Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Eberle Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
I would put Zibanejad into the top tier, based on what Bob said today. I know he doesn't sound as likely as someone like Strome, but I think it's possible.

I have to argue this, he had a good season, NYR just aquired him and hes cost effective NO way is he moving. Would be awesome but just cant see it

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
I think if we were moving 1st and a Prospect for a D i would be looking at other D rather then Tanev. He's decent but i dont feel like hes what our D needs.
I would rather gamble on a Vatanen/Dumba type D for our 2RD position

Tanev is an upgraded Russell that can actually suppress shots and play top comp., Dumba and Vats get sheltered minutes but honestly I wouuldnt mind any of those 3 guys.

In what our D needs, it's definitely shot suppressors and D that reduce high % chances, whether it be a great puck mover or preventing a shot attempt from happening in the first place.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
I think we'll see RNH shopped aggressively to LV. Any expansion scenario has LV with a stock of 3rd line Cs and prescious little in offense. RNH+ for Jarnkrok and Petrovic or similar D could really make sense for both clubs.

Eberle for Strome would work for me. I would expect Strome to produce some pp goals, but he'd only need to be a 20-20 player to exceed expectations.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
If I had to rank potential returns based on Bob's cryptic mesage
Top-end: Gallagher
Mid-point: Smith
Absolutegarbo: Strome or Duclair

Sorry, didn't Bob specifically say the player does NOT need to be protected? Guys like Gallagher and Smith are out then.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Still very down for Jagr tho. Still a very solid player and I think hed mesh well with the team we have now. I know hes slower but our top 6/9 is really the fastest and hes very good at puck possession. In Florida he played top line duties, but here I think hed do better in a more depth/sheltered role

I think hed be a pretty great linemate for Puljujarvi because he could be the guy responsible for the puck and let JP find open ice. Jagr would also havea ton to teach him

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Still very down for Jagr tho. Still a very solid player and I think hed mesh well with the team we have now. I know hes slower but our top 6/9 is really the fastest and hes very good at puck possession. In Florida he played top line duties, but here I think hed do better in a more depth/sheltered role

I think hed be a pretty great linemate for Puljujarvi because he could be the guy responsible for the puck and let JP find open ice. Jagr would also havea ton to teach him

Jagr or Williams would make me pretty happy.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I think we'll see RNH shopped aggressively to LV. Any expansion scenario has LV with a stock of 3rd line Cs and prescious little in offense. RNH+ for Jarnkrok and Petrovic or similar D could really make sense for both clubs.

Agreed. Theyll have a wealth of solid D and depth players. I wonder if a deal could be made to leave RNH exposed and in return get Dumba + forward

Glass Eyes

Jan 2, 2017
If I had to rank potential returns based on Bob's cryptic mesage
Top-end: Gallagher
Mid-point: Smith
Absolutegarbo: Strome or Duclair

I'm listening to the Oilers Now podcasts now and I haven't heard the "played for multiple teams" thing. If so that would eliminate Strome and Gallagher. I don't think they'd be getting Gallagher regardless, but I'll keep an ear out for more.

I've come down on Strome. Seems like a pointless move just to shed salary.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Sometimes I wonder if Bob just lurks here after a show, crosses his arms, and goes "ah, mission accomplished."

:laugh:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I'm listening to the Oilers Now podcasts now and I haven't heard the "played for multiple teams" thing. If so that would eliminate Strome and Gallagher. I don't think they'd be getting Gallagher regardless, but I'll keep an ear out for more.

They didn't say this. I misheard them and posted that they said that. I've posted a corrected list of their hints in a later post.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Stauffer:

:"a forward like him that's protected through the expansion draft. That's maybe had some challenging years or two. And that might be a lower price point. From a team that needs more offensively.

- likely a guy that gets protected himself, at a lower price point, and less of a proven scorer."

So does he mean the player is already protected, or needs to be protected?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Stauffer:

:"a forward like him that's protected through the expansion draft. That's maybe had some challenging years or two. And that might be a lower price point. From a team that needs more offensively.

- likely a guy that gets protected himself, at a lower price point, and less of a proven scorer."

I don't think anyone fits the criteria of being expansion exempt and having gone through a challenging year or two already in the NHL.

Maybe there is, but we haven't found one yet.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Except that Islanders and Stars finished top half of scoring.
Teams that have problems scoring with players like that could be Coyotes or Panthers.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Stauffer:

I was thrown off by that too, but it seemed like Stauffer was clarifying himself when he said "gets protected himself," meaning that he is a guy that the team protects either way, rather than being naturally protected by his ELC or NMC.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
nhlisajoke said:
Duclair is LW and shoots left ... do we need that
His one good year he was playing RW with Domi who was playing LW.

The thing that worries me with Duclair is I suspect he has character issues.

• Patrick Roy coached him and seemed to be heavily involved in the draft, basically saying they had to take MacKinnon, but wouldn't step up to the plate for Duclair in the 3rd round.
  • NYR traded him early on, not a huge deal cause it was a move to add a big name offensive d-man, but anytime a team deems a young player expendable it is good practice to ask why.
  • You heard rumors that the Yotes would entertain trading him the second he started struggling, where normally you try and ride out turbulent times with a young player and usually only after prolonged struggles do you hear his name get floated out.
  • Struggling in the NHL is one thing as a 21 year old, but him struggling in the AHL for someone with his talent seems odd, was he pouting about getting sent down?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Also important to note Bob Stauffer noted it's definitely not Boone Jenner or Evander Kane.

He said Ryan Strome would make a bit of sense and "might be" the type of guy.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Bjustad seems like the exact type of guy Stauffer is hinting at. Not sure how I feel about it, but he does have a bit of talent despite what some on this board think.

Also anyone hearing reports that Seattle could be announcing a NHL team tomorrow?

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Bjustad seems like the exact type of guy Stauffer is hinting at. Not sure how I feel about it, but he does have a bit of talent despite what some on this board think.

Also anyone hearing reports that Seattle could be announcing a NHL team tomorrow?

Exactly what I was thinking.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Multiple teams: Bos, Fla

Not as porductive as Ebs:50 points

Struggled last year: 37 ponts

Protected player: Reilly Smith

Team struggled with offense: Fla

Chia knows him. He is a very good defensive forward who can pop up 50 and be solid defensively. Seeing as they want Nuge to focus more on offense, I see this as great fit on his wing.

Smith could be our version of Hossa for years to come

He's got terrific advanced stats

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

Chia knows him. He is a very good defensive forward who can pop up 50 and be solid defensively. Seeing as they want Nuge to focus more on offense, I see this as great fit on his wing.

I love it.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

How does Smith really save us much on the cap though? 5M long term I don't think works with our cap. I'd like Smith, I just dont see how we make him fit.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Just came in here to say that. At one time he was a good player, maybe a change of scenery could do wonders for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad