fallen a lot in the past year or so. Not worth a Hemsky anymore. But maybe could re-develop his game with EDM.

but hemsky isn't worth as much as you think, either.
he's an injury prone, under performing player who hasn't had a healthy season where he has played well since 2008-2009.

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van

I think that may actually be fair. Hemsky has very little value now and he is an injury risk. Plus, I think he needs to be moved to make room. I'd take what I can get at this point and it wouldn't take very much.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
A draft pick for Berglund is an overpay? Wha?

Why do people hate on draft picks? It amazes me how before a draft Nail Yakupov is just "a draft pick" but once he's selected and plays half a season he's our best goal scorer and a future 40 goal guy.

It's an overpayment.

Conkanen*

A draft pick for Berglund is an overpay? Wha?

Yes. The 7th Overall pick is an overpayment. Are we talking about the same draft pick here? I am floored anybody would consider this but we all have our opinions.

Lewy

May 26, 2011
Yes. The 7th Overall pick is an overpayment. Are we talking about the same draft pick here? I am floored anybody would consider this but we all have our opinions.

Since when are draft picks better than real NHL players?
edit: I really like Berglund so maybe I'm biased but Don't Monahan and Lindholm project to be similar?

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
So if you are ownership, why is Gillis the one to reset? He built around the Sedins and Lou and couldn't get it done, so why is it going to better this time when in reality they don't have anyone up front that they can build around.

Wasn't it the 'imbalanced' officiating that caused them to lose the series? Surely it wasn't the players.

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
I could see Dave Nonis trying to bring the Sedin's to Toronto if they're available. They have some assets to move and need to take the next step. Nonis' relationship with the two of them is just a bonus. Imagine a trade this summer involving the Sedin's and Luongo going to Toronto.

Would Grabovski, Kulemin, Gardiner, Rielly, 1st even get it done? That would be crazy..

It would be hilarious if the Leafs swapped cores with the Nucks and won the Cup. This is the only scenario under which I would enjoy the Leafs winning the Cup.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The reason we lack a Colton Orr is because we've had a number of players just like him and they all prove to be worthless. Regardless of what Don Cherry might try to tell the world.

Agreed.

I'm not sure if it's because they're playing well in Toronto this year, but guys like Orr, Brown and McLaren aren't generally suited up in the playoffs. So why are we trying to poach them from Toronto?

In a perfect world my fourth line buries them in their own end for the entirety of their shift, which happens to be what Boston has done in their series.

The only thing that I'd take from this Toronto team is their compete level, because quite honestly, they aren't very good.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
^Thought so. Although a lot of scouts are finding holes in Forsberg's game. Holes that no one was talking about before the draft. Maybe it's why he fell to 11th or whatever.

Holes or no holes wouldn't Forsberg be something that you could flip at the draft more easily?

Although I'm not going to blame Tambo. The whole freaking team of senior, mid-level, lower level management was there at TDD. I have to think ST would've asked for people's opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino